Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 281,202 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Snake on May 22, 2017, 05:57:12 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2017, 05:42:48 PM
Quote from: Snake on May 22, 2017, 04:33:58 PMAnd the CGI looked fantastic! Without a doubt, there aren't 2 Fassbenders on this planet, but could you all tell the difference from the real and the computer generated one? I haven't heard anyone say anything about this!

You realise they can just film him separately twice and put both of them in the same frame... Neither Fassbender was created digitally.

Please enlighten me. I went to film school at Brussels and received a remakably high score for analysing a movie that wasn't even up my ally. (Vera Drake). I have noticed you're zeroing in on my comments. I expected more from a guy with 7000+ posts. The least you could do is welcome me, but if your purpose here is to pick on new members, I guarantee you picked the wrong one!

Optical compositing. Same technique they used on Duncan Jones' "Moon".

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Snake on May 22, 2017, 04:33:58 PMAnd the CGI looked fantastic! Without a doubt, there aren't 2 Fassbenders on this planet, but could you all tell the difference from the real and the computer generated one? I haven't heard anyone say anything about this!

You realise they can just film him separately twice and put both of them in the same frame... Neither Fassbender was created digitally.

Please enlighten me. I went to film school at Brussels and received a remakably high score for analysing a movie that wasn't even up my ally. (Vera Drake). I have noticed you're zeroing in on my comments. I expected more from a guy with 7000+ posts. The least you could do is welcome me, but if your purpose here is to pick on new members, I guarantee you picked the wrong one!

Not picking on you here, but it's a pretty common visual effect. It's been around for a while and used in lots of movies that involve clones or duplicates on screen at the same time for other movies. It's not necessarily cgi, more like computer assisted, although I think it can be accomplished with out computers too. They basically just filmed fassbender twice and used a double for the other character (hence why Walter is slightly taller) for one scene. Then went back a replaced the double's face with fassbender's. They did the same thing for lex in Jurassic park when her stunt double mistakenly looked up at the camera while the raptor was below on the floor.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 22, 2017, 06:07:22 PM

Optical compositing. Same technique they used on Duncan Jones' "Moon".

Yeah sure man, with a camera that moves left and right while filming? F*ck me!

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 22, 2017, 05:50:38 PM
So... am I the only one who has a problem with the following discontinuity:

Spoiler
David being the one who created
[close]
the Xenomorph?

How can it be that in Prometheus we see: 
Spoiler
[close]

And yet at the same Time it's only later
Spoiler
that the Xenomorph is actually created
[close]
?

It makes no sense to me at all.

And what about this guy:
Spoiler
Since when can David time travel and go back to design a Deacon?
[close]

This movie has Plot Holes the sizes of Pangea, unless someone cares to help me out here.

Oh this is my BIGGEST issue. You're definitely not alone my friend :-)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Snake on May 22, 2017, 06:11:58 PM

That's where Fassbender's stunt double comes in.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 22, 2017, 06:16:34 PM

Yeah, and he looks EXACTLY like him. Dude, are you for real?!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Snake on May 22, 2017, 06:20:03 PM

Mmm... it's obvious you are the one with an attitude problem around here not Huda. Perhaps the Corporal could have a little word with you?

Snake

Snake

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 22, 2017, 06:22:20 PM

I have always been 'l'enfant terrible'. Deal with it or go rat to Hicks. I'm not calling names or anything, so I'm safe (I guess). I'm just furious this movie is getting so much hate. Please refrain from urging a mod to ban me because that's just pathetic.

Mmm... it's obvious you are the one with an attitude problem around here not Huda. Perhaps the Corporal could have a little word with you?

Well...I'm sorry for all of this. I get extremely hostile at times. It's in my nature for some reason and I didn't mean to insult anyone. Please don't hate me, I'm as big as a fan as you guys are. Sorry...

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Snake on May 22, 2017, 06:30:45 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 22, 2017, 06:22:20 PM

I have always been 'l'enfant terrible'. Deal with it or go rat to Hicks. I'm not calling names or anything, so I'm safe (I guess). I'm just furious this movie is getting so much hate. Please refrain from urging a mod to ban me because that's just pathetic.

Well...I'm sorry for all of this. I get extremely hostile at times. It's in my nature for some reason and I didn't mean to insult anyone. Please don't hate me, I'm as big as a fan as you guys are. Sorry...

Dude seriously, eighth passenger isn't making this up. It's a common technique that's been around a long time. Check it out :-)

*edit. Corrected "eighth passenger's" name. Autocorrect fail. Haha

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

No harm done.  And no, I didn't report you either, never had to do it on this site before. Ol' Hicks runs a pretty tight ship around here.  ;)

Snake

Snake

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 22, 2017, 06:50:47 PM

No harm done.  And no, I didn't report you either, never had to do it on this site before. Ol' Hicks runs a pretty tight ship around here.  ;)

Means the world to me Eight passernger. Cool name, it was originally the title to Alien.

'how long till it blows'? - Hicks - Aliens lol

Anyone with me for some epic Alien(s) quotes...? i feel bad about all this...

Engineer

Engineer

"Right."

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2017, 04:11:39 PM
Quote from: Ulfer on May 22, 2017, 04:05:18 PM
QuoteI feel like we're agreeing here. That's my point. If you can't come up with something new and original, then just leave it be.
Or, make it in another genre or medium.
I was elated (and of course terrified) when I played Alien Isolation for the first few hours, for example. I would like a sequel, maybe expanding on some directions (or adding RPG elements, I don't know). But it's not the same thing, I'm the player, the alien chases a character whom I play, it's a whole different experience.

Yes, certainly the EU allows for a whole range of ideas that don't necessarily translate well to the film's continuity. I guess I should get back to playing Isolation. I've barely touched it.

You should. It's probably the best thing to happen to the Alien franchise in over a decade.

Engineer

Engineer

I agree. Isolation was the best entry in the series since the original trilogy in my opinion...

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Robopadna on May 22, 2017, 05:57:21 PM
Quote from: Tangakkai on May 22, 2017, 05:50:38 PM
So... am I the only one who has a problem with the following discontinuity:

Spoiler
David being the one who created
[close]
the Xenomorph?

How can it be that in Prometheus we see: 
Spoiler
[close]

And yet at the same Time it's only later
Spoiler
that the Xenomorph is actually created
[close]
?

It makes no sense to me at all.

And what about this guy:
Spoiler
Since when can David time travel and go back to design a Deacon?
[close]

This movie has Plot Holes the sizes of Pangea, unless someone cares to help me out here.

Because Scott likes this vision more.  And that mural isn't the xeno.

It looks pretty f**king like a xeno. That or either a goat then. WTF. They dont give a shit about continuity! Cmon guys thats obvious. Its all about money not the story.

Im so waiting for a sci-fi mocking Prometheus & Covenant where someone wants to take off his helmet or exit the dropship without helmet and everyone shoot him down how idiot he is and he is not allowed to do it because million ways you can die on a foreing planet.

That would instantly put Ridley in his place :'D not to mention the major flaws of his movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed