What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 58,682 times)

Huggs

Quote from: bb-15 on Dec 13, 2018, 03:13:44 AM
Quote from: TheKurgan on Dec 10, 2018, 04:47:54 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 10, 2018, 04:32:30 PM
O Walter is going to get so grilled when the Engineers return to their homeworld..

Trust me bro, it was the other dude that is indistinguishable from me, that wiped out the whole population and carried out godless experiments with your people. I swear. I can't create and don't play the flute.
He is out there somewhere for sure.

Ha ha...
And then the Engineers will think; 'where is this David AI guy?' 'Let's tear his head off again!'

;)

Or Walter thinks he's finally going to be saved. Only for one particularly dimwitted engineer to accidentally knock over the last vial of goo and bionuke them all again. Leaving Walter to spend the rest of eternity alone.

Walter: "Well...that's disappointing".

Immortan Jonesy

How about this? Mad scientist robot turns out to be a man in a suit.

Immortan Jonesy

Not necessarily an Alien movie, but a flick about a space succubus hunting humans through seduction. A Gigeresque female humanoid (similar to Sil but different) as the lead of a surreal journey with the "Under the Skin" kind of atmosphere.

The Old One

The Old One

What's the point when UTS exists?
It wouldn't really suit Alien regardless.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 18, 2018, 01:06:45 PM
What's the point when UTS exists?

The Blade Runner 'shared universe' case is a pointless waste of electrons. But then I thought
to myself...Who am I to judge what people likes?

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 18, 2018, 01:06:45 PM
It wouldn't really suit Alien regardless.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of no one caring.

The Old One

The Old One

Did I step on someone's toes?

1. It wouldn't suit Alien. Alien = Realism.

2. It could be done separate from Alien, with the Giger aesthetic but that's Species...
Species exists, it would essentially be a Species reboot.

3. Which is UTS, which dismissed the corny/silly aspects and elevated the concept to perfection- and did it with class.

The idea's redundant.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 18, 2018, 06:23:18 PM
Did I step on someone's toes?

No but you're acting like the kind of person who contemplate there is only one right way things should be done and that is their way and think everyone else is wrong. It can work when we are dealing with the science vs bulshit debate, but not so much when we are arguing about art or fictional worlds. Honestly, it's only help you to look like an arrogant poster.

1. It wouldn't suit Alien. Alien = Realism.

In Covenant you have a Gothic atmosphere in both; in the aesthetic of the setting and in the narrative of the film. That is closer to the romanticism spectrum than to realism. Also, please don't act like we're talking about hard science fiction movies; since the Alien films are generally flexible in terms of the rules and laws of science. Yes, we aren't talking about something along the lines of Star Wars or Twin Peaks; but neither about something similar to Gravity or Europa Report.

2. It could be done separate from Alien, with the Giger aesthetic but that's Species...

1. I have never said this. My words were "not necessary an Alien movie". Call it spin off, spiritual sequel or whatever.

2. What is wrong with an hypothetical Species Reboot? Prometheus is essentially a "Mission to Mars" reboot.

3. Which is UTS, which dismissed the corny/silly aspects and elevated the concept to perfection- and did it with class.

And ??? What is the silly part in the idea?

The idea's redundant.

Again, Prometheus is essentially "Mission to Mars" with big budget. Also, you don't seem to have any problem with Alien: Isolation, which is the same successful formula. But that's the point anyway: you can make it work if it's done right.

SM

Mission To Mars was a big budget Mission To Mars.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 18, 2018, 08:31:00 PM

No but you're acting like the kind of person who contemplate there is only one right way things should be done and that is their way and think everyone else is wrong. It can work when we are dealing with the science vs bulshit debate, but not so much when we are arguing about art or fictional worlds. Honestly, it's only help you to look like an arrogant poster.

Opinion.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 18, 2018, 08:37:08 PM

In Covenant you have a Gothic atmosphere in both; in the aesthetic of the setting and in the narrative of the film. That is closer to the romanticism spectrum than to realism. Also, please don't act like we're talking about hard science fiction movies; since the Alien films are generally flexible in terms of the rules and laws of science. Yes, we aren't talking about something along the lines of Star Wars or Twin Peaks; but neither about something similar to Gravity or Europa Report.

Genre has nothing to do with whether a work is realistic or unrealistic.
A space-succubus doesn't belong in the setting Alien established.

1. I have never said this. My words were "not necessary an Alien movie". Call it spin off, spiritual sequel or whatever.

2. What is wrong with an hypothetical Species Reboot?

1. Fair enough.

2. Nothing, if you do it with some self awareness- but if you try to take yourself seriously- it's both redundant (UTS)
& a bad idea.

And ??? What is the silly part in the idea?

Because;
The whole siren/succubus played straight is kinda an old shitty, misogynistic, sexist idea.
https://www.ferris.edu/moso/objectification/womenasanimals/index.htm
UTS flipped it on it's head in it's narrative and by showing the world through the eyes of the "Alien" character.
So either you'll play it straight (Bad idea) or you turn it on it's head somehow and repeat UTS, but likely worse.

Prometheus & Alien Isolation aren't even comparable.

The reason Alien Isolation gets a pass from me is that it's in a different medium.
The reason I don't have a problem Prometheus rebooting Mission to Mars, is because Mission to Mars is shit.
But in the same vein, I'd also have no problem with a Prometheus reboot in fifteen years
because Prometheus is also shit.

Immortan Jonesy

The Old One

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 18, 2018, 01:23:48 AM
Not necessarily an Alien movie, but a flick about a space succubus hunting humans through seduction. A Gigeresque female humanoid (similar to Sil but different) as the lead of a surreal journey with the "Under the Skin" kind of atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoSWbyvdhHw

Just admit you've been having too much black goo cocktails and are in the mood to watch some female alien on male human action  ;D

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 19, 2018, 02:30:17 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 18, 2018, 01:23:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoSWbyvdhHw

Just admit you've been having too much black goo cocktails and are in the mood to watch some female alien on male human action  ;D

I'll take both of mine in female. Unless the alien female is a xenomorph? In which case, I will gladly represent humanity.  ;D

Baron Von Marlon

You should watch the movie Evil Aliens. Fun horror comedy with an interspecies banging scene if I'm not mistaken.
And yes, female alien on male human.
Not sure if she's your type though

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 19, 2018, 03:29:08 AM
You should watch the movie Evil Aliens. Fun horror comedy with an interspecies banging scene if I'm not mistaken.
And yes, female alien on male human.
Not sure if she's your type though

http://www.mansplat.com/Evil_Aliens_5.jpg

It would depend on several factors. It's breast not to rush these things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed