What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 58,686 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Unless the teeth retract, plications.

The Cruentus

The teeth would still be there though, even if retracted.

Baron Von Marlon

I imagine something like a jellyfish with teeth. And since it was just born, the teeth wouldn't be that big.
So it being able to slide under a door ain't that strange to me.
The beluga-morph was more grown up I think.

Stitch

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 19, 2018, 03:36:36 PM
The Beluga-Morph was interesting, though if such a creature was boneless and was able to pass through vents and under the door, then it shouldn't have anything as solid as teeth.  :laugh: Don't mind me, I am just drunk from too much gin.  :laugh:
Unless it could control the solidity of its body, like the T1000.
Obviously it's not liquid metal, but there are ways to make things harder without solids. Male genitalia, for example.
How's that for Giger inspired? A mouth full of sharp penises!

DerelictShip

I would have preferred an isolated Alien film from the rest. With that being said I think they should just get Scott's trilogy over with.

irn

Quote from: DerelictShip on Oct 23, 2018, 05:17:53 PM
I would have preferred an isolated Alien film from the rest. With that being said I think they should just get Scott's trilogy over with.

I think that would be a good way to revive the series. Not a soft reboot or anything that contradicts the previous films. Just a good, interesting, stand alone film that fits into the universe without disturbing the rest.

The Old One

The Old One

100% Correct.

Perfect-Organism

I think there is ample room to explore the past, present and future.

By the past, I mean let Ridley Scott finish up his prequel series.

By the present (I know it barely applies) I mean the core period circa the first 2 films, where we could have an epic Alien Isolation movie perhaps a Dredd vibe?), and an adaptation of the Cold Forge.

The future, would be a continuation from where Aliens left off.  It should feature the survivors from the Aliens film.  The time for more classic Ripley has come.  The success of the recent Halloween film shows that there is great potential for a classic heroine, a mature woman, to bring audiences in droves to the theatre.  The Halloween continuity has been all over the place.  The truth is, who cares?  The casual observers are the ones who fill the theatre seats, not the hard-core fans.  Bringing back Ripley is an opportunity to push the limits of what women can do.  It is an opportunity for an enduring heroine, to inspire a new generation of girls and women to find an insurmountable inner strength, and pursue all challenges.

426Buddy

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 24, 2018, 02:11:42 AM
I think there is ample room to explore the past, present and future.

By the past, I mean let Ridley Scott finish up his prequel series.

By the present (I know it barely applies) I mean the core period circa the first 2 films, where we could have an epic Alien Isolation movie perhaps a Dredd vibe?), and an adaptation of the Cold Forge.

T̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶A̶l̶i̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶v̶i̶v̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶l̶i̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶m̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶R̶i̶p̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶H̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶m̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶o̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶m̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶u̶d̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶a̶t̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶s̶?̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶o̶b̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶a̶t̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶-̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶B̶r̶i̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶R̶i̶p̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶o̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶p̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶u̶r̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶n̶g̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶l̶l̶e̶n̶g̶e̶s̶.̶

The future? Is one without Ellen Ripley.
No reason The Cold Forge instead can't be the future.

SM

Other than the fact it won't.

SiL

That seems like a pretty big one.

The Old One

The Old One

Right but- a excellent similar standalone, as TCF is.

DerelictShip

I'm tired of the Ripley bloodline. It was durable in Isolation because that was a great game, and it really would not have made a difference if it was a new character. As for the movies, she is done. Casting her again would be a lack of creativity on the writer, and holding back on the potential of the movies/creature that we have yet to tap into.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed