Star Wars Games

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 29, 2024, 08:03:30 PM

Author
Star Wars Games (Read 1,561 times)

SM

SM

That's what I'm talking about. Dialed down the pixelation a bit. Big whoop.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it is actually?

It is a superb and difficult thing to bring something faithfully into the modern era, especially something previously trapped on DOS, from a technical standpoint it is certainly impressive, from an artistic standpoint even more so to redraw and rerender everything by hand with such stunning accuracy.

Wweyland

Wweyland

It made it playable for me, so that's enough.
It was the only "Jedi Knight" I didn't finish (couldn't get past the first level).
I don't enjoy wrangling with DOS settings to get a mouse and music working, and the pixelation was quite heavy.

What broke the Battlefront Collection for me, was the missing mouse Y-axis inversion feature.
I've been PC gaming for almost 30 years and have never encountered this setting being missing.
Truly fascinating.

SM

SM

I found Jedi Knight 2 tough going on the Switch.  Much prefer a keyboard and mouse to a Nintendo controller.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

My first game involving Kyle Katarn lore was a demo of the Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith expansion.

8)🤟..then I played Jedi Academy from start to finish. I finally played Jedi Outcast. Never finished it though... :'(🙏

Edit - Speaking of which I used to think...why doesn't Lucasart make an RPG game like Kotor but during the new republic? There you used to have Luke, Mara Jade, Kyle...etc.

SM

SM

Are Kyle and Mara even a thing anymore?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

🥀I don't think so :'(🙏

SM

SM

I've been reading the old Thrawn trilogy comics and had completely forgotten about old characters like Talon Karrde and General Bel Iblis.

And have somehow lost issue 5 of The Last Command.  >:(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2024, 01:51:16 AMAnd have somehow lost issue 5 of The Last Command.  >:(

:o

SM

SM

Wweyland

Wweyland

Anyone read the Thrawn Duology? I have the two books but haven't gotten around to them yet. I hear its almost as good as the trilogy, but a "clone of Thrawn" rings some warning bells. Then again, the original books had a clone of Luke called Luuke.

Immortan Jonesy

SM

SM

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 18, 2024, 07:34:38 AMAnyone read the Thrawn Duology? I have the two books but haven't gotten around to them yet. I hear its almost as good as the trilogy, but a "clone of Thrawn" rings some warning bells. Then again, the original books had a clone of Luke called Luuke.

You mean Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future.  Yes read them, barely remember what happened it was so long ago.  I do remember Chewie had sod all to do, so when they started New Jedi Order with the next book, it wasn't a tough sell to knock him off.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thought they were a clever way of bringing back Thrawn without actually bringing back Thrawn.  There was a time when I thought that was how TROS was going to bring back Palpatine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed