News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 561,974 times)

Darth Vile

Nope... viewing scenes shot in IMAX is indistinguishable when viewed on a regular screen. A regular screen still works well for films with good cinematography. However, IMAX is like the difference between watching on your TV at home and watching at the cinema...

Pvt. Himmel

https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/status/850748715480625156   

Romics is an international festival dedicated to comics, animation, games, and cross-media entertainment that takes place at the Fiera di Roma in two distinct periods of the year (April to September)     

http://www.romics.it/it/contenuto/alien-covenant       

Ingwar

This Xenomorph looks ... horrible :) Just look at its arms and legs. Totally weird and disproportional.

PVTDukeMorrison

I think that's Resurrection xeno, could be wrong though

Ultramorph

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 08, 2017, 06:55:21 PM
I think that's Resurrection xeno, could be wrong though

Yeah, it looks pretty close.

skhellter

that is the Resurrection Xeno.

The Covenant Xeno is very much inspired by it.. Digitigrade legs, fleshy textures.... but it's also a marked improvement on it.

Corporal Hicks

Yep, definitely Resurrection's Alien. I believe Omegamorph is down there.

DorkiDori

Covenant Xenos shoulders and hands are TOTALLY different

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: salomonj on Apr 07, 2017, 11:44:10 PM
Alright, so I live next to a regal cinema 16 screen with a IMAX. Is this type of IMAX screen good enough? Also I see Ridley says the film is meant to be viewed in IMAX, does that mean if I was it on a regular screen they would have to cut out the sides in order to show it in that size theater?

IMAX is a more 'square' format than the standard 2.35:1 cinemascope aspect ratio, so you'll be seeing more information at the top and bottom of the screen than you'll be getting on the eventual letterboxed blu-ray. For that reason (among many) it's good to see the film in IMAX, because you won't be seeing that 'version' of the film ever again.

It's mildly troubling to me that Ridley says it's "meant to be seen in IMAX" when it will live on at home in the cinemascope ratio, but I've no doubt he's probably contractually obligated to push the IMAX.

salomonj

Thanks a lot @ DarthVile and Mr. Clemens

I'll definitely be watching in IMAX :)

Darth Vile

Quote from: salomonj on Apr 08, 2017, 09:29:51 PM
Thanks a lot @ DarthVile and Mr. Clemens

I'll definitely be watching in IMAX :)
No worries  :)

Necronomicon II

Resurrection's xeno was a fleshy xeno done the wrong way; damn thing looks like a radiated turd. Covenant's is a fleshy beast done right and worthy of an anatomy display.

bobby brown

bobby brown

rofl "Radiated turd" :D

Not that true tough. Alien resurrection had great aliens, in its own right. It's just that the particular alien prop they're using there has seen better days.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The resurrection warrior design is terrible, ive always hated it.

cliffhanger

i'm not that negatively biased to the resurection xeno.

there still is no better alien than big chap,

but i'm not that negative towards the resurection versions.
hell, i think the carapace looks much better compared to Cameron's Aliens. I've always hated the ridged version.

the A:R version was a bit too fleshy like, but then again, it was a cloned version so i can dig that, really.

some stuff actually was great about A:R, like the underwater scene

it's funny actually that Covenant's XENO has some decent similarities with the A:R version, dorsal fin positions are one of the most obvious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed