Huggs

Huggs

You interrupted.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quite.

Huggs

Huggs

11 o'clock at night and the birds are acting like its 8am.

Oh yes, summer has arrived.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2020, 11:26:23 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 03, 2020, 10:48:42 PM
Do you miss your commute?

Not at all.

Petrol usage aside, I always enjoyed driving to and from work. It was 40 minutes on my todd, catching up with podcasts.

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2020, 10:36:55 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 03, 2020, 08:43:45 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 03, 2020, 03:34:54 AMFlorida announced their lockdown just yesterday. I work at a financial institution and we are considered essential so I'm still working 40 hours a week. The income and normalcy is appreciated but it's amazing how many people were visiting our branch today just to have something to do rather than stay at home as instructed.

Extroverts will be the death of us all.  I've also seen a spike in pointless Zoom meetings with my job.  It's as if management feels like they're not working enough unless they're roping the rest of us into their own circular discussions about shit that's usually above our pay grade.

We've had a few video conferences since we've started working from home that are just 'catch ups' and most of the people I'm catching up with are in Canberra.  I don't deal with 99% of these people normally; I don't have anything to catch up with them about.  But since there's so many people, it's easy to disconnect and no bugger notices.

We've been having daily catch-ups with a much wider part of IT in our company. I've been on one, only known my manager on the call and left after 5 minutes messaging him asking who the f**k everyone was. Yeah...no...normal meetings are a waste of time, let alone this stuff.

SM

SM

It's far too expensive for me to drive each day.  Petrol, parking, and the traffic I can't begin to describe - the horror, the horror.

SiL

SiL

I'm saving $30 a week in parking at the moment -- not a huge amount, but it adds up.

SM

SM

Yeah I'm saving about $40 in train fares per week.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's fair. I generally only fill up twice a month (about £100) and don't have any parking charges to deal with, so I totally get the benefit for you guys.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 03, 2020, 08:43:45 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 03, 2020, 03:34:54 AMFlorida announced their lockdown just yesterday. I work at a financial institution and we are considered essential so I'm still working 40 hours a week. The income and normalcy is appreciated but it's amazing how many people were visiting our branch today just to have something to do rather than stay at home as instructed.

Extroverts will be the death of us all.  I've also seen a spike in pointless Zoom meetings with my job.  It's as if management feels like they're not working enough unless they're roping the rest of us into their own circular discussions about shit that's usually above our pay grade.

Yeah, the higher ups  at the company I'm at have been all over the place with this and driving my managers up the wall with telling us to shorten our hours one second and then telling us to extend our hours at the very last minute. I think they finally get it now though as the branch I work at is right in the center of a Florida hotspot.
Now they're have us cut make on our customer facing service in the branch, but we still all have to come in and take contact center calls.

On a side note, I've been doing good saving money from going out and mindlessly shopping at department stores and, surprisingly, have stayed away from online shopping traps!  :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 06, 2020, 11:11:41 AMOn a side note, I've been doing good saving money from going out and mindlessly shopping at department stores and, surprisingly, have stayed away from online shopping traps!  :D

I've been reluctant to buy anything online simply because this virus can survive on surfaces for quite a while, and who knows how many people touch just one package during the shipment process?

I'm practically a bubble boy at this point.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2020, 11:31:57 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 06, 2020, 11:11:41 AMOn a side note, I've been doing good saving money from going out and mindlessly shopping at department stores and, surprisingly, have stayed away from online shopping traps!  :D

I've been reluctant to buy anything online simply because this virus can survive on surfaces for quite a while, and who knows how many people touch just one package during the shipment process?

Way to make her nervous now!

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 06, 2020, 12:01:28 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2020, 11:31:57 AM

Way to make her nervous now!

Never shopping ever again.
I'm lying.

Apparently we are one of very few banks, without a drive through, that's still open in my area. Should be interesting.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 06, 2020, 03:08:01 PM
Never shopping ever again.
I'm lying.

PredBabe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed