It's only ominous bongos now.

Spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha. Unless I missed something, no, not that website.  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

So it's July 4th. Here amongst my people, the quotable situations of the day so far are:

"Y'all c'mon and sit down and watch the movie"

"Nah, I'm spending this day of freedom and independence reading a good book"

"Ah, cool. What's it about?"

"Prison"

And

"What do we got?"

"One Mad Dog"

"What is that?"

"A firework"

"What's it do?"

"...........it flies up in the air and explodes"

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

After you've blown up as much shit as I have fireworks just don't do it anymore. 

SM

SM

Dis Kimba.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That is a little old school but I probably had a similar look on my face.

I always liked breaching better than demo though.  Smaller explosion but you get to be right beside the explosion when it folds the door in or cuts an entryway into the side of a building.

Some of the demo shots we've done though have just been huge, straight up monstrous. 

Kradan

Kradan

https://youtu.be/k-GSsXGQVBg

1:16 - 1:22 - best moment of this.

The Old One

The Old One

I never really understood the appeal.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 05, 2019, 02:18:16 AM
After you've blown up as much shit as I have fireworks just don't do it anymore.

When watching war movies I wonder about guys who experienced serious stuff but got home safe and sound.
Everything else must seem so boring afterwards.
"Hey, I got fireworks!"
"I flew an assault helicopter in Vietnam and dropped napalm."

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I got lucky that in my deployment I only drew my weapon three times.  Once at a kid who scared the f**k outta me, once at a hyena running right at me, and then on a truck I thought was rigged to explode.

All turned out ok.  The truck was squatting down on its back axle but it was just a load of dirt instead of explosives. The occupants were scared shitless and thought we were about to kill them. 

But I was merely talking about through the two jobs I had in the Army, I got to work with a weapon system capable of removing entire grid squares off the map in the Himars, and later became a combat engineer in a sapper unit.  Sappers are usually the crazies that run around with the infantry and blow up enemy controlled bridges, blow holes in makeshift airfields to keep enemy birds from landing in them, and blow holes in their obstacles to allow the infantry through.

I'm glad I wasn't actually in combat though, because against a true near tier enemy combat engineers have a horrific casualty rate.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Respect.

Huggs

Huggs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed