Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 616,774 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2019, 03:33:13 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 04, 2019, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 03, 2019, 04:09:57 PM
I merely used it to strengthen my cinematic immune system.

It starts to make sense now. You cleaned out your place so you could turn it into a shrine for The Predator.
With a different copy of the movie for each day of the year.

I have no more copies of the predator.  ;D

I don't want to see that filth again.

Filth? You've watched it more than people who were mildly entertained by it, including me!

Biggest. Eyeroll. Ever.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 06, 2019, 02:59:20 PM
Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2019, 03:33:13 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 04, 2019, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 03, 2019, 04:09:57 PM
I merely used it to strengthen my cinematic immune system.

It starts to make sense now. You cleaned out your place so you could turn it into a shrine for The Predator.
With a different copy of the movie for each day of the year.

I have no more copies of the predator.  ;D

I don't want to see that filth again.

Filth? You've watched it more than people who were mildly entertained by it, including me!

Biggest. Eyeroll. Ever.

There is a filth scale.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 06, 2019, 07:54:35 AM
Youngest flatmate discovered pickup artists and is talking about nothing else anymore than "game"  ::)

I really like him, but Jesus, it's so cringy.

Hope he notices sooner than later what a steaming pile he gets fed by various self appointed seduction gurus.

I agree on the cringe worthy aspect but it's not all a steaming pile. There are some proper analyses of human behaviour that can be really informative.
Only read one game book 10-15 years ago and it really improved my life.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 06, 2019, 03:39:50 PM
Youngest flatmate discovered pickup artists and is talking about nothing else anymore than "game"  ::)

Hope he notices sooner than later what a steaming pile he gets fed by various self appointed seduction gurus.

I agree on the cringe worthy aspect but it's not all a steaming pile. There are some proper analyses of human behaviour that can be really informative.
Only read one game book 10-15 years ago and it really improved my life.

Maybe they had better stuff 10 years ago or he just sucks trying to explain what he read up.

I never read on the subject myself, so everything i know is basically second hand.

While some may be useful insights into human interaction, most of it sounded borderline sociopathic with the focus not even really on having a good time but collecting notches for bragging rights.

All with the disclaimer from one author that you will get lucky maybe two times in a hundred tries. Not sure if he couldn't do equally good or better just as it is.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 06, 2019, 03:55:27 PM
Maybe they had better stuff 10 years ago or he just sucks trying to explain what he read up.

I never read on the subject myself, so everything i know is basically second hand.

While some may be useful insights into human interaction, most of it sounded borderline sociopathic with the focus not even really on having a good time but collecting notches for bragging rights.

All with the disclaimer from one author that you will get lucky maybe two times in a hundred tries. Not sure if he couldn't do equally good or better just as it is.

Lot of it depends on the person, how they process the information and how they apply it in real life.

Book I read was The Game by Neil Strauss (who also wrote Motley Crue's The Dirt). It's a fun and interesting read.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

There's a gap between wanting to understand the stupid games that stupid people win stupid prizes by playing, and making it your life's goal to objectify and sexually "conquer" as many women as you possibly can.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, it's just pathetic and disgusting.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 07:50:41 PM
There's a gap between wanting to understand the stupid games that stupid people win stupid prizes by playing

Please expand on the stupidity of the games, people and prizes.
Don't mean anything by it. Just no sure what you mean.

Huggs

Huggs

Tell him to quit acting like a virgin. That'll shut him up.

There's a gap between wanting to understand the stupid games that stupid people win stupid prizes by playing, and making it your life's goal to objectify and sexually "conquer" as many women as you possibly can.

Don't worry, he'll find himself with a nice fat STD. Game doesn't mean squat when your wiener is making its own mustard.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 06, 2019, 08:24:15 PM
There's a gap between wanting to understand the stupid games that stupid people win stupid prizes by playing

Please expand on the stupidity of the games, people and prizes.
Don't mean anything by it. Just no sure what you mean.

People play mind games with eachother all the time, usually for no reason other than to satisfy their own egos, and it generally leads to trouble for all involved. They want to "win" at something that's collaborative rather than competitive, in this specific instance.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on May 06, 2019, 08:25:33 PM
Don't worry, he'll find himself with a nice fat STD. Game doesn't mean squat when your wiener is making its own mustard.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 06, 2019, 08:32:02 PM
Quote from: Huggs on May 06, 2019, 08:25:33 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/378IyHiTEheI8/giphy.gif

STDs aren't so bad. Well, except the ones that are.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 08:31:32 PMPeople play mind games with eachother all the time, usually for no reason other than to satisfy their own egos, and it generally leads to trouble for all involved. They want to "win" at something that's collaborative rather than competitive, in this specific instance.

I agree with what you just said.

Yet it's not as simple as that when it comes to human interaction. A lot of people have trouble with being honest and direct, and with others acting that way towards them, so conversations often become games. Especially when it comes to the whole dating aspect. It's just a sad truth.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 06, 2019, 11:32:16 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 08:31:32 PMPeople play mind games with eachother all the time, usually for no reason other than to satisfy their own egos, and it generally leads to trouble for all involved. They want to "win" at something that's collaborative rather than competitive, in this specific instance.

I agree with what you just said.

Yet it's not as simple as that when it comes to human interaction. A lot of people have trouble with being honest and direct, and with others acting that way towards them, so conversations often become games. Especially when it comes to the whole dating aspect. It's just a sad truth.

Correct. But the "pickup artistry" in question isn't about just being good at dates or reading social cues in the hopes of finding a partner, it's about feeding your ego through casual sex, viewed explicitly as conquest.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 07, 2019, 12:43:56 AMCorrect. But the "pickup artistry" in question isn't about just being good at dates or reading social cues in the hopes of finding a partner, it's about feeding your ego through casual sex, viewed explicitly as conquest.

Isn't that your personal definition?
I only read one book but to most it's exactly about being good at dates or reading social cues in the hopes of finding a partner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed