What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 154,098 times)

xenotaris

xenotaris

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 17, 2023, 08:39:49 PM
Quote from: xenotaris on May 17, 2023, 02:01:20 AMWatched Alien 3 on TV, loved it at the time (before I rediscovered all three alien movies on a recordable VHS tape from my aunt. Now I am pissed that Hicks and Newt were killed in Alien 3 along with Ripley).

I think you had it right the first time tbh.

Well I still like ALIEN 3 I just hate seeing Newt, Hicks, and Ripley getting killed off that's all.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: xenotaris on May 17, 2023, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: xenotaris on May 17, 2023, 02:01:20 AMWatched Alien 3 on TV, loved it at the time (before I rediscovered all three alien movies on a recordable VHS tape from my aunt. Now I am pissed that Hicks and Newt were killed in Alien 3 along with Ripley).

Well I still like ALIEN 3 I just hate seeing Newt, Hicks, and Ripley getting off that's all.

Did it upset you?

ralfy

ralfy

I think the third movie was the first one I did not watch in the theater. I didn't remember reacting to what happened to Newt and Hicks, but I found the movie dreary. Later, I imagined that they could have set it in something like a space city, with all protagonists alive and involved in political intrigue, and then found out later that one script--by Gibson--was supposed to offer similar.

From there, I had a similar reaction to the rest of the features.

xenotaris

xenotaris

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2023, 11:09:38 PM
Quote from: xenotaris on May 17, 2023, 11:08:39 PM

Well I still like ALIEN 3 I just hate seeing Newt, Hicks, and Ripley getting killed off that's all.

Did it upset you?

Yes, it upset me. Its now the reason why I jump to the Dark Horse Earth War Alien comics after I am done with ALIENS.

Quick question, does everyone here really like ALIEN 3? I'm just wondering because I don't want to upset people who do. Just to make it clear I am a HUGE fan of James Cameron's ALIENS, the Dark Horse Comics, the ALIEN RPG, and AVP 2/Primal Hunt

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Uh-oh :o

xenotaris

xenotaris

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2023, 03:38:24 AMUh-oh :o

What? Are those unpopular opinions on this forum because I came from scified and the majority of people there were pretty much ALIEN only fans?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No, it's not unpopular. You'll just find people have come to like and appreciate Alien 3 a lot more over the years. But all opinions are welcome here, as long as folk can talk about the differences in them with respect.

SiL

SiL

There will be people who are not nice about not liking Alien 3, and tell you you're wrong,

But like what you like. Most people don't care what specific things people like.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: ralfy on May 18, 2023, 03:06:20 AMI think the third movie was the first one I did not watch in the theater.

You know, I had you pegged as a cheeky 20-something this whole time.

Quote from: xenotaris on May 18, 2023, 03:48:45 AMI came from scified

xenotaris

xenotaris

Yes I am aware Scified.com is a dying website.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's not so much that, as it is, the place has had a bit of a reputation from dot one.

xenotaris

xenotaris

It used to be a Prometheus fansite/promotional website before they started branching to other scifi movies

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: xenotaris on May 18, 2023, 03:26:31 AMQuick question, does everyone here really like ALIEN 3? I'm just wondering because I don't want to upset people who do.

Calm down pal. You are among friends here. It's perfectly okay to ask questions. Also all movies have fans, AVPR included :)

Quote from: xenotaris on May 18, 2023, 03:48:45 AMscified

xenotaris

xenotaris

I take it some former SCIFIED users migrated over here?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Everyone's welcome. Except former IMDb board members of course

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed