Prey sequel ideas

Started by Yautja888, Aug 14, 2022, 10:37:03 AM

Author
Prey sequel ideas (Read 14,908 times)

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

I had an idea for a fanfic, but I'm terrible at committing to writing projects, lol.

QuoteThe premise was set in World War I during the Battle of Passchendaele (Belgium), and it followed a captain in the British Army and a French field doctor/physician.

It would highlight the real horrors of World War I - trench warfare, artillery shelling, running strafes, mustard gas, diseases, etc. And that everpresent danger would attract the attention of an interstellar trophy hunter.

Anyway, as the Central Powers and Allied Powers wage war on the frontline, rumors of a vengeful forest spirit begin to circulate in the trenches. People begin vanishing without a trace or cropping up dead from mysterious circumstances. At first, they blame the enemy; perhaps they have access to wonder weapons or are sending covert raiding parties at night. But when No Man's Land becomes decorated with the flayed bodies of soldiers - including Germans - they realize both sides are being targeted.

The protagonists have no choice but to form a team of willing volunteers - including some soldiers from the Central Powers, leading to a temporary, uneasy truce - in order to find and put a stop to this 'vengeful spirit'.

It would culminate in the team discovering the Predator has set up base in an old, burned-out church somewhere in the forest. They try to ambush the Predator when it returns, which of course fails, and results in a lot of them dying. They even try targeting the creature's spacecraft with mortars and artillery shells, but it's too resilient and doesn't even chip the paint.

Eventually, the captain has to adopt guerilla tactics (akin to Dutch) and go primitive. In the final battle, he manages to dislodge the Predator's mask but gets beaten up badly. He instructs the French physician to call in a bombardment on their coordinates, and that finishes both of them off.

That's just the barebones story I had in mind.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

A story about the elder predator from Predator 2 going to earth 2 year later after prey, hunt a lot of Animal and the native Americans too, Nawa goes and fight the Predator, epic battle came but she died sadly. Before she dies she tells the predator to take the gun. Predator collects Trophy and gun, Go to ship, the end.

This sounds like a fanfiction more than a story

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

As much as I loved Prey, I dont really see a need to continue Naru's story. We already have enough to infer how the Predators got the pistol. We don't need a whole new film just to bookend that.

The feudal Japan idea should be the way to go or World War I in the trenches. Have the Predator stalk an encampment hunkered down in no man's land.

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

Adapt Demons Gold from the dark horse comics just flesh it out a bit.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: dnicholson277 on Dec 30, 2023, 12:12:11 AMAdapt Demons Gold from the dark horse comics just flesh it out a bit.
Too touchy subject, as also seen by Marvel dropping that story from the latest omnibus.

WW1 would perhaps be less so.

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 31, 2023, 12:35:36 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Dec 30, 2023, 12:12:11 AMAdapt Demons Gold from the dark horse comics just flesh it out a bit.
Too touchy subject, as also seen by Marvel dropping that story from the latest omnibus.

WW1 would perhaps be less so.

Yeah I guess it's touchy...

WW1 would work or any other conflict to be honest

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I'd be partial for something taking place in Vietnam.. say.. Cambodia?

SiL

SiL

Those are two different countries.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe not the best idea for a sequel, but I like the idea of the 2010 movie. Kinda like the Game Preserve Planet concept but with Yautja Prime; a group of dangerous ancient human warriors are being abducted from Earth and dropped onto the Predators home world to hunt.

Wweyland

Wweyland

But, but, the budget!

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Been looking at films like John Wick, Nobody, The Equalizer, and reading Peter Briggs' Little Miss Nightmare from the Predator Eyes of the Demon, I wondered about the concept of dropping a Predator in a action/spy film.   Something about an assassin going after a high target and facing up to a rival that turns out to be a Predator that is very willing to go after both the assassin and the high target. An alien element that no one is prepared for in these types of films introduces a cool kind of twist.

SiL

SiL

That's something Prey almost recaptured from the first two movies - you think the movie is X (80s commando film, Police action thriller) but it's actually Y. I dig it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

'The Passion of the Christ', but with a Predator slotted in.

The movie practically writes itself!

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: SiL on Jan 02, 2024, 10:29:46 AMThose are two different countries.
Two countries that are practically next to each other. And didn't American forces bomb them as well? Like we could totally have this Apocalypse Now scenario.

kwisatz

kwisatz

The United States of Countries Bombed by the United States

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed