Shaw's fate

Started by dnicholson277, Mar 02, 2023, 08:28:42 PM

Author
Shaw's fate (Read 2,486 times)

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

In my head she was always doomed after the birth of her alien child as the black goo should have mutated her.

So I like to think the things David did to her was inevitable.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Perhaps, David didn't do that to her. Perhaps he just salvaged what was usable from her.

Wweyland

Wweyland

That is a bit kinder fate than repairing David and getting body-raped in return for your efforts

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 06, 2023, 11:29:20 PMThat is a bit kinder fate than repairing David and getting body-raped in return for your efforts

Always thought the David repair was a bit convenient...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Doctor Elizabeth Shaw and her robot head companion could have made for a really interesting film, so no, I think her fate was just down to the writer.

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

I think if she repaired him then he noticed she was mutating etc but he couldn't stop it then he bombed the engineers and had to kill her it might have made more sense to me.

Wweyland

Wweyland

To be fair, Shaw's abdominal wound absorbed like a gallon of Alien "goop" before it was sealed up, no wonder her body started transforming later.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

She got her neck snapped by David in one of the drafts closer to filming. Even earlier she survived the crash of the Juggernaut and teamed up with the Covenant crew.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I would have much preferred that earlier iteration. Noomi Rapace had so much potential as an Alien star.

Even if the character needed a complete overhaul... You could have even kept all the stuff I love about Alien Covenant like David's deceptive nature and David's Drawings and fantasies.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2023, 11:32:16 AMShe got her neck snapped by David in one of the drafts closer to filming. Even earlier she survived the crash of the Juggernaut and teamed up with the Covenant crew.
Did she decline to have a bigger role?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't recall, I'm afraid. Not sure what the reasoning was.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 13, 2023, 10:47:28 PMDid she decline to have a bigger role?

I think she was still under contract to appear in any Prometheus sequels whether she wanted to or not.

Probably Fox who wanted to distance the film a bit from Prometheus, they did after all cut the bit she was in.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Whatever the reason, it was a mistake in my view.

Yes the character sucked, but a good writer could have feisably turned that around.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 15, 2023, 10:25:36 AMYes the character sucked, but a good writer could have feisably turned that around.

I agree; a good writer would've sorted this shit out. Noomi's talented and can give great performances with the right treatment. Prometheus'/Covenant's writing wasn't good enough for her. She also has a natural ability to be tough as hell, which is what you need for an Alien film, but they just threw her away. Same with Idris Elba: he's great and has a natural gravitas, but again totally wasted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed