Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023!

Started by Predalien39, Dec 19, 2022, 05:17:20 PM

Author
Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023! (Read 41,413 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I forget, was anything formally announced when Prey started shooting? I wasn't following that one nearly as closely as I am Romulus, but I seem to recall most information regarding production crew, additional casting, etc. spilling out on Instagram over the course of the shoot.

I think we might have known Amber Midthunder and that's about it when production started, which is about on par with this. Cailee Spaeny's name was officially in the trades a couple months back.

Only time will really tell, of course, but it seems like these Hulu originals do shoot a bit under the radar, at least in comparison to other films coming from 20th Century Studios that are aiming for a wider, theatrical release.

Whos_Nick

Such a shame Alien and Predator going straight to Hulu they deserve theatrical

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2023, 12:59:14 PMI forget, was anything formally announced when Prey started shooting? I wasn't following that one nearly as closely as I am Romulus, but I seem to recall most information regarding production crew, additional casting, etc. spilling out on Instagram over the course of the shoot.

No, we didn't really get anything to announce shooting. It was a very quiet production, and I was expecting the same for Romulus. Seems like the Hulu productions just aren't going to make as much noise for us all to discuss.

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 09, 2023, 10:38:34 PMSuch a shame Alien and Predator going straight to Hulu they deserve theatrical

As long as they're as good as Prey was, I don't mind as much. I'd prefer they get up on the big screen, but as long as they're quality in the end, that's fine by me.

Mike’s Monsters

Yeah, lots of movies film without announcement or set photos.

A different country and culture, but the new Japanese Godzilla movie has been in post production for a while now, with a release in November of this year. Not a set photo or leak has been revealed officially. There's some rumblings and rumors, but everything is tight lipped.

That's the best way to do it in my opinion. Makes the actual viewing of the film more rewarding when you don't know the plot, designs or what's coming. Kinda like how it used to be before the internet days. Though speculating on all the bits we get is always fun too.

Mala'kak

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 09, 2023, 10:38:34 PMSuch a shame Alien and Predator going straight to Hulu they deserve theatrical

Does that mean Disney+ will get them as ?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mala'kak on Feb 12, 2023, 06:50:46 PM

Does that mean Disney+ will get them as ?

Outside of America, yes.

Nelostic

0_0 but disney + for kids!
There movies with deleted blood
(Like marvel tv from netflix)
How they make in prey prometheus or covenant? Ha ha?

SiL

They have a section called Star which has all their R rated material. None of the movies are censored.

David

Do you think the movie is actually shooting now?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David on Feb 15, 2023, 05:16:33 PMDo you think the movie is actually shooting now?

If this local crew account is to be believed, yes.

QuoteGood news for Alien fans! 👾 Today, with two day delay, today's started the shooting of Alien: Romulus (working title) in Budapest, Hungary 🇭🇺 The movie is directed by Fede Alvarez #alien #alienmovie #newmovie #budapest #hungary

QuoteDuring the new Alien movie's filming, remember how are made the VFX effects in Alien: Covenant 👾 #alien #alienmovie #newmovie #budapest #hungary

The account also posted this odd fanmade teaser for some reason... Anyone know the source of this thing?

QuoteHard work 😓 nonstop shooting of Alien: Romulus in Budapest, Hungary 🇭🇺 the first week always is the hardest and with almost no sleeping time 👾 #alien #alienmovie #newmovie #budapest #hungary

EDIT: Found the original upload of the fanmade teaser:

But anyways, yeah, if that guy's account is to be believed, it seems like production is indeed underway, and has been for a week now.

David

That is a good news. Thanx for your answer.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 15, 2023, 06:04:08 PMEDIT: Found the original upload of the fanmade teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2lDxyAy8gs
But anyways, yeah, if that guy's account is to be believed, it seems like production is indeed underway, and has been for a week now.

That fan-made trailer made use of this animation by David Weinstock.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d8dAAW

Gimitko

Gimitko

Found an audition for Romulus on Vimeo, spoilers ahead:
https://vimeo.com/798636064

The audition is for Bjorn, it also reveals characters Rain (gender unclear) who considers an android named Andy their brother, because Andy belonged to Rains father. Bjorn doesnt buy Andys personhood and connection to Rain, calling Andy "WY damaged goods your dad used to own". Bjorns dad is also dying from a disease "everyone is dying" from and some hailstorm is related to that but I dont fully understand whats being said. Gonna leave the rest to you.

Nightmare Asylum

If this tracks, then it seems like the characters will be a salvage team poking around an abandoned ship.

BlueMarsalis79

Funny it actually sounds similar to the Noah Hawley stuff, an adopted synthetic sibling. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed