Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 114,545 times)

zuzuki

yeah but with goo inside or liquid you would need a mask to breath air i think.
i still don't understand why people are quick to decide or to think it's goo in the pods?just because there's goo in the jars?why would then immerse themselves in their pods with that goo?doesn't make sense.
and again because the quality of the images is so bad that goo colour in the pods may be only because of the contrast in this bad pictures.or it could be a light,but a pale yellow who is enhanced by the bad camera.and now we see it as goo.

anyways doesn't matter.we are talking about it like it holds the answer of the movie :))

KFS

KFS

It's not goo or any fluid there guys.
It's a yellow lighted gel bed just like the blue one from AVATAR.
Remember when Jake puts his finger in it?
It's all soft and weird.
Same thing here but yellow.

http://www.benprocter.com/picture/linkcoffin_newgel_nervous_02.1.jpg?pictureId=8071604

I like how the cryo rack seem to come out from the walls, remind me of some concept art i saw of Scott's Forever War.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

It evolves in sequels (Alien to Aliens or Alien 3 to Resurrection). But in a prequel?

I would say goo in ya tube is a step before the tubes we see in Alien ;)
Could be better tech as well, maybe the tubes in Alien have bad side effects on humans like cancer :D
Could be on the same tech level as well, just a different version...

IF there is goo in 'em - i don't think there will be any.

nendo

Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 03, 2011, 10:20:48 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 09:18:05 PM
They've already implemented some of Alien in there.  The room where fassbender is walking in looks pretty old school.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/162b028d8fbacc707c6a_2.jpg

And keep in mind that the Prometheus ship is a different working-class ship than the Nostromo.  I wouldn't even call it a working-class ship.  It's a ship made for scientists and explorers so it would be at the VERY top of the line.
when we are talking interiors and different gadgets yes.but cryopods?i think those are pretty standard if you do faster then light.they can't have newer tehnology cryopods 30 years before the first film.

Whos to say the tech in alien was state of the art brand new tech?

With a massive investment they are hardly going to just ditch a ship that size after 30 years. the tech in alien could be 70-100 years old for all we know

Corporal Hicks

And the impression I get with Prommy is that its all brand spanking and state of the art.

Valaquen

The Prometheus ship is meant to be the badass piece of hardware, according to Shadow 19 [which I assume was the progenitor of the Alien prequel, now that Harvest was thankfully debunked]. The Nostromo was a piece of shit vehicle, falling to pieces. I don't mind if the Prometheus ship has tech not seen in Alien, or even tech that seems to out-strip it.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 09:18:05 PM
They've already implemented some of Alien in there.  The room where fassbender is walking in looks pretty old school.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/162b028d8fbacc707c6a_2.jpg

And keep in mind that the Prometheus ship is a different working-class ship than the Nostromo.  I wouldn't even call it a working-class ship.  It's a ship made for scientists and explorers so it would be at the VERY top of the line.

You stick an octagonal table in that middle of that room and have John Hurt's twitching, chestbuster-raped corpse hanging over the edge of it...it would be the Nostromo.

Retro-fitting...it's something Ridley Scott was famous for (in Blade Runner)...in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Nostromo itself was actually a decommisioned, retro-fitted Prometheus [class-ship] (or the actual one, assuming the Prometheus doesn't blow-up at the end of this movie...)

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: maddriver on Aug 03, 2011, 10:27:55 PM
I also remember the Pods from Resurrection (the hijacked ones). They had no goo inside either.
They might be right - they are doing the Event Horizon thing, I'm fine with that.

The thing is that the alien jars seem to have green goo inside. And those people are covered in green goo. So I don't know, it just seems to be the same thing.

You have totally ignored the fact  that Alien Resurrection Set 200 years after Alien 3 and there was no goo in any of the pod's EVER through all 4 installments.Its not fluid in the pods guys its just light.The pods are obviously not as advanced as the ones seen in ALIEN with the Muscle problems and the wheelchairs and all.

nendo

agreed. Tbh i never saw any green goo. All i saw was green light behind some transparent material.

kinda seems like people have got two pics that are unrelated and tried to make a connection.

zuzuki

Quote from: nendo on Aug 04, 2011, 10:11:05 PM
agreed. Tbh i never saw any green goo. All i saw was green light behind some transparent material.

kinda seems like people have got two pics that are unrelated and tried to make a connection.
amen.look at the picture of fassbender with that helmet visor thing on.similar light because of the contrast.but that doesn't mean he has goo inside his visor

Stans

the tecnology of prometheus looks more advanced than the nostromo, the suits, the screens, prometheus is 30 years before the alien events right?

Terx2

Quote from: Stans on Aug 06, 2011, 08:07:06 AM
the tecnology of prometheus looks more advanced than the nostromo, the suits, the screens, prometheus is 30 years before the alien events right?

Prometheus is  years before Alien (I'm not sure how many :-\) and I think the technology on that ship is experimental or super advanced.

Stans

i like the gotic, retro and rudimentary tecnology showed in alien, really i donĀ“t wanna see plasma screens or advanced 3d holograms in a movie which pretends to be a prequel of ALIEN  >:(

Xenorgue

Alien is an old movie, normal that monitor screens are catalytic, if he had been able to make better he would have made the 3D screens with hologram and everything. Regrettably the movie went out in 1979 thus necessarily. Now this movie is of 2011 needs that there are special effects there. Because well if we compare the car of my father has more gadget than the nostromo. ;) But in the movie that can explain by the fact that the equipage which aims at returning ores does not need a great scientific vessel equipped in the point as Prometheus. We thus confided them an old vessel.

nendo

Quote from: Stans on Aug 06, 2011, 08:07:06 AM

yes but it doesn't mean the nostromo is state of the art/modern tech

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed