Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 29, 2023, 05:09:29 AM

AVP Requiem VS The Predator

Alien Vs Predator Requiem
30 (69.8%)
The Predator 2018
13 (30.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author
AVP Requiem VS The Predator (Read 9,075 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Ok everyone, I'm not sure if this has been asked but most likely has. Both of these films are roughly considered the low points of the franchise. However, what is the better film or your personal favorite among these two options, Alien Vs Predator Requiem or Shane Black's The Predator? My opinion: AVP Requiem wasn't perfect, very dark on screen yet had great scenes in my opinion with Wolf. Lots of good action and horror elements and was accurate with the lore.       
      Now The Predator 2018 In my opinion while had good action in some scenes was just terrible from a story and lore stand point which greatly ruined the film for me.

SolusPr!me1313

AVP Requiem was far better in my opinion. Just because I simply can't stand The Predator, Shane Black treated it as a joke.

SM

SM

The Predator. Has more engaging characters and a better cast.

Nightmare Asylum

On one hand, The Predator edges out AVPR in that you can actually see the movie.

On the other hand, AVPR edges out The Predator in that it has the decency to be so dark that you can't even see it.

I'll never watch either one a second time.

Cosmic Incubation

Both are bad, but at least there's some small moments of fun in xenos and predators fighting in Requiem. There also felt like there was at least a little bit of respect for the series, but it just failed miserably.

Shane Black's The Predator felt like it completely didn't understand what works about the previous films, was even embarrassed to be a Predator movie, and set out to make a farce and spit in the face of the series. I hate pretty much everything about it.

I'll take a failure over disrespect for sure.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I'd rather watch Requiem over The Predator.

Stitch

Stitch

AVP:R was crap, but you knew it was going to be.

The Predator was a disappointment.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Both are crap but AVPR had the Silvestri's drum beat at least.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 29, 2023, 10:50:11 PMBoth are bad, but at least there's some small moments of fun in xenos and predators fighting in Requiem.

I'm not sure you could call very much of that fighting. It's mostly Aliens making the shocked Pikachu face while forgetting they have arms, legs or tails, Wolf missing so badly he makes things much worse, or the Predalien refusing to push advantages so Wolf can look cool.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 30, 2023, 06:43:52 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 29, 2023, 10:50:11 PMBoth are bad, but at least there's some small moments of fun in xenos and predators fighting in Requiem.

I'm not sure you could call very much of that fighting. It's mostly Aliens making the shocked Pikachu face while forgetting they have arms, legs or tails, Wolf missing so badly he makes things much worse, or the Predalien refusing to push advantages so Wolf can look cool.
I can definitely agree with this. Though I will say, some of it had  to do with the practical suit actors capabilities to make fights look fast and complex when fighting multiple aliens at once. I can imagine Ian's reaction speed and vision would be hindered quite a bit as well and had multiple xenos coming from every side nearly every fight. Also the directors not directing proper fight choreography was an issue. Also plot armor for Wolf because he was technically the hero character of the film lol. I just kind of suspend my disbelief and try to look at it how it was intended while watching it.

Wweyland

Wweyland

A tough call, but I would go with The Predator. Although the story is a mess, it's at least competently shot and has some memorable characters.

Combining the best things from the 2 movies would get you something serviceable like Wolf being sent instead of Assassin.

littlesprout

Shoot I read the poll wrong and voted the predator as my personal favorite of the two.

I can assure you this is not the case, though.

Both films shared some 'enjoyable' scenes.

I think The Predator does better with the overall cast and how they carry the film.

I think AVPR had better costume designs for the Predators and Aliens. Not great designs but better.

The Predator had some cool scenes but I couldn't get behind the autistic kid reading Predator language, the invisibility cloak being a magic Harry Potter beed, the Predator dogs, a mega Predator who is upgrading himself, the fact that they contemplated putting Predators in US ARMY outfits with machine guns...and that they really had to narrow down the great big finale of how to end the film between Dutch, Ellen Ripley, or that stupid Predator Killer suit being in the box. It should have never made it onto the screen.

SiL

SiL

Of the two I've only rewatched one of them.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: littlesprout on Oct 01, 2023, 07:07:13 PMShoot I read the poll wrong and voted the predator as my personal favorite of the two.

I think The Predator does better with the overall cast and how they carry the film.

I think AVPR had better costume designs for the Predators and Aliens. Not great designs but better.

The Predator had some cool scenes but I couldn't get behind the autistic kid reading Predator language, the invisibility cloak being a magic Harry Potter beed, the Predator dogs, a mega Predator who is upgrading himself, the fact that they contemplated putting Predators in US ARMY outfits with machine guns...and that they really had to narrow down the great big finale of how to end the film between Dutch, Ellen Ripley, or that stupid Predator Killer suit being in the box. It should have never made it onto the screen.

That Newt/Ripley idea is one of the most ridiculous things ever. And they even filmed it! Feels like they just said "f*ck it", let's waste some money.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 02, 2023, 10:32:12 AM
Quote from: littlesprout on Oct 01, 2023, 07:07:13 PMShoot I read the poll wrong and voted the predator as my personal favorite of the two.

That Newt/Ripley idea is one of the most ridiculous things ever. And they even filmed it! Feels like they just said "f*ck it", let's waste some money.
they could've been way more better to Connect the two universe together, like a Ovomorph would have been the Predator killer, I know it's still stupid but it would have made more sense

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed