What we know so far about Predators

Started by xenoguy12, May 31, 2007, 03:06:17 AM

Author
What we know so far about Predators (Read 3,055 times)

xenoguy12

xenoguy12

QuotePredator culture in general is based on the concept of The Hunt. Whereas humans on earth were agrarian, the Predators never stayed in just one place. Their culture revolves around the concept of hunting and stalking prey. Very similar to a pack mentality, the strongest and most efficient member of the Clan is the leader. This alpha male controls the actions of the group.

The Predators appear to value other predatory species as the most challenging targets - this would also explain their preference for hunting humans, another highly successful predatory species. As a rite of passage into adulthood, each young male Predator trained for the hunt (UNBLOODED class) must hunt and kill his first 'ultimate prey' -- these creatures are commonly known to humans as Xenomorphs or Aliens.

Failure in the Trial means death, while success means the Unblooded Predator is marked on the forehead with the acidic blood of a Xenomorph, making them YOUNG BLOOD class. This mark is both a symbol of respect, and a sign of membership of a certain Clan - each mark is unique to a particular Clan, and used only by this group. This symbol may be used to mark and identify a Clan spacecraft as well as ceremonial items, and is usually inscribed on the hunter's helmet in addition to adorning the Young Blood's forehead. Hunters who have held this title for an acceptable length of time are known simply as BLOODED hunters. Young Bloods are full of ambition and pride once they have collected their first trophy - the skull of their kill.

While they may seem ruthless or brutal, the Predator warrior's behavior is actually controlled by a code of ethics. This code appears similar to human warriors codes such as bushido and chivalry in that it promotes bravery, martial skill, and loyalty to the pack. Most Predator will not hunt or attack a creature it considers "weak" or unthreatening. When the Predator encounter their prey pregnant females or young, they spare them, considering it dishonourable to shed the blood of those who cannot defend themselves.

The Predator WARRIOR class are those who adhere to these beliefs and codes. The Warriors become solo hunters that use their high technology and travel the universe to find honourable hunting.

When a member of another species shows a great honour, there has been a mutual respect - but a Warrior would consider this a worthy trophy. The Predator ELDER class are more reasonable. Elders are the greatest Predator that have ever lived - presuambly having survived many hunts - and they consider honoured fighters of other species as respected as their own kin. Elders have often let warriors of other species live after they have proven themselves honoured warriors. This usually only occurs if the subject has killed a Predator or fought alongside in battle. There is also a common practice in these cases to maintain honour, by exchange of trophies on both sides.

What will AVP2 do next with the Predator, Will just have to wait and see.

Note: This info came from Predator the hunted website

ShadowPred

I suggest to be prepared for the NON-CANON HATERS ;D

"whispers" Be careful of Dekapitator ;D

yautja99

QuoteFailure in the Trial means death, while success means the Unblooded Predator is marked on the forehead with the acidic blood of a Xenomorph, making them YOUNG BLOOD class. This mark is both a symbol of respect, and a sign of membership of a certain Clan - each mark is unique to a particular Clan, and used only by this group. This symbol may be used to mark and identify a Clan spacecraft as well as ceremonial items, and is usually inscribed on the hunter's helmet in addition to adorning the Young Blood's forehead. Hunters who have held this title for an acceptable length of time are known simply as BLOODED hunters. Young Bloods are full of ambition and pride once they have collected their first trophy - the skull of their kill.

You see that in AVP ::).

ShadowPred

Quote from: yautja99 on May 31, 2007, 03:13:19 AM
QuoteFailure in the Trial means death, while success means the Unblooded Predator is marked on the forehead with the acidic blood of a Xenomorph, making them YOUNG BLOOD class. This mark is both a symbol of respect, and a sign of membership of a certain Clan - each mark is unique to a particular Clan, and used only by this group. This symbol may be used to mark and identify a Clan spacecraft as well as ceremonial items, and is usually inscribed on the hunter's helmet in addition to adorning the Young Blood's forehead. Hunters who have held this title for an acceptable length of time are known simply as BLOODED hunters. Young Bloods are full of ambition and pride once they have collected their first trophy - the skull of their kill.

You see that in AVP ::).

I know i'm just saying that because some people even think that the Ranks don't even exist

gameoverman

Really, I hate this stuff because it reduces the predators down to the rituals of a primitive tribe.  Thank AVP for ruining the history of the Predators.  Oh, should I call them "Yuatja" now.  ::)

Jungle Hunter

Yea i agree all this ritual bullshit really got my idea of predator culture and everything completely messed i understand the trophy thing i just hate the ritual thing

ShadowPred

i sort of agree with it, mostly because it still relates to the hunting that they do and the honor system, (i remember some site had what the predators follow)

Jungle Hunter

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 31, 2007, 10:38:28 PM
i sort of agree with it, mostly because it still relates to the hunting that they do and the honor system, (i remember some site had what the predators follow)
Yea the follow me and PRASIE ME AS THERE GOD

yautja99

Whats so bad about a rank system?

gameoverman

Quote from: yautja99 on Jun 05, 2007, 05:29:10 PM
Whats so bad about a rank system?

Because it's based off the human desire to categorise everything.  There is no evidence at all in the movies for a ranking system (even the elder in P2 did not appear to be a leader).

Maybe predators have no heirarchy.  Maybe most of them hunt by themselves.

I don't even want to discuss AVP because that whole thing with the elder wearing a cape was retarded.

xenoguy12

xenoguy12

Are you that mad about that Idea in AVP ???

gameoverman

Quote from: xenoguy12 on Jun 06, 2007, 05:50:15 PM
Are you that mad about that Idea in AVP ???

Yeah, I mean a cape????  C'mon, now...  ::)

xenoguy12

xenoguy12

Oh come on an Elder Predator as a leader is not so bad >:(

gameoverman

Quote from: xenoguy12 on Jun 06, 2007, 10:51:43 PM
Oh come on an Elder Predator as a leader is not so bad >:(

Yes, but he was wearing a cape like he was some kind of royalty.  That and the rituals bit I didn't like about AVP.

xenoguy12

xenoguy12

QuoteYes, but he was wearing a cape like he was some kind of royalty.  That and the rituals bit I didn't like about AVP.

Atleast we know their are other Predator clans

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed