Colin and Greg VS. Predator 3

Started by Jungle Hunter, May 29, 2007, 04:14:46 PM

Author
Colin and Greg VS. Predator 3 (Read 3,929 times)

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

Supposing AvP2 is a success will the Strause Brothers be up for another hard working project as predator 3 if it comes into the minds of Fox?

Tuned the question up simple and will not be as confusing as the last one:P

Johnny Handsome

Maybe you should ask that colin, but atleast i hope they would do it ;)

Its Game Time

As long as Avp 2 turns out really great, i wouldnt mind them doing a pred 3.

Uncanny Antman

If AvP2 is good, then I guess so.  If no one else is interested.  :)

If it sucks donkey balls, then no.  Obviously.

SM

SM

QuoteIf no one else is interested.

Like the audience.

Honestly I don't think there's enough audience to sustain another Alien or Predator film.  There'll be barely enough to support AvP2 after the disappointment of AvP.  It's difficult to make these films on the cheap.  Anderson did a pretty decent job in that regard by filming in Prague, but they're still pricey and as long as AvP keeps turning a profit, they'll keep churning out AvPs.

Jungle Hunter

So what your saying predator and alien series are over and its AvP's turn to shine?

Uncanny Antman

"Turn to shine"  ...you're right, it's funny when you just say it out loud.  **snicker**

It's more a case of a slippery slope that you can't climb back up.  There's probably no going back now.  :(

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 30, 2007, 01:31:15 PM
"Turn to shine"  ...you're right, it's funny when you just say it out loud.  **snicker*

Might that be 'cause the usual saying is "time to shine?"  :P

I think it would be possible. If AvP2 is good and manages to restore some faith, seperate films might be possible. But I do think we're getting a head of ourselves here.

Jungle Hunter

I dont think i no we are getting ahead of ourselves

SM

SM

QuoteSo what your saying predator and alien series are over and its AvP's turn to shine?

I'm not seeing any 'shining'.

Essentially what Antman was saying, it's a slippery slope into lowest common denominator mediocrity.  But it turns a profit so it makes good business sense.

gameoverman

gameoverman

A whole generation now only knows Alien VS Predator.  If you make a standalone Alien film, the audience are going to be wondering; "where the f### is the predator?".  Ditto for a standalone Predator film, in reverse.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 01, 2007, 03:57:19 AM
A whole generation now only knows Alien VS Predator. 

That's not remotely true.  Alien 1-4 and Pred 1 & 2 got huge pushes on DVD in the time leading up to AvP, and most people are aware that AvP was a spin on the two franchises.

People who have never heard of either are clearly missing a chromosome or two, so I have no time to waste on them anyway.  They should have no bearing on the future of the franchise.

dudelove

dudelove

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 01, 2007, 04:03:25 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 01, 2007, 03:57:19 AM
A whole generation now only knows Alien VS Predator. 
That's not remotely true.  Alien 1-4 and Pred 1 & 2 got huge pushes on DVD in the time leading up to AvP, and most people are aware that AvP was a spin on the two franchises.

In 2004, a person I work with asked me if I'd seen AvP. "I said yes, but I didn't like it. The original Predator was better". He stared at me for a full minute and said "There's an original Predator?"

What seperates him from other kids? Nothng. A whole generation does only know Alien vs. Predator.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: dudelove on Jun 01, 2007, 04:13:40 AM
A whole generation does only know Alien vs. Predator.

A whole generation?  Every single person born within a certain age group has never heard of Alien or Predator?  A definitive statement, based on one co-worker...unasailable proof that I am incorrect.

How can I argue with that?

dudelove

dudelove

Do you think he's the only one? The guy was like 13. I've asked others much to the same result, some thought it was strictly an adaptation of the AvP video games. Those are the kind of people Fox marketed the first AvP to. 13 year olds who wanted a generic action movie. The same crowd who wont give a crap if they make a strictly Alien or Predator movie because it wont adhere to the more/bigger is better attitude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed