Started by Dachande, May 14, 2007, 09:34:35 PM

Author
Attn: UKers (Read 1,787 times)

Dachande

Dachande

Predator is on ITV tonight at 11....or 11:15 one of the 2

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I watched it up until Hawkins was killed and then fell asleep. I can't believe how badly cut it was. There were no skinned bodies. The hostage being shot was taken out as well.

SiL

SiL

The only time I ever saw a movie having been edited for TV, here, was []iEnd of Days[/i] where they removed Arnie putting the gun to his head.

SM

SM

They used to do it all the time.  The original broadcast version of Aliens - SE has all these nifty extra scenes (well they were in 1992) but all the f words cut (except they missed Drakes "MUTHAf**kERS!!!" just before he runs out of ammo).

The TV version of Mad Max 2 was actually an American broadcast version which had anything vaguely graphic cut and a different voiceover at the start.  After watching it incessently during my teens, I was gobsmacked at all the violence when I got it on DVD!

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^And that replacement voice over was done by Gus Mecurio. 

"Hey sports fans, have I got a deal for you..."

SM

SM

Well bugger me it was and all!  Never knew that but now that you mention it, dunno how I missed it.  For years I thought that was the original voice over.  To be honest I preferred Gus to Harold Baigent.

Either way at least the Feral Kid finally learned how to talk.  :)

Dachande

Dachande

A:R was also on, on one of the Sky Movies channels as well, although i missed most of it, and cant tell whether any was cut and whatnot...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed