Predator Vision Modes

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:39:10 AM

Author
Predator Vision Modes (Read 14,106 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I'm wondering if anybody can tell me the names of the vision modes the predator uses in the meat locker in Predator 2.

The predator switches through 4 vision modes. The first I'm guessing is thermal/heat vision but what's the rest?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think the last one is UV Mode.  ???

Darkness

Darkness

I did a little research on these vision modes when I was writing the Predator Weapon pages. The first must be a form of heat vision since the lamps are highlighted. The second detects metal objects a lot clearer. The third is possibly radiation. The fourth, I think is UV.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Maybe the first is a specific heat vision one then. I don't remember, but maybe the Pred's have visions which cover all the parts of the electromagnetic spectrum and the first is just one that covers light or something.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Would a couple of the visor displays in AVP qualty as x-ray and MRI?

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I don't know what the orange one is, someone probably just messed with the white balance and rgb color spectrums on their cameras until they got something that looked cool.

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

I think in the Peter Briggs AvP script he has infra-red, ultra-violet and enhanced motion-tracking. Not sure about the forth one...

Newsfop

Newsfop

I don't know if it's authentic MRI, but I know that's what's used in hospitals to look specifically at organs. It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it.

The visor that views the aliens . . . is that x-ray? I don't remember if Lex was in frame when Scar changed his vision to look at the aliens on the ceiling. If she was, it should have shown her skeleton.

praetorian101

praetorian101

there are different vision modes in every movie with a predator
wtf is up with that?

Newsfop

Newsfop

You've got several years between entries. I guess they figure style over continuity reigns.  ::)

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

or perhaps the first didn't need to use his other visions to find marines, and both of those Predators didn't need to use the alien vision on humans.

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Well they do have x-ray because in P2 it sees that whatserface is pregnant and then in the AVP it sees the alien embryo and takes a good peak into Weyland.

Katarn

Katarn

Quote from: Newsfop on Jan 27, 2007, 01:11:57 PM
The visor that views the aliens . . . is that x-ray? I don't remember if Lex was in frame when Scar changed his vision to look at the aliens on the ceiling. If she was, it should have shown her skeleton.

No, Lex was behind him the whole time. Why would she go and stand between the Aliens and a plasmacannon?  :D

Dingo

Dingo

From what I know and read the vision in AVP where the alein is highlighted is just called Alien vision. Apparently the aleins do not show up in any other form of the Predator visions so a specific vision was made to find them. If you look in the beginning of the unrated version where you have the little 1904 part where the whaler is running around and fianlly comes to rest at a sitting down next to a counter and the Pedator walks in, It is in thermal or heat vision and off to the side you can see some movement but can't make it out but you can clearly see the whaler. The predator changes visions and for the one second of the end of that scene the Alien is clearly highlighted but everything around it has become very faint and hard to make out. And for the other for visions I think the Darkness is right. It's regular thermal/heat vision, metal objects, radiation, and then UV.

RayKai747

RayKai747

In normal AVP2 the game
predator has three visions
blue is heat for locking on to humans
red is for seeing and locking on to aliens
and white is for locking on and seeing invisble predators :) :) :) :)
8)
forget to mention the fourth one is just normal colour vision that what humans see

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed