Bad News for AVP 2

Started by ZombieSlayer909, May 13, 2007, 05:45:25 AM

Author
Bad News for AVP 2 (Read 3,419 times)

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Well I gots some bad news.

I work for my uncle alot, he owns a comic/card/toy store. Well when he orders his Mcfarlane wholesale he has a rep.

Well he asked that rep about AVP 2 and he said that Mcfarlane was not planning on doing figures. The only reason why was because he said that they thought they had done the characters/series enough and weren't planning on doing them.   :'(

Note: He didn't say he didn't know. He said they weren't planning on doing so. With a license that big it's either yes or no.

As for my 2 cents I think the biggest reasons are:

1. They lost alot of money with AVP Series 2. Miniature playsets? Bad idea.
2. The rights are just too damn expensive.

I'm not God and don't know if this is for 110% certain but this is how it stands now and well it doesn't look so good.

SiL

SiL

Lost money on them? I could never find them cos they kept getting sold out!

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

You might be right, but God knows.. I wish you're wrong!  :'(

I thought McF was just keeping the "good news" under wraps. Just like everything else about AVP2. It seems no one is allowed to mention (whispers) "AVP2" out loud.

Notice no other company has said anything either.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not like there'd be a lot to do with an AvP2 series. The new Alien and the Predator...that's about it.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2007, 07:33:09 AM
It's not like there'd be a lot to do with an AvP2 series. The new Alien and the Predator...that's about it.

You forgot about the awesome cast!  ::)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

I don't know if it can be considered 'bad news'.  So long as SOMEONE makes fun little toys to play with, fans will probably buy.

*sigh* I miss the days when they would release multiple versions of the same character with special little gimmicks, wish they would do it for this movie like "Holotech Predator w/ disappear/reappear transparent skin!", "Hotshot Predator w/ Laser-sight helmet and firing plasma cannon!", and "Ravage Predatore w/ removable armor and acid-burn skin!".  Oh, and of course they would have the little extending wrist blades ^_^

Do the same sort of variety for the lead human and an Alien and voila! 

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

I'd pass on them if they had any gimmicks.  >:(

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

^_^ Yay, more for me! (don't get me wrong, I loved McFarlane's detailed figures and diaorama sets, but they only allow for so much when you're smacking them against one another)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

I don't "play" with my collection.
So, IMO they can be as stiff as a door-nail.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on May 13, 2007, 07:41:05 PM
^_^ Yay, more for me! (don't get me wrong, I loved McFarlane's detailed figures and diaorama sets, but they only allow for so much when you're smacking them against one another)

LOL i would be doing that if had the toys...god i'm still a child on the inside ;D

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

McFarlane...meh.   :-\

I'll look forward to Sideshow or Hot Toys doing AvP2 stuff. [fingers crossed]

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

wow this is just deepresing....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed