The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 386,317 times)

FiorinaFury161

I heart Target

And Whole Foods Market ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Much as I talk about Wally World, I rarely ever shop there. Maybe 2-3 times a year. I actually stay local. There's a family owned grocery in town that I've used all my life, although they did finally get bought up about 10 years ago. But the family still runs the place. And we're getting a farmer's market this summer I believe. And of course, there's still plenty of moonshine making the rounds, if that's your thing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on May 25, 2018, 05:21:12 PM
Just bought these two issues of Starlog off eBay.

http://i64.tinypic.com/27wr8xw.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ag29ae.jpg

Is it Starlog that's entire backlog is available online?

Caught up with The Expanse over the weekend and finally took the plunge and brought the first book!

Also just ordered my APC for AvP The Hunt Begins.  ;D

KiramidHead

Finally bought the Marvel Knights Punisher Omnibus as well as the new trade paperback for Punisher: The Platoon.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 29, 2018, 08:15:22 AM

Is it Starlog that's entire backlog is available online?

I think so yes.  I  could just download them but I prefer physical copies to add to the collection  :)

Baron Von Marlon

Saw this on the local second hand site and thought it might interest some of you.

Alien: Covenant
-small notebook
-cap
-t-shirt size medium
-cell phone cover/pocket (stick on)
-key chain/bottle opener

40 euro for the lot, buying items seperately possible.

https://www.2dehands.be/verzamelen/film-strip-tv/overig/alien-merchandise-406043461.html

Not much else on the site.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 01, 2018, 01:42:10 AM
Saw this on the local second hand site and thought it might interest some of you.

Alien: Covenant
-small notebook
-cap
-t-shirt size medium
-cell phone cover/pocket (stick on)
-key chain/bottle opener

40 euro for the lot, buying items seperately possible.

https://www.2dehands.be/verzamelen/film-strip-tv/overig/alien-merchandise-406043461.html

Not much else on the site.

Neat stuff. The only swag I bought from Covenant was the imax ticket.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I nabbed one of the bottle openers from an Alien Day event I went to last year. It's actually a pretty nice piece.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Jago and Litefoot Series 2 and 3 from Big Finish

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Gucci - limited edition floral box (needed somewhere to put my new hats)

To think the other on eBay has a $150 asking price (got mine for a fifth of that price)

via Bergdorf Goodman:

Gucci - Dragon embroidered lamb skin leather  gloves with cashmere lining (gift wrapped for the holidays in purple BG box)

For those who didn't know, I buy all my holiday presents throughout the year and save them til then. I still get some stuff during the holiday season, it's just that the deals are better through the year than just the holiday season.These gloves perfectly match the hat (previous page) and are going to look AMAZE together. Now that I am officially done, I can focus on my family's gifts until the holidays arrive.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 01, 2018, 05:13:00 PM
Gucci - limited edition floral box (needed somewhere to put my new hats)

To think the other on eBay has a $150 asking price (got mine for a fifth of that price)

via Bergdorf Goodman:

Gucci - Dragon embroidered lamb skin leather  gloves with cashmere lining (gift wrapped for the holidays in purple BG box)

https://images.bergdorfgoodman.com/ca/1/product_assets/N/4/V/7/1/BGN4V71_ag.jpg

For those who didn't know, I buy all my holiday presents throughout the year and save them til then. I still get some stuff during the holiday season, it's just that the deals are better through the year than just the holiday season.These gloves perfectly match the hat (previous page) and are going to look AMAZE together. Now that I am officially done, I can focus on my family's gifts until the holidays arrive.

Am I right to assume you got a big collection by now?

I finally ordered a bunch of clothes since regular stores don't have decent stock and or often more expensive too.
Probably gonna try ordering through official sites in the future as I'm still searching for certain items general online stores don't have.
Still searching for a black velour Fila jacket. Did find it cheap on a US Walmart site  :-\

KiramidHead

I bought some of the old non-canon Star Wars books on Amazon. The Crispin Han Solo trilogy, and the Han Solo and Lando Calrissian Adventures books.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 02, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

Am I right to assume you got a big collection by now?

I finally ordered a bunch of clothes since regular stores don't have decent stock and or often more expensive too.
Probably gonna try ordering through official sites in the future as I'm still searching for certain items general online stores don't have.
Still searching for a black velour Fila jacket. Did find it cheap on a US Walmart site  :-\
While my favorite designer is Giorgio Armani, I think I have the most overall items belonging to Givenchy. While I now officially have a full Gucci outfit (hat, sunglasses, Tshirt, zip sweatshirt, Japanese denim pants, canvas/leather belt, keychain, socks and shoes), I can say that Givenchy and GA have far better quality materials, craftsmanship, and overall appeal imo. However, I will say that the Gucci Dragon velvet hat is just out of this world quality (and can't wait to open it for Christmas LOL)  and the Floral jacquard hat is also damnazing quality. Gucci certainly has street cred and fashion kingmanship, but it seems like anyone can buy a pair of Gucci shoes for $700 and say "Oh yeah, I love Gucci.", but that is all they got for Gucci, and can not see the quality in the overall luxury designer lines of apparel. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I certainly do not speak for everyone in the luxury fashion world. Not many people can say they have an entire outfit of a certain designer either (guess I am extremely lucky to have that for multiple designers). To each their own. Some people are ecstatic for a new pair of jeans and shoes from Target, while other gotta have Jordan for their entire outfit. And that is OKAY! You spend your money how you want, and I will spend mine the way I want.

Edit: here is the other Dragon color variation on the official Gucci website if you want to check it out:

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/mens-accessories/mens-hats-gloves/velvet-hat-with-dragon--p-4789484HB894868?position=16&listName=PGUS4Cols&categoryPath=Men/Mens-Accessories/Mens-Hats-Gloves

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Been after this one for ages; it has some exclusive stuff not found in the bigger boxset, but was seemingly only ever released in North America, hence why it's such a pain to get here in little ol' Blighty.

I swear to god I heard the voice of Archer during the blooper reel. I don't remember H. Jon Benjamin being in the game, I'll have to check out the voice acting credits.

Baron Von Marlon

My order came in. Had to send everything back because the sizes didn't fit. I hate it that sizes keep changing. This was the first time an XL sweater didn't fit. The only thing that was good was this. Also a size larger than I usually have.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 05, 2018, 03:09:05 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61BD9YATA7L.jpg

Been after this one for ages; it has some exclusive stuff not found in the bigger boxset, but was seemingly only ever released in North America, hence why it's such a pain to get here in little ol' Blighty.

I swear to god I heard the voice of Archer during the blooper reel. I don't remember H. Jon Benjamin being in the game, I'll have to check out the voice acting credits.

I feel bad I didn't download all the channels back in the day. Some rips were directly from the game and included all the commercials.
Good stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed