The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 386,250 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2017, 08:22:28 AM
Ooohhh. Very nice! Let us know if you see any new Prometheus or Covie artwork in there!

Read it today. No Alien related drawings. Mostly, if not all, drawings he did in his spare time for his own pleasure.
One did remind me a lot of Prometheus. It were two big bald guys fusing together and it looked a lot like the Engineer vs the squid-facehugger.
And there are a bunch of others featuring those bald guys mixed with religious influences. Those too had a bit of an Engineer vibe to it.
Anyway, amazing stuff. The man's really operating on the next level. I hope he gets to do an entire movie at some point.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not really something I bought, but my girlfriend got me Def Leppard's big Hysteria 30th anniversary box set for my birthday.

A lot of brilliant albums turned 30 this year!

FenGiddel

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 04, 2017, 03:25:19 PM
Not really something I bought, but my girlfriend got me Def Leppard's big Hysteria 30th anniversary box set for my birthday.

A lot of brilliant albums turned 30 this year!
Great album! I wore grooves in the LP rockin' to those tunes. BTW: that girl's a keeper!  :)

Corporal Hicks

Not normally my kind of thing but I saw this on WYB (image robbed from there) and just had to buy it. Shipping cost more than the actual pin. lol

https://mondotees.com/collections/pins/products/alien-1

Whiskeybrewer

The updated version of The Greatest Sci-fi Movies never made, with two extra chapters

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 07, 2017, 11:58:59 AM

Not normally my kind of thing but I saw this on WYB (image robbed from there) and just had to buy it. Shipping cost more than the actual pin. lol

https://mondotees.com/collections/pins/products/alien-1

That is an awesome find!  Pins are perfect for cubicle décor, if your lucky enough to be stuck in one of those all day. 

JokersWarPig

about $100 worth of star wars toys for my little brothers Christmas gifts.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

Bought blu-rays of Psycho II and The Phantom of the Opera (1925), as well as a couple of scripts on eBay. Also, I put a certain HBO miniseries on my Christmas list. ;D

PVTDukeMorrison

My third Lee Enfield Rifle, an SMLE No.1 Mk. III, made by the Birmingham Small Arms Company in 1918, very likely saw use in the last few months of the war with the British army if the serial numbers are anything to go by.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Alien: Isolation for the third time, because it's apparently cheaper to buy the complete game bundle on the PlayStation store than it is to get all the DLC separately.

Corporal Hicks

Given up on trying to find this in person and ordered online.

Prez

Prez

A few Blurays but notably finally `upgraded' my DVD 2 Disc Special Edition of Predator to the Ultimate Hunter Bluray Edition.

I heard so much about the fabled DNR issues and after listening to a recent AVPG podcast discussing it, I thought I'll take the plunge. Got it for $AUD10!!!

The obvious DNR issues in the first 5 minutes (Carl Weather's plasticine face) aside it's a great purchase.

Though I wish they'd give this one the Scream or Arrow treatment like they did on The Thing restorations.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah! I really don't think the DNR is as bad as people would lead you to believe. Other than a few dodgy shots of Weather's face in the opening sequence, it looks great!

Whiskeybrewer

Thunder - Christmas Day

CD SINGLE, 7" Vinyl, 10" Blue Vinyl

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Dec 13, 2017, 11:27:04 AMA few Blurays but notably finally `upgraded' my DVD 2 Disc Special Edition of Predator to the Ultimate Hunter Bluray Edition.

I really need to upgrade the first two Predator films to Blu. Glad to hear the DNR issue with the first isn't as bad as it was made out to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed