The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 386,245 times)

Whiskeybrewer

So the rest is in order, but they couldn't do the first two right? lol makes me laugh. Ill remember that when I read it :)

Mustangjeff

Clearaudio Concept Turntable.  Been saving for a bit. 

FiorinaFury161

^ :puppy eyes: :P

Today I received a 3 pound bag of paydirt from the Nome, Alaska area. Time to do some panning (before winter jumps in)!

Corporal Hicks

The one Predator book I never read.

FiorinaFury161

^ Sounds like an interesting story (from the cover description)!

Found my Xmas gift, from Israel:

A one-of-a-kind Roman glass/sterling silver pendant

For those not in the know, Roman glass is exactly what it sounds. The glass was in the ground for over 2,000 years and due to the minerals in the dirt, the glass picks up the changes and then drastically changes it's original appearance from 2,000 years in the ground. No piece of glass is similar, so each piece presents its own uniqueness. Some don't change much, while others explode in different colors, like this one!

I have been looking for a really unique one and found it! Really reminds me of a galaxy cluster surrounded by more galaxies and gases. This one of a kind work of art blew me away on first glance and measures at only 2 inches. I paid a good bit for it, however, I did get for half off original price!

I also ordered this for Xmas for mums:

Also got this for almost half off original price. I own some Romero Gurman pendants from almost ten years ago (when they were not well known) and now I see their works have skyrocketed in value and appreciation as one of the world's greatest dichroic glass artists. Here is one their finest, rarest, most expensive works:

For those curious, it costs 15,000$ ! :o

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 04, 2015, 01:47:40 AM
^ Sounds like an interesting story (from the cover description)!

I can't really remember the comic so I'll find out soon enough! lol

Those really look love Fury. I'm sure your mum will love it. That last one is gorgeous!

Whiskeybrewer

Meat Loaf : Bat Out of Hell - Live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. CD/DVD Version

Corporal Hicks

Urgh. Christmas shopping. Too much stuff has been brought today.

FiorinaFury161

Really lucked out yesterday and got the last one... :D

The crystal glasses are beautiful, the scotch perfect (as always), together they are an elegant, sophisticated, gentleman's drink. Merry Christmas to me!

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 25, 2015, 01:38:49 PM
Really lucked out yesterday and got the last one... :D

https://scotchwhiskyeurope.s3.amazonaws.com/products/13394-large.jpg

The crystal glasses are beautiful, the scotch perfect (as always), together they are an elegant, sophisticated, gentleman's drink. Merry Christmas to me!

Damn that makes me thirsty lol. Enjoy it. Maybe share a glass with your guy :)

Novak 1334

Aliens vs Predator: Gold Edition

Picked it up for 50p in my local CEX.  Installed on my laptop.  One of the first games I ever bought after playing the demo from PC Magazine.  Once I'm done writing at midnight I will be sat in the dark, headphones in, playing through on of my all time favourite games

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 25, 2015, 01:44:58 PM
Maybe share a glass with your guy :)
Alas, he does not like to drink. Technically neither do I, but I have very expensive taste, so that is another good thing I suppose.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Dec 27, 2015, 06:24:35 PM
Aliens vs Predator: Gold Edition

Picked it up for 50p in my local CEX.  Installed on my laptop.  One of the first games I ever bought after playing the demo from PC Magazine.  Once I'm done writing at midnight I will be sat in the dark, headphones in, playing through on of my all time favourite games
Nice!

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 27, 2015, 06:59:03 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 25, 2015, 01:44:58 PM
Maybe share a glass with your guy :)
Alas, he does not like to drink. Technically neither do I, but I have very expensive taste, so that is another good thing I suppose.

Ah that's a shame, well as long as it doesn't go to waste ;)

Last things I brought were
ShineDown : Sounds of Madness (2 disc Special Edition)
Sting : Symphonicity

Shocker by Wes Craven on DVD
and
Heavy Metal ( The Animated film from 1981/82)

Novak 1334

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2015, 12:29:37 PM

The one Predator book I never read.

I haven't read that either.  Any good?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed