Alien Covenant or Alien Isolation?

Started by aliens13, Mar 28, 2024, 09:13:51 PM

Author
Alien Covenant or Alien Isolation? (Read 438 times)

aliens13

aliens13

I'm thinking in buying one of those books, I really love Isolation and Covenant. I have The Art of Prometheus book and it's really awesome so I decided buy one of those. Which one do you recommend me most? Or which one do you think is it better?

SM

SM

I'm guessing you mean art books and not novelisations. Depends on whether you like or Isolation more I suppose.

Covenant is more curated in that you only get stuff closely tied to what ended up on screen and there's nothing much about early script drafts.

aliens13

Quote from: SM on Mar 28, 2024, 09:15:54 PMI'm guessing you mean art books and not novelisations. Depends on whether you like or Isolation more I suppose.

Covenant is more curated in that you only get stuff closely tied to what ended up on screen and there's nothing much about early script drafts.
Yes, sorry I was meaning about The Art of Books 😅 and the Isolation one? Is it good?

SM

SM

I don't have it.  I have a short PDF they put online, but not the full hardcopy. It looked pretty nice though.

E. Shaw

Isolation. Video game art books are great.

BlueMarsalis79

I vote for Isolation, lines up nicely with the Prometheus book also.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I have the Covenant one, pretty decent book but not exactly as involved as I would have liked it to be. Works better as a companion book alongside the David's Drawings book, but even then, I wish there was another volume out there that collected more of the very early concepts.

From everything I've heard, the Isolation one is much more comprehensive. I need to grab that one soon.

Wweyland

Was hoping this is about the movie vs game, or novelization comparison.
Fede Alvarez probably took some queues from the Isolation art book.
I don't personally have it, I have missed most of the art books.
I do have David's Drawings, it's more "in-universe".

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 30, 2024, 09:12:13 AMFede Alvarez probably took some queues from the Isolation art book.

He most definitely did. It's on his bookshelf!

Wweyland

No Cold Forge though. Is Berserker part of the "The Original Years"?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 30, 2024, 12:48:57 PMIs Berserker part of the "The Original Years"?

Not until volume 3, from the looks of it.

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 30, 2024, 03:49:15 AMI have the Covenant one, pretty decent book but not exactly as involved as I would have liked it to be. Works better as a companion book alongside the David's Drawings book, but even then, I wish there was another volume out there that collected more of the very early concepts.

From everything I've heard, the Isolation one is much more comprehensive. I need to grab that one soon.
So looks like it will be the Isolation one. For what I have seen it's not an so expensive book. Thanks everyone  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 30, 2024, 12:22:19 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 30, 2024, 09:12:13 AMFede Alvarez probably took some queues from the Isolation art book.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyZYKwPPeZX/

That's a nerd bookshelf if I ever saw one

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 30, 2024, 09:12:13 AMWas hoping this is about the movie vs game, or novelization comparison.

Covenant novelisation wins easily IMHO. Only good parts of Isolation novelisation had nothing to do with game's actual plot

Isolation novelisation: *exists*

Me:

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 30, 2024, 12:22:19 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyZYKwPPeZX/

They look beautiful!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed