AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,083 times)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Heh heh heh.

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

AVP is fun. The suits are good and the cinematography and editing are nice and quick paced. Far from a great film, but entertaining none the less. AVP:R, on the other hand, is a friggin' disaster. I bought it for completion purposes, but it is easily the low point of all three franchises. 

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: MykeHavoc on Dec 24, 2010, 03:39:31 AM
AVP is fun. The suits are good and the cinematography and editing are nice and quick paced. Far from a great film, but entertaining none the less. AVP:R, on the other hand, is a friggin' disaster. I bought it for completion purposes, but it is easily the low point of all three franchises.

Did you completly miss the Predator part of Alien vs Predator?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He didn't. Did you? :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: DJ Pu55yface on Dec 25, 2010, 05:30:28 AM

With you on this one. I hate teh fat Predz.

Ghostface

Ghostface

The Preds looked fatter in some shots due to having short actors in a suit creature for a tall actor. This squished it all together making them wider. Coupled with the larger sized suits to begin with and you've got a bunch of teen preds that need to get out more and off thems damned computer games.

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

Yeah, I had no issue with them. Sure, they should've used taller actors, but having short Predators doesn't ruin the fun of it for me. I'm far less picky on the aesthetics of things then most fans. So long as minimal CG is used, I'm happy. I don't even have the "rubber monster" issues some seem to have with AVP:R; my gripe is it's a terrible film. :P

And this poll being as close as it is is strange and upsetting :P

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: MykeHavoc on Dec 26, 2010, 08:29:58 AM

Yeah, I had no issue with them. Sure, they should've used taller actors, but having short Predators doesn't ruin the fun of it for me. I'm far less picky on the aesthetics of things then most fans. So long as minimal CG is used, I'm happy. I don't even have the "rubber monster" issues some seem to have with AVP:R; my gripe is it's a terrible film. :P

I think people who voted AVP: Rectum didnt vote for the story, acting, directing, look and logic of the movie (lack of it I mean) or anything else, but purely on Wolf

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 26, 2010, 11:43:34 AM

I think people who voted AVP: Rectum didnt vote for the story, acting, directing and logic of the movie (lack of it I mean) or anything else, but purely on Wolf
No i voted for the half naked strip tease pool shot.  :P

I really don't know why I voted for AVP R over AVP, i do know it wasn't for wolf or the retarded aliens.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think people who voted AVP: Rectum didnt vote for the story, acting, directing, look and logic of the movie (lack of it I mean) or anything else, but purely on Wolf
Gore, too. Someone was deluded, all like OMG NO AVP IS PG13URZ AVPR IS MUCH BETTAH COS IT HAS GOAR!!!11!1!1!.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 26, 2010, 11:55:58 AM
Gore, too. Someone was deluded, all like OMG NO AVP IS PG13URZ AVPR IS MUCH BETTAH COS IT HAS GOAR!!!11!1!1!.
Yeah, which is an approach I will never understand. Alien without a drop of blood wouldnt change anything and wouldnt become a lesser movie

As for the ass shot, it makes me uncomfortable since Im way too old for High School girls and Im not a pedophile. That shot (among many other things) makes it clear what the targeted age of the audience was

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Exactly. It would be a masterpiece even if the Chestbursting had one quarter of the blood it had.
AvPR felt all like a teenage horror film on the lines of Slasher flicks, and the pool scene is just another way to prove it.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Another thing about the gore is that in this movie is cartoony and for me personally, doesnt feel like gore at all. Some people are repulsed by the bellybursting but I dont find the movie that gory tho because the gore is done with cheap, very obvious CG so for me its like a video game violence. I turn my head from the screen sometimes during REAL gore, for example when theyre doin Cain operation in Robocop 2 cutting his skull and taking it off, as I dont realy like to stare at the excessive gore, but the gore of AVP:R is like nothing - its like a drawn, cartoon gore. Makes no effect on me whatsoever because of its obvious animation, its like watching gore from Doom game, its so obviously fake and not physical but animated

Mus

Mus

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 26, 2010, 12:28:53 PM
As for the ass shot, it makes me uncomfortable since Im way too old for High School girls and Im not a pedophile. That shot (among many other things) makes it clear what the targeted age of the audience was

Eh, that broad was like 23 during filming.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I vote Requiem because it was more entertaining. Stupid movie, but dumb fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed