Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,826 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2010, 09:05:06 AM
They like wailing on things they know are physically weaker than them.

'Cept Aliens.

Requiem28

Requiem28

the more i think of it, AVP did have a more frightening picture quality to it than AVP-R.  the enviroment in AVP was just creepy.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Except didn't have a score that was creepy enough to match.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Some bits do give the chills. Like the one you hear when Gridalien sprays its acid bloods through the tail.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2010, 06:20:22 AM
Expecting a Predator to be a martial arts expert makes as much sense as expecting a human hunter to be an expert at kung fu.

I don't mean a martial artists. That's just dumb. But at least some basic boxing would make a little sense. That's not unreasonable. Even the average joe knows how to throw a punch, usually.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Maybe in the old days.  Now all they can throw are tantrums.

Jody=Geek

Jody=Geek

I like avp alien vs. predator more than avpr alien vs. predator: requiem.
I think both movies are great. Avp had a better story, A-list actors and a bigger scale. Avpr had more blood, music and sound effects like the alien and predator movies and predalien (the predalien is a great hybrid. Better than the newborn in alien resurrection). I think the best thing about avp is a-list actors and actresses. I think the best thing about avpr is r rating.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 17, 2010, 08:37:35 AM
Maybe in the old days.  Now all they can throw are tantrums.

Well if they're drunk, yeah.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

If they were drunk, they'd probably have a better shot at it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Jody=Geek on Jul 18, 2010, 02:48:10 AM
(the predalien is a great hybrid. Better than the newborn in alien resurrection)
...Except it is simply an Alien that came out of a Predator, as opposed to the newborn who is really a hybrid.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

It's called a hybrid to emphasize the combining of two semi-historic movie monsters.  And because Predalien sounds like shit.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I find the other way around really.
If they call the predalien a hybrid then they should call all Aliens hybrids. But they do not.

JP9667

JP9667

I think avp-r was better because it had more of an open enviroment and more places the predator can hunt. I didnt really like the fact that there as no queen in the movie but i still liked how more and more aliens were over-running the town. I thought one cool part was when the survivors grouped up in one big crowd with weapons and held of there.
Spoiler
I hate that they all died because of the bomb. i liked the sheriff
[close]
:-\

#6.0

#6.0

PREDATORS :D :D

Jody=Geek

Jody=Geek

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 18, 2010, 09:07:35 AM
Quote from: Jody=Geek on Jul 18, 2010, 02:48:10 AM
(the predalien is a great hybrid. Better than the newborn in alien resurrection)
...Except it is simply an Alien that came out of a Predator, as opposed to the newborn who is really a hybrid.
Yes, I know. The predalien is more alien than predator. Predators are aliens, so it's still an alien. A hybrid of two species. I really dont understand why you quote me with your post. If you combine the DNA of any species, it will become a hybrid. Here's a link I found to information about the newborn http://www.anchorpointessays.com/newborn.html
I also found some information about the predalien http://www.predalien.com/
This is why I like the alien films so much. I like the science of it. The anatomy and the DNA of aliens are very interesting to me. I wish the predator movies had more science involved. The predalien was naturally DNA combined. The newborn went through the same process, but it's DNA was gentically enhanced by the scientist in alien resurrection. Alien 4 went far with scientific evolution, but I found it extremely interesting combining alien and human DNA. I think combining alien and predator DNA is more interestng. I also like the process and results of combining warm blood DNA with cold blood DNA. I like the newborn. I think the predalien looks more interestng.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed