Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,094 times)

SiL

SiL

Pretty much.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: StealthHunter on Jul 14, 2010, 10:37:44 PM
And besides, I think if an Alien was shown using anything resembling technique it would look pretty f**king ridiculous.

I can imagine an Alien being wily enough to stay just outside of an enemy's range, looking for a chance to make a serpent-like strike with it's tail or claws.  It all depends on execution.  AVP had a good idea with Grid's parrying Celt, but it wasn't executed well.  Like DoomRulz said, they didn't move around enough.

Quote from: StealthHunter on Jul 15, 2010, 04:04:44 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2010, 11:09:52 PM
The Predator should have been showing technique. And he didn't. And in a real brawl, you'd best be moving if you don't what your ass kicked. Neither creature did that.

Did you happen to watch the final battle between Dutch and Anytime? You see those strikes Anytime threw?.. Yeah, they didn't look like they had much technique to me - looked pretty damn goofy and awkward actually. Sure that was quite the brutal beatdown, but it wasn't the most impressive from a technical standpoint.

Anytime was just toying with Dutch.  The lack of technique was probably deliberate, to show off his dominance.

predamorph

predamorph

AVP for me coz it has a good story compare to the AVPR.. It builds up every character to the movie (humans, Aliens, and Predators) on the other hand,
AVPR has useless human characters. The only thing I liked in AVPR was Wolf (coz he is totally bad ass) he wiped out all those aliens single handedly like a pro! And the Predalien looks menacing!

Gamma

Gamma

Can we just agree that both were crap, although i voted AvP because it seems like AvP R was just made to be a gore fest with lame shock value, the fights, if they can be called that, were too fricken short.  And no one won in the end what the hell was that?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: StealthHunter on Jul 15, 2010, 04:04:44 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2010, 11:09:52 PM
The Predator should have been showing technique. And he didn't. And in a real brawl, you'd best be moving if you don't what your ass kicked. Neither creature did that.

Did you happen to watch the final battle between Dutch and Anytime? You see those strikes Anytime threw?.. Yeah, they didn't look like they had much technique to me - looked pretty damn goofy and awkward actually. Sure that was quite the brutal beatdown, but it wasn't the most impressive from a technical standpoint.

Do you show technique when you're swatting a fly? How about when you're facing someone as big as you?

Exactly.

SM

SM

QuoteDo you show technique when you're swatting a fly?

Hai.  I don't swat.  I catch with chopstick, Doom-san.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jul 16, 2010, 12:07:13 AM

You and your chap-saki...

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 16, 2010, 02:45:06 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 16, 2010, 12:07:13 AM

You and your chap-saki...

Diamond Dave approves.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I notice his arse is hanging out.

SM

SM

Of his chaps.

Hence his approval of chap saki.

SiL

SiL

Expecting a Predator to be a martial arts expert makes as much sense as expecting a human hunter to be an expert at kung fu.

Dusk

Dusk

Well, Predators do like mano-a-mano fights and according to Noland they are quick learners. I wouldn't be surprised if some Predators copied some moves from their prey. And they have a rather good amount of blades in their arsenal.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 16, 2010, 08:51:21 AM
Well, Predators do like mano-a-mano fights
They like wailing on things they know are physically weaker than them.

samoht

samoht

A predator doesn't need close combat technique. Its pretty much like saying a deer hunter needs combat training.

Sorry. I think someone above already said something like this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed