Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,808 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 03, 2010, 03:30:09 PM
Dude I have seen a lot, I mean A LOT of people, most aliens fans that keep saying that all the aliens were dumb, that no way a predator would kill so much them even thought Wolf killed most of the aliens with long raged weapons
And if you bothered to read those posts, you'd see they were complaining pretty specifically about how Wolf went toe-to-toe with Aliens so much and kept getting out without a fight.

QuoteAnd preds arent weak too so I guess there wasnt any problem with the 2 aliens being hold by the neck.
No-one ever said there was.

There is, however, a problem with the Aliens hanging there doing nothing.

Quote... instead of just killing the alien
Read what I wrote.

While wrestling.

As in, while the Alien was physically on him.

He couldn't kill it. One, the second he freed the Alien enough, it'd pin him, as we saw in the fight. Two, if he somehow did get a weapon out, the Alien is right on him and, and that thing bleeds acid.

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

Quote... instead of just killing the alien
Read what I wrote

While wrestling.

He couldn't kill it. One, the second he freed the Alien enough, it'd pin him, as we saw in the fight. Two, if he somehow did get a weapon out, the Alien is right on him and, and that thing bleeds acid.

It looked to me as if Grid was holding down his wrist blade arm in one scene with both claws. When it comes to that fight I really hated how Celtic got handled....I'm not saying his death was unbelievable, I just think he should of lasted longer then that. Not going out in the first fight he got in. But he did strike me as the cocky type so in a way that's kind of what you get. But that fight scene did set my mind at rest as it made very clear that Predators were more then capable of throwing around Aliens, and likewise that Aliens could do the same to Predators.

My only really problem with AvP other then the PG-13 rating and the ninja turtle looking Preds, was the ultra ghey team up. Technically that woman didn't save scar but saved herself....at that point sure a Pred would respect her for killing an alien...but more like "Ok I won't kill you, here's a weapon good luck bitch" not "Lets hold hands and borderline make out at the end of the movie". I mean it's just really pushing it for a human female who seriously got lucky and killed an Alien to earn the respect from a race with a culture were even the wrong look towards one of your leaders can get you slaughtered. Where honor and respect are everything and are not given quickly or taken lightly. Break the rules and your hunted down by your own kind. If they had teamed up after she blasted the Alien off his back it it would of been a bit more believable.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 03, 2010, 08:21:56 PM

He reacted as quickly as possible to deal with what was going on. Pretty much as soon as he saw it was an alien, it was on him.

He went in the alien direction... not very smart if you ask me

People complain about the aliens being stupid and Wolf just walking through them unscathed; no one complains about them being killed at range by caster or otherwise.

Like I said before I have already seen a lot of people complaing about almost every alien deatch in AVPR

How is it humiliating? It showed that a predator could be killed. Aliens bust through inches thick steel doors, I doubt throwing a corpse is much of a work out for it.

It showed that a pred could be lifted and throwed like nothing by a alien and his 3 meter magic tail

There wasn't much it could have done at that moment. He had to get the alien off before he could kill it. Just showing that a pred could fight with an alien like that is big a big boost for the preds.

He could do that after he got the alien off him

Again, he didn't have his spear or the time to safely get it. Also, I'm not sure Celtic has any shurikens at his disposal. He used what weapons he could when he could.

He had shurikens

He didn't have any armor on his back that the tail went through IIRC. Even if he did though, an alien could feasibly get through it. The aliens have been shown deflecting 10mm explosive tipped light armor piercing rifle rounds, yet the predators weapons can break their armor (skin). The aliens have incredible strength, and it isn't impossible for them to break predator armor.

He had armor and now a alien tail is stronger than a bullet? The normal aliens's tail weren't even suppose to be spear like... it was more a stinger tail

Which is what Celtic did. It lost the same way Anytime and Pussyface lost; overconfidence.

Anytime and Pussyface had to lost so that the main character would win, Anderson decided to kill Celtic off just because he wanted to.
And a alien is very different from a human, Anytime decided to have a good time with Dutch bacause he didn't have weapons but the alien is a... weapon in some way

The spear wasn't immediately next to him. I don't remember him having shurikens, but perhaps he did.

Also, the "young teenage" pred thing isn't literal. PWA used that as an analogy to human coming of age rituals. These were supposed to be experienced hunters going through a test to become elites. They were supposed to be more experienced than Anytime or Pussyface. That said, they were not experienced against aliens.

And you care about Paul Anderson opinion?

Even if it was there, the aliens could still be able to break it.

So aliens can but not guns...

The pred couldn't kill the alien there; cutting the tail was even a risky move. After it cut the tail and saw the acid blood, it knew that damaging it up close would be a bad thing (unless Celtic wanted an acid bath).

What about the end of the fight, Celtic was planning to stab Grid anyway. But he could have used his spear or shuriken from far and his armor would protect him

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2010, 09:23:29 PM

And if you bothered to read those posts, you'd see they were complaining pretty specifically about how Wolf went toe-to-toe with Aliens so much and kept getting out without a fight.

So its my fault now? :P

No-one ever said there was.

There is, however, a problem with the Aliens hanging there doing nothing.

I agree

Read what I wrote.

While wrestling.

He could have stay far from the alien and the pred's armor may protect Celtic

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Grid threw acid right at him when Celtic charged him, and the acid burnt through the acid to the point where Celtic had to remove it. And keeping his distance from the Alien wouldn't have done him anything good because he didn't have any ranged weapons.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 03, 2010, 10:51:00 PM
Grid threw acid right at him when Celtic charged him, and the acid burnt through the acid to the point where Celtic had to remove it. And keeping his distance from the Alien wouldn't have done him anything good because he didn't have any ranged weapons.

He had the shuriken, he could get his spear or even shoot the alien with the netgun

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 03, 2010, 10:42:28 PM
Like I said before I have already seen a lot of people complaing about almost every alien deatch in AVPR
Every hand-to-hand death, sure.

QuoteIt showed that a pred could be lifted and throwed like nothing by a alien and his 3 meter magic tail
And? He was, literally, dead weight at that point.

Celtic threw Grid like he was nothing - I don't hear Alien fans bitching.

QuoteHe had armor and now a alien tail is stronger than a bullet?
Why not?

But if it makes you feel better, the Predators were inexplicably wearing weaker armour. Celtic has bullet holes in his chest plate from when Quinn shot him.

QuoteThe normal aliens's tail weren't even suppose to be spear like... it was more a stinger tail
Not since Alien 3, they haven't.

QuoteAnytime and Pussyface had to lost so that the main character would win, Anderson decided to kill Celtic off just because he wanted to.
Anderson killed Celtic off because they had a limited time and budget with which to shoot the movie, and couldn't waste it on another extraneous fight-scene just to kill Celtic later.

QuoteSo aliens can but not guns...
You haven't really said why this is a bad thing. Aliens can beat down metal doors. Guns can't.

QuoteWhat about the end of the fight, Celtic was planning to stab Grid anyway. But he could have used his spear or shuriken from far and his armor would protect him
Clearly he wanted a more personal kill. He didn't figure the Alien was going anywhere.

QuoteHe could have stay far from the alien and the pred's armor may protect Celtic
Net-gun is relatively slow-moving (The Aliens dodged the shoulder cannons, which shoot a faster projectile), not good at too long a range. The armour clearly wasn't going to protect shit. As for why he didn't use the shurikens, who knows, but during a fight you typically don't think straight.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2010, 11:18:07 PM

Not really...and which are the hand-to-hand deaths you are talking about?

And? He was, literally, dead weight at that point.

Celtic threw Grid like he was nothing - I don't hear Alien fans bitching.

Celtic used all his body streng, Grid used his tail

Why not?

But if it makes you feel better, the Predators were inexplicably wearing weaker armour. Celtic has bullet holes in his chest plate from when Quinn shot him.

So now its ok that the preds started to use cheap armor?

Not since Alien 3, they haven't.

And since Alien 3 the aliens stopped being biomechanical... I personally blame ADI for those things  but whatever

Anderson killed Celtic off because they had a limited time and budget with which to shoot the movie, and couldn't waste it on another extraneous fight-scene just to kill Celtic later.

:P

You haven't really said why this is a bad thing. Aliens can beat down metal doors. Guns can't.

Its true  :o

Clearly he wanted a more personal kill. He didn't figure the Alien was going anywhere.

Yep... Anderson made him that stupid

Net-gun is relatively slow-moving (The Aliens dodged the shoulder cannons, which shoot a faster projectile), not good at too long a range. The armour clearly wasn't going to protect shit. As for why he didn't use the shurikens, who knows, but during a fight you typically don't think straight.

So a creature that is smarter, stronger and that probaly know how to fight better than humans cant think straight in a fight?
A lot of humans fighters usually think straight but a predator that had trained much more than human cant?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 04, 2010, 12:18:59 AM

Not really...and which are the hand-to-hand fights you are talking about?

The sewer and the hospital. The only time Wolf got his hands on them.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 04, 2010, 12:20:29 AM
Quote from: SamHain on Feb 04, 2010, 12:18:59 AM

Not really...and which are the hand-to-hand fights you are talking about?

The sewer and the hospital. The only time Wolf got his hands on them.

Sorry... I mean hand-to-hand deaths

SiL

SiL

QuoteCeltic used all his body streng, Grid used his tail
Aaand ... ? Aliens are strong.

QuoteSo now its ok that the preds started to use cheap armor?
No, it's balls-out retarded.

QuoteYep... Anderson made him that stupid
Made him cocky.

QuoteSo a creature that is smarter, stronger and that probaly know how to fight better than humans cant think straight in a fight?
A lot of humans fighters usually think straight but a predator that had trained much more than human cant?
A lot of human fighters DON'T think straight. There's so much adrenaline going through the system that fine motor skills are all but impossible, and thinking straight becomes difficult. Celtic is a trained hunter, sure - But hunters typically aren't locked in a cage with a lion and told to fight to the death.

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 04, 2010, 12:24:42 AM
Sorry... I mean hand-to-hand deatchs
Sports shop, hospital.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2010, 12:25:27 AM

Aaand ... ? Aliens are strong.

I just dont think a alien is strong enough do something like that to a pred

Made him cocky.

Just to make Grid win.

A lot of human fighters DON'T think straight. There's so much adrenaline going through the system that fine motor skills are all but impossible, and thinking straight becomes difficult. Celtic is a trained hunter, sure - But hunters typically aren't locked in a cage with a lion and told to fight to the death.

I do taekwondo and boxing, and if it is a serious fight I really tend to think straight and not just me but a lot of people that I know that do some kind of fight.
If the hunter is 2,5 meter tall,  strong like hell, and have wristblades then I guess he have a chance

Sports shop, hospital.

- Sports shop: Only if you mean the alien that jumped at Wolf but he throwed him away and blowed him... I wouldnt say really a hand-to-hand death

- Hospital: the first alien kind of had a hand-to-hand fight but died by the cannon, the third was... ''punched'' by Wolf so I guess we can say it was a hand-to-hand fight... in some way

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 04, 2010, 12:47:36 AM
Made him cocky.

Just to make Grid win.

So? John McTiernan and the Thomas brothers made Anytime cocky so that Dutch could win.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 04, 2010, 12:47:36 AM
I just dont think a alien is strong enough do something like that to a pred
Why?

QuoteJust to make Grid win.
And advance the plot.

QuoteI do taekwondo and boxing, and if it is a serious fight I really tend to think straight and not just me but a lot of people that I know that do some kind of fight.
I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. My brother is a martial arts instructor. In a controlled fight, sure, you can think straight, but in a real fighting situation most of what you learn goes out the window.

Ever watched UFC? They spend forever explaining in detail all the training in all the wondrous martial arts and fighting styles these guys have, but it always comes down to them trying to punch each other in the dick. Why? Cos most of the time they're too pumped to do anything but swing and grapple.

You stick someone who's trained to hunt his prey into a hand to hand fight with one of his prey, and chances are he's going to freak. Hunting isn't about getting into fights.

Quote- Sports shop: Only if you mean the alien that jumped at Wolf but he that throwed him away and blowed him... I wouldnt say really a hand-to-hand death
Using the whip to decapitate the Alien from behind. It does nothing, just wriggles a little bit. It's not even like the Predator was quiet about it.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 04, 2010, 12:54:25 AM

So? John McTiernan and the Thomas brothers made Anytime cocky so that Dutch could win.

Dutch was the main character, the hero of the movie, he couldnt die.
But Anytime just got cocky because he was in total control of the situation againt a prey that couldn't even fight back, the Celtic vs Grid fight was different

SiL

SiL

Not really.

Grid was in a net. Far as Celtic knew, he was in total control of the situation against a prey that couldn't fight back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed