Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,009 times)

SM

SM

They were heading in a straight line back they way they come from which was from Earth.  Then the hull gets ruptured within stones throw of Earth.  Where else is there for them to go?

Even if they're not going to Earth - why travel all the way to Saturn then double back?

Ghostface

Ghostface

I think it's safe to chalk it down to style over substance, like most of the film. They really wouldn't have put a lot of thought into it, it just looked kewl.

SM

SM

Reckon.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Dec 01, 2011, 01:37:07 AM
Sorry left this bit out, do not forget they were not heading directly at earth until there hull was ruptured.
Yes they were.

QuoteIts not the third anymore.
Yeah it is. Mercury and Venus are the only two bodies labeled planets between us and the sun.

QuoteAlso we can not be sure if there is or isn't life on Mercury
Sure we can. Firstly, it has no atmosphere. Secondly, we've mapped it, and there's shit-all but craters. Thirdly, the planet alternates between freezing and boiling. Predators would be screwed.

Quoteor the planets closer too the sun than Mercury.
What planets?

QuoteSoon we may have 13 planets listed as being in our solar system.
Based on ... ?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They were heading in that direction. I have no idea why, but I don't think they planned on going back to Earth in the first place.

SM

SM

Where were they going then?

QuoteIts not the third anymore.

:laugh:

QuoteIts not the third anymore. Also we can not be sure if there is or isn't life on Mercury or the planets closer too the sun than Mercury.

:laugh:  If on the extremely off chance they find a microbe on Mercury or Venus - how is a Predator going to hang that on the wall after the fierce struggle it has with it?

Who says?  We only just went from 9 planets to 8? 

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: SiL on Dec 01, 2011, 08:45:50 AM
Yes they were.

No there were not, if they were they would not have dove right at the planet when it had a hull breach.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 01, 2011, 08:45:50 AM
What planets?

It has no name as of yet, and is very difficult to see because it is closer to the Sun than Mercury, and not much is know about that planet ether because how difficult it is too look at.

Based on ... ?
[/quote]

Eris, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake, Plutino 1999 TC36

SM

SM

They're not classed as planets.

QuoteIt has no name as of yet, and is very difficult to see because it is closer to the Sun than Mercury, and not much is know about that planet ether because how difficult it is too look at.

If this is what you mean - no, there isn't any such planet

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Dec 01, 2011, 10:33:20 PMWhere were they going then?

The Predator homeworld I assume.

SM

SM

Ahh - Now it makes sense!

The Predator homeworld is actually that planet between Mercury and the sun!  That's why Wolf got to Earth so quick!!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

:P way to fill in the gap in KingAngel's argument.

SM

SM

You dun nailed it!  ;D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Dec 02, 2011, 12:11:04 AM
No there were not, if they were they would not have dove right at the planet when it had a hull breach.
Sure they would've.

QuoteIt has no name as of yet, and is very difficult to see because it is closer to the Sun than Mercury, and not much is know about that planet ether because how difficult it is too look at.
Got anything to back that up? At all? Because I can't find anything about a planet having been discovered closer to the sun than Mercury.

QuoteEris, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake, Plutino 1999 TC36
Ceres was last listed as a planet several hundred years ago, and none of those fit the current definition of a planet (although strictly speaking, neither does anything else in the solar system). Any new definition of a planet isn't going to include them; at any rate, adding them would add Pluto and Charon back.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 02, 2011, 05:17:55 AM
Sure they would've.

So what is your game here, are you a hater of AvP-R and the fans of AvP-R?  You can't honestly tell me that they were heading too earth on the trajectory they were on with a straight face.  I can not tell if you are being sarcastic and lighthearted or you are being hostile.

Got anything to back that up? At all? Because I can't find anything about a planet having been discovered closer to the sun than Mercury.

Sorry saw it on the news.

Ceres was last listed as a planet several hundred years ago, and none of those fit the current definition of a planet (although strictly speaking, neither does anything else in the solar system). Any new definition of a planet isn't going to include them; at any rate, adding them would add Pluto and Charon back.

Well on the news they were talking about people in the scientific community changing what counts as a planet and how many or in our Solar system.  Those Dwarf Planets may count as reg planets very very soon.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 02, 2011, 12:33:53 AM
:P way to fill in the gap in KingAngel's argument.

Well I do not know about you but the only time it was bright in AvP-R was when we saw Wolf on his planet, and it also was the only seen saw freaking bright I had to turn the brightness down just prevent my tv from being damaged.

One thing you have to realize is that Science is not ever 100% correct, we always have correction to make to what we thought was correct in the past.  Even if we think we have correct past mistakes in the future people will correct mistakes we made now. 

SiL

SiL

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Dec 02, 2011, 06:59:19 AM
So what is your game here, are you a hater of AvP-R and the fans of AvP-R?  You can't honestly tell me that they were heading too earth on the trajectory they were on with a straight face.  I can not tell if you are being sarcastic and lighthearted or you are being hostile.
None of the above.

QuoteSorry saw it on the news.
Yet I can't find a single thing about it. Anywhere.

QuoteWell on the news they were talking about people in the scientific community changing what counts as a planet and how many or in our Solar system.  Those Dwarf Planets may count as reg planets very very soon.
But they wouldn't (and, again, I can't find anything about any of this). About the only change needed to the current definition is for "To have cleared its orbital path" to be replaced with "To be the gravitationally dominant object in its orbit", which would still exclude the dwarf planets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed