Looming SAG-AFTRA strike throws a monkey wrench into Alien series production

Started by Gimitko, Jul 13, 2023, 09:12:38 AM

Author
Looming SAG-AFTRA strike throws a monkey wrench into Alien series production (Read 16,209 times)

Gimitko

Gimitko

"Yet many international productions haven't been as lucky. FX's "Alien," a series adaptation of the "Alien" franchise written by Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott, is currently in pre-production in Thailand. Sources indicate the show will be a large-scale undertaking that's reportedly booked out multiple Bangkok studios and hired vast quantities of lighting equipment.

However, a mix of SAG-AFTRA and Equity members comprise the cast (two of the main leads are believed to be SAG-AFTRA members), meaning that production will need to work around the absence of key cast members. The show's Thailand-based producer Chris Lowenstein declined to comment."

https://variety.com/2023/biz/global/actors-strike-production-international-gladiator-mortal-kombat-1235669083/

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1679474150509871104

Shut up, Bob.

I do think that with SAG (most likely) going on strike today, things will probably resolve a bit quicker now than if it was still the WGA striking alone, since this is going to shut down active and upcoming productions now. But man, the whole situation is so f**ked, and I hope that everyone striking through either guild is able to get a fair deal and the compensation that they absolutely deserve.

Add to that all of the "tax writeoffs" as original films and shows are blatantly pulled from the streaming services that they originated on (which is awful for both preserving/distributing media and for the creatives involved in making this art, as many of their residuals are essentially being cut off), all of the crap over at Warner Brothers regarding the TCM layoffs, the dicking about refusing to bend to any of the demands of the WGA strike, and so on. All of the major studio heads have really been showing their asses the last few months.

Nightmare Asylum

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

SiL

I'm sad for all the crew affected by this.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hopeful this killed the series.

Which is 100% fanboy pettiness over vaguely communicated ideas I don't like the look of, I admit.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah tpretty gross and pretty petty.

Actually between this and my distain for ChatGPT, I think I will just find this forum a more pleasant experience without seeing that stuff.

Local Trouble

Wouldn't it be great if Iger gets fired and replaced with Kathleen Kennedy?  Then she'd be in charge of Alien and Predator too!

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2023, 10:04:14 PMWouldn't it be great if Iger gets fired and replaced with Kathleen Kennedy?  Then she'd be in charge of Alien and Predator too!
The worst part is there are people who think that's how it works.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jul 13, 2023, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2023, 10:04:14 PMWouldn't it be great if Iger gets fired and replaced with Kathleen Kennedy?  Then she'd be in charge of Alien and Predator too!
The worst part is there are people who think that's how it works.

Someone should ask ralfy if that's how it works.

SiL

xShadowFoxX

CGI artists and animators should go on strike as well.

BlueMarsalis79

Ingwar

Ingwar

f**king hell. This is horrible but let's be realistic, sooner or later it's inevitable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed