Patch Thread

Started by RidgeTop, Jun 30, 2023, 08:43:28 AM

Author
Patch Thread (Read 6,432 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I could finally continue thanks to the patch. 

My only other look at thing I'd like them to consider is of the maps that you have explored on the big map, there should be a way to look at the big map and use it to send your squad somewhere.  Sometimes like the first cave level in dead hills, it is hard to find out where exactly you need to go to from the regular perspective. 

I realize you don't want to make the game to easy by just sending them into the fog of war places, but places you've already explored you should be able to send on the main map. 

Unless there is a way to do this and I missed it.  Because again, I never look at the tutorials, I just frickin wing it baby. 

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

X button still stops working on the Ortago.

L1 and R1 buttons still unresponsive in the skill menu.

Typo in potential safe rooms is still there too. "WELD DOORS TO CREATES A SHELTER."

Nico

Nico

Can't wait to play the game, but I'm gonna wait until more patches have been released and the game is more polished.

Kailem

Kailem

Not a bad idea. It's apparently working a bit better than it was at least, but it still has some pretty big issues. At a certain point on mission 7 it just wouldn't let me save anymore when making shelters, and it's still crashed a couple of times on me post-patch.

It's a good game but the technical problems are definitely its biggest drawback right now.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I had to quit a game earlier yesterday because I went into the menu and the x confirmation button wasn't working.  I closed out and it started working again, thankfully after I just saved, but it is annoying. 

It has so far run better on the second playthrough after the most recent patch better than it did before this patch.  But still I know you can't duplicate every glitch with limited amounts of playtesters just because you can't get all the variations a player will come across out of a gamer base that big, but still the game was ALMOST broken upon release (I had the pharros spire bug where I couldn't advance where it tells you to go to the top levels, even though you've been to the highest levels for Pryce).  That stuff needed to be way more polished. 

Jonesy Not Expendable

Jonesy Not Expendable

I've actually ran into more bugs since the patch. Some have been minor while others are near game breaking.

Datapad glitch is preventing a secondary objective on nuclear protocol. I'm currently at pharos and only missing this one.

The bridge has also lowered locking me out of the other objective.

No saves outside of main objective completions on the montero.

The elevator wouldn't activate on tantalus. I had to redo the mission multiple times hoping one would work.

I know there's two more game breaking bugs in later missions and I seem to be hitting every one 😑

This playthrough was started after the patch.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Thats too bad. My game has been running buttery smooth since launch and exceptionally smooth when i bought a 12gb video card from Nvidia,before having an 8gb rx480 radeon. I guess it pays off in mental health to invest in premo hardware lest id be here scolding the gods to fix their broken ass game as most playstation players on the basemodel are doing on steam forums daily.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It does seem to be pretty hit or miss.  I didn't really have gamebreaking ones until my first playthrough on Pharos, where it wouldn't load the next mission even though it finished everything else. 

I had the x button not work, and randomly one of my medics died leaving me without a live one for the rest of the game (which ever level you go to the frozen cultist base and everything is all explodey at the end).  But he died sometimes after boarding the elevator, and sometime before the end of mission cutscene.  Which was annoying. 

Corporal Hicks

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I just hope their next update will include a major game addition rather than these ghost fixes and little QOL updates. In addition,  they desperately need a new game plus. This game is a master piece of its' genre. I just wish they would keep it alive rather than let spambots spam their Steam forum discussions for this game. Or maybe they are all cranky devs who worked on it, I don't know. There is stuff like "I don't know how to click Y" to "Things are too hard for me" to "I don't want to hear the audio because voices suck" kind of comments coming out of that forum. Its disturbing and silly as it sounds.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I want improved sounds for the Pulse Rifle.

MetalBringer

MetalBringer

Exactly . Don't know how much the game sold , which will definitely be a factor for what kind of a support the game will have .
But this is indeed a dream come true playing this game . Who would have thought that an rts of this kind would be the best Aliens experience so far (although FTE and AVP2010 were also pretty good imo) . Hope they support this game with additional stories , missions , modes whatever .

Sagit

Sagit

Well for me and many others this update broke more things than it fixed. Main issues remain like you cannot complete some secondary objectives to some really game breaking stuff like not being able to push story further because you cannot interact with computer.
Many new graphical glitches appeard with it as well.

But the devs are focusing on stuff like fonts and fixing the little light on the drone while some people cannot move APC or are stuck due to bugs and save system.

The priorities for this team are baffling to say the least.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteMAJOR FIXES
- Fix of the infinite popup opening when launching the first campaign.
- Add security to prevent marine upgrade tutorial triggering twice.
- Fix of a blocking state when trying to return to main menu during squad deployment to supplies tutorial transition.
- Fix of a blocking state during xenotech tutorial.
- Fix of crashes that may occur when using elevator.
- Fix of the "Back" button disappearing in the weapon panel.
- Fix of the "Suppressive fire" skill that could not be cancelled anymore if launched after 2 "sentry-guns" or 2 "mines" or 2 "deployable motion Tracker".
- Fix of the ammo counter that can reach "-1".
- Fix of the ammo counter that can reach "2 147 483 647".
- Fix of the marine automatically firing at enemies while on the "undetected" state AND a shelter is possible to create.
- Fix of the Tactical drone teleporting at the middle of the map, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the Prologue, fix of a blocking state triggered when opening the pause menu with a controller during marine selection tutorial.
- During the mission 1 (Dead Hills), fix of the ARC tutorial not triggering when returning to the ground floor, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 07 (The Montero), fix of the possibility to have the lift leading to the Montero not working after a save, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 08 (Extraction), the tactical drone can now trigger a specific sequence in the basement floor (Security Room), preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 10 (Pryce of Deception), the Queen can no longer being lured by the tactical drone, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 10 (Pryce of Deception), Fix of a flow issue at the entrance of the Spire where the player may have a dialogue and the aliens spawning after having deactivating the defenses, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 11 (Olduvai), the Queen can no longer be lured by the tactical drone, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 11 (Olduvai), fix of the invisible wall at the start of the main mine floor allowing some marines to get through, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 11 (Olduvai), fix of the scripted sequence at the start of the "Basement-1" floor where the APC doesn't kill every enemy as intended, preventing a blocking situation.
- During the mission 11 (Olduvai), fix of the scripted sequence at the start of the "Basement-1" floor where the player may lose marines without having control of its squad.
- Fix of several contextual crashes.

MINOR FIXES
- Fix of the "Nightmares" Otago event error stating that marines become "exhausted", the indication is now "tired".
- "Tactical Drones" "breaking the weld" are now stopped properly when the marine "rest".
- "Orbital scanner" button on the map is now properly greyed while "Interfering signal" is ongoing.
- The auto-save made on the Otago when exiting to main menu before first deployment on Mission 1 (Dead Hills) has been removed, preventing a blocking situation.
- The Xenotech slots during the deployment selection are now setted at 10 instead of 11.
- During the mission 2 (Berkley's Dock), rework of the navigation to avoid marines that can get blocked in walls.
- During the mission 5 (Nuclear Protocol), fix of the objective flow for the secondary objective requiring the player to loot resources crates. It's no longer possible to loot crates before the objective ask to do so.
- During the mission 10 (Pryce of Deception), fix of the objective feedback indicating the objective location, that may be removed after using a lift or loading a save.

LOCALIZATION
- Fix of the Otago Event text for the "Nightmares" Event - Add of the right effect ("Tired" instead of "Exhausted") for every language.
- Add of the Error Message "{Name} is dead." displayed on the skill unavaible cause all marine that can use this skill are dead.
- Add of an error Message on the "Orbital scanner" button when it's disabled during "interfering signal".

BALANCING
- Flare accuracy bonus was "5" for "civilians" and "sentry-guns". Change to "10" to match the bonus given to the marines.
- Human enemies can no longer break the weld of the safe zone anymore.

OPTIMIZATION
- Looted aliens' corpse (with Xeno-samples) are now properly unloaded when changing level.

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Add of an "Ultra-Wide" option button in the "Display" panel. (Can be activated or deactivated)

UNLOCK OF STUCK SITUATION
- Add of a safeguard, the enemies loaded under the floor are instantly killed, preventing blocking situation.
- During the mission 08 (Extraction), add of an unlock for players stuck on the objective after using a drone in the command tower.

https://twitter.com/Tindalos_Int/status/1699778348703265265

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Nice to see they're still working hard on the game. I'm sad to see no real info on future content or any kind of developer comments, press, media etc., but I do understand they want the game fixed before they hype anything else up.

The trailers and hype for this game were almost nonexistent until a month before release, so I'll try my best to be patient. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed