[Spoilers] So about that last level

Started by Nightlord, Jun 28, 2023, 08:32:09 PM

Author
[Spoilers] So about that last level (Read 5,778 times)

Samhain13

So they kind of tried a retcon to the space jockeys = engineers ? Bold. There is really no consistency between the entries.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 09, 2023, 05:26:08 PMIf that's not the Space Jockey, I don't know what is.   

Interview the developers and ask, even the lack of legs... clearly its the same being from the prequels, reminded me of some old fanart.

RidgeTop

One might say Prometheus is what retconned the Jockeys.

Yeah I've seen some other make comparisons with that older fan art by Daryl Joyce as well, given the details of the final enemy.

Samhain13

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 09, 2023, 08:12:48 PMOne might say Prometheus is what retconned the Jockeys.

Yea, now we get a retcon for a retcon to balance things.

Mr.Turok

So it feels like it's going to be some kind of Engineer-Jockey relationship going on like a master/servant kind of deal like I've seen in some fan art

I kind of like the idea when you think about how it follows the theme of creator and creation that been going around for the past decade. Humans made androids and Space Jockey made Engineers. I'd be down for that.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 09, 2023, 08:12:48 PMOne might say Prometheus is what retconned the Jockeys.

Yeah I've seen some other make comparisons with that older fan art by Daryl Joyce as well, given the details of the final enemy.

https://i.imgur.com/qRJtnlx.jpg

I like that the final boss is the best hint of how the pilots could have looked, the rest is imagination ;D

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Spoiler
Did the Space Jockey came back?
[close]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 09, 2023, 10:55:40 PMSo it feels like it's going to be some kind of Engineer-Jockey relationship going on like a master/servant kind of deal like I've seen in some fan art

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/79/79/e0/7979e067b4e141c6ec9e6e1bccbdaf2a.jpg
I kind of like the idea when you think about how it follows the theme of creator and creation that been going around for the past decade. Humans made androids and Space Jockey made Engineers. I'd be down for that.
I honestly love that concept a lot, The servants trying to mimic their own gods but end up to be inferior

BenditlikeBeckum

I'm glad they didn't get into the specifics with story. It wouldn't work that well with people expecting so much. They left it totally ambiguous. The game is a great work of strategy and timing. But honestly they haven't made a any announcements on further expanding ANYTHING to make me come back to playing it more than once and an half. Its like homeworld/homeworld 2. Definitely a world to take on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed