Alien: Dark Descent’s Enemy Type and Squad Class Descriptions

Started by RidgeTop, May 26, 2023, 07:33:10 AM

Author
Alien: Dark Descent’s Enemy Type and Squad Class Descriptions (Read 8,663 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Religious nut jobs in my positions of power? Much more likely than you think.

Still Collating...

Hidden cult members in a plethora of different positions can make a lot of sense when you have something inspiring as the Alien which is real in this fictional universe. I for one really welcome Alien cults back into the EU, it hasn't been explored enough IMO.

BlueMarsalis79

Literally just watched True Detective for the first time as of writing, not that this will likely be anywhere near that height of writing, but it proves the concept in general absolutely can work. Spoilers for a decade old show:
Spoiler
Covered up sacrifice and horrific violation in the name of an apparent higher power.
[close]

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 17, 2023, 12:44:11 AMHidden cult members in a plethora of different positions can make a lot of sense when you have something inspiring as the Alien which is real in this fictional universe. I for one really welcome Alien cults back into the EU, it hasn't been explored enough IMO.

Yeah I like the idea of cults in the EU as well.

Necronomicon II

I want some bizarre android sex cult, not that it'd get approved. 😂 A man can dream...

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 17, 2023, 12:44:11 AMHidden cult members in a plethora of different positions can make a lot of sense when you have something inspiring as the Alien which is real in this fictional universe. I for one really welcome Alien cults back into the EU, it hasn't been explored enough IMO.

What if the Engineers formed cults as they evolved that worshiped the Alien...and created the black goo as their attempt, like the nuclear bomb or WY's attempts, in their own little attempt to weaponize it or worship it? But presumably whatever strain of them that went to do that perished and they evolved past that or died out I guess.

EDIT: Maybe as they evolved, they encountered an Alien...developed some sort of very deep cosmic understanding of it's purpose as well as it's DNA, and either feared it, worshiped it, or both. Drinking the recreation of the black alien blood to seed life while dying. This actually makes the engineers more interesting. The idea that they became a bio-mechanical hyper-evolved religious cult in a lot of ways.

Gentleman Death

I believe the first mention of cults that had an interest in the xenomorph were first introduced in the Hive War novels. Or at least, that's when I first heard of them. They were briefly mentioned here and there throughout the EU but was suprised the cults were never expanded on.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: caffeine4671 on Jun 23, 2023, 03:10:52 AM

What if the Engineers formed cults as they evolved that worshiped the Alien...and created the black goo as their attempt, like the nuclear bomb or WY's attempts, in their own little attempt to weaponize it or worship it? But presumably whatever strain of them that went to do that perished and they evolved past that or died out I guess.

EDIT: Maybe as they evolved, they encountered an Alien...developed some sort of very deep cosmic understanding of it's purpose as well as it's DNA, and either feared it, worshiped it, or both. Drinking the recreation of the black alien blood to seed life while dying. This actually makes the engineers more interesting. The idea that they became a bio-mechanical hyper-evolved religious cult in a lot of ways.

More or less this is how I see them, regardless of how much of it has any direct basis in on-screen material. With a good bit of "that which is dead can never die" thrown in.

Thatguy2068

Have you been any good pictures of the praetorian?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed