Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 19, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

There's a Engineer ship / Facility on Earth
17 (34.7%)
They found something somewhere close to Earth, like the moon, Mars, or the moons of Jupiter
12 (24.5%)
Space radio signal on alien DNA plus instructions (Species)
2 (4.1%)
They find AVP's Queen :laugh:
4 (8.2%)
It was a misunderstanding by the producer, and the series takes place after 1979's Alien
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series? (Read 19,463 times)

Necronomicon II

Don't get me wrong some of Huante's artwork was interesting and had potential, but when I found out more...stuff, yeah it would've done more damage than good. The guy (Blomkamp) was super arrogant to even think of going to the places he wanted to go, may he stick to making video game movies forever  lmao

Murphy's Boot

Blomkamp seems to be a bit of a one trick pony....

I was genuinely blown away by District 9 and was completely in awe of it and at the time but everything else he has done since has just fallen flat.

[cancerblack]

ralfy

Aliens had a logical change from Alien, i.e., from an encounter with the alien, with horror created as the creature is slowly revealed, to Aliens, where they thought they were going to deal with only one creature but turned out to be a lot more, and more detail on what happens when they are able to form a hive. The third movie ends Ripley's story effectively, which makes the fourth movie weird because it brings in cloning, hybrids, etc.

The problem for this new series is that the AvP franchise and the prequels complicate matters, i.e., with earlier encounters with both the aliens and the predators on Earth, and more weird stuff, like spores and all that, as seen in the prequels.

Fans can discount the prequels because it looks like they're meant to reboot the franchise, i.e., they're targetting younger viewers who don't know about the first four movies. That also means anything's now possible for future movies, while they follow the prequels and even ignore the first movie movies.

That means if they follow fans the series will have to consider the AvP franchise, and if they follow new viewers what took place in the prequels.

Thatguy2068

<Space Jocky goes to planet
<Planet called Earth
<Earth have human
<Space Jocky try to be nice
<Human told Space Jocky to f##k off
<Space Jocky gets mad
<Space Jocky throw eggs at house
<Eggs are more durable than thought
<Eggs hatch
<Chaos ensured
<Space Jocky leave
End

Immortan Jonesy

Never watched the Tomorrow War? :laugh:

Acid_Reign161

From the concept art, I'm guessing the story will be a straightforward case of; Weyland Yutani ship crashes into city - Weyu ship is infested with eggs (it's left ambiguous how, but there will be some dumb as hell easer egg like a computer screen readout that it landed on an unsurveyed planetoid in the zeta 2 reticuli system). Unity Corp or whatever they are called (I forget) will lock down their city to stop it from spreading (translation: secure a specimen) - the series will end with the destruction of the city wiping everything out/all record/ all evidence as not to hurt the alien movies' timeline - and there will be some dumb as shit after credit scene like the Mistress Yutani scene at the end of AvP:R showing "analysis of Weyu ship black box complete, sending to network" like it's supposed to knock our socks off and show why someone at WeYu later down the line will know about LV426 and plant Ash/ reroute Nostromo... calling it.

Local Trouble

And then the writer(s) who crafted that ending will think they're so clever.

ralfy

"Noah Hawley's ALIEN TV Series Reveals Plot and Cast"

https://nerdist.com/article/alien-tv-series-noah-hawley-artificial-intelligence-weyland-yutani/

Quote"It's set on Earth of the future. At this moment, I describe that as Edison versus Westinghouse versus Tesla. Someone's going to monopolize electricity. We just don't know which one it is. In the movies, we have this Weyland-Yutani Corporation, which is clearly also developing artificial intelligence. But what if there are other companies trying to look at immortality in a different way? With cyborg enhancements or transhuman downloads? Which of those technologies is going to win? It's ultimately a classic science fiction question: does humanity deserve to survive?"

Additionally, according to Slash Film, Hawley offered that the show was inspired by a specific moment from Alien. He noted, "There's that moment you realize Ian Holm [who plays Ash] is an android where you go, 'Oh, this is really interesting now, because this is humanity trapped between the primordial past and the AI future, and they're both trying to kill us.'"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed