Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 82,837 times)

Huggs

I don't personally see another Predator film hitting theaters for at least 8-10 years.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2019, 01:10:20 AM
Anyone else see the rumors about the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu package being only $12.99?  If it's true, they've already got me.

Honestly, anything that gets featured on a streaming juggernaut like that will probably get more eyeballs than most theatrically released films.

Yep I heard that too. It's a great price point for sure!.

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 08, 2019, 01:04:34 AM
I think Predator is done for a long while.

After the mess that was made of the last one, I don't believe casuals are going to bother seeing another until it's far out of mind. If the interest isn't there, then the money isn't there, and neither is Disney.

Boy, for one who doesn't seem like a big Predator fan nor participates in most of the Predator threads, The Predator is really stuck in your competition craw Huggsy. :)

I think The Predator is so forgettable and shallow it's already forgotten, more than Covenant, and both did extremely poor in blockbuster terms in the US... 51 and 74 Million respectively.  But these proven commodities on the smaller screen with good writing and smaller budgets, Hulu might just be what the doctor ordered for both of these franchises! Unless Arnold or Sigourney return ala Terminator & Halloween and broaden the project's potential audience.

SM

QuoteThese films don't cost that much to make. You throw a few million into it and you come back with a decent haul.

You don't get a decent movie that's effects heavy for "a few million".

Kimarhi

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Considering a great Predator film can be achieved in an Earth environment with a fully practical suit and minimal basic cgi fx (plasma firing & camoflague), I always thought Alien had the much tougher row to hoe in regards to a minimal budget due to off-earth environments.

But the Alien Tongal films were an excellent reminder that with creative script writing and plain ol' ingenuity, you can still accomplish a lot with a smaller budget. With the right creative team, a lower budget Alien movie or series on Hulu can be both highly profitable and excellent.

Kimarhi

they need to put the shorts on a blu ray the f**kers

Voodoo Magic

Maybe on a collection bonus disc one day, to lure us to purchase a full franchise set one more time. ;D

Kimarhi

actually that is probably pretty accurate

i see you future corporate product sales advisor

Huggs

As has been said, I'd personally like to see them hand off the last prequel to ADF.

Then alongside a novel covering Shaw and David's journey to paradise, begin work on a tv series.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 08, 2019, 01:47:14 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 08, 2019, 01:04:34 AM
I think Predator is done for a long while.

After the mess that was made of the last one, I don't believe casuals are going to bother seeing another until it's far out of mind. If the interest isn't there, then the money isn't there, and neither is Disney.

Boy, for one who doesn't seem like a big Predator fan nor participates in most of the Predator threads, The Predator is really stuck in your competition craw Huggsy. :)

I think The Predator is so forgettable and shallow it's already forgotten, more than Covenant, and both did extremely poor in blockbuster terms in the US... 51 and 74 Million respectively.  But these proven commodities on the smaller screen with good writing and smaller budgets, Hulu might just be what the doctor ordered for both of these franchises! Unless Arnold or Sigourney return ala Terminator & Halloween and broaden the project's potential audience.

I have very slim hopes for either franchise under Disney. I think the EU is still the life's blood for these moving forward.

Kimarhi

Under Disney the franchise still has hope because the first Predator, Alien, and Aliens were all pretty big blockbusters for the time.  The might see those figures, take a couple of years to see if rebooting or continuation is the best way to go (it's rebooting guys I'm sorry) and go from there.

There is also the whole disney doesn't do rated r movies, they have a studio that releases r films that is owned by them (can't remember name) that they might be trying to move all that under as well. 

Or maybe they are looking for buyers.

Might take a couple of years but I seriously doubt that the series is done with. 

One could look at DH at present time retaining the titles in the eu as a sign that they DON'T want to keep the films, since they pretty much instantly shut down DH and SW after they signed it over so Marvel could distribute new EU stories.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 08, 2019, 01:47:14 AM
Anyone else see the rumors about the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu package being only $12.99?  If it's true, they've already got me.

I read that the Hulu that's part of that package is ad-supported.  I already pay for ad-free Hulu, and The Mandalorian is the only thing on Disney+ that I'm interested in.

So it's not worth it for me.  I'd rather wait and pay a one-time fee to buy Mandalorian on blu-ray.

I'll sign up as a slutty show of gratitude if they give us a final Alien prequel!

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see a hard reboot for the future of the franchise, soft reboot after the final prequel, yes.

Kimarhi

It's hard reboot all the way IF Disney retains ownership.

I'm telling ya.

Disney don't want none of that experimental noomi killer david. 

SM

If they go reboot I reckon they'll retain the first two.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 08, 2019, 12:13:22 AM
I'm sticking to my prediction.
The Final Prequel's on it's way, Directed by Ridley Scott, but really Directed by Disney.

Hopefully.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed