CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 109,494 times)

Moosh89

So glad you feel the same way ikarop, and I don't mean that in a bad way! (You're like, one of the people I "look up to" regarding info on A:CM) (Not ass kissing either hahaha) but I feel alright about how I feel now :)

Pred-man201

i doubt they will listen. But it would be awesome if they did

ikarop

Quote from: Moosh89 on Jul 22, 2012, 04:32:16 AM
So glad you feel the same way ikarop, and I don't mean that in a bad way! (You're like, one of the people I "look up to" regarding info on A:CM) (Not ass kissing either hahaha) but I feel alright about how I feel now :)

Glad to know we are on the same page. And it goes without saying but let me know if you need anything.

Moosh89

Moosh89

Thanks ikarop, I will keep that in mind :)

Curious to see what Gearbox's next move is

*****UPDATE, JULY 23RD, 2012*****

It appears Ms. Scott has signed our petition!

Quote3584
Name: Cynthia Scott on Jul 20, 2012
Comments: I played Corporal Dietrich in 'Aliens." At that time James Cameron stated that it was essential to his vision to include a "unisex" fighting force of the future, and this was emphasized by the crucial plot points women contributed in 'Aliens' and subsequent films. Surely there's a tech genius out there who can engineer the software to correct this oversight!

A major leap forward for this cause!. While I have not received an email since the reply from her agent that he forwarded it on to her, I do think that there is a possibility she has or will make contact with GBX.

I will be sending a nice "Thank you" letter!

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!

LETTER FROM MS. SCOTT: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=2652931&postcount=592

shadowedge

Jimquisition over at the Escapist posted a video about Aliens Colonial Marines and women: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6073-Lets-End-the-FPS-Sausage-fest

He is one of the regular contributes to the Escapist Magazine and is a huge Aliens fan.

SM

ikarop

ikarop

Very nice! You probably should forward it to GBX's marketing team for formality's sake. Let me know if I can help.

ShadowPred

Fantastic f**king work Moosh!

Moosh89

Moosh89

Thanks everyone, I didn't do this alone, each one of you were with me every tread (wheelchair joke, budum tisss!) of the way!

ikarop, I would forward it to them, but I don't think they will reply. Ms. Scott has offered to write a letter for us, so I politely asked her to share her opinion with Randy Pitchford if she wants. I think hearing/reading it straight from Dietrich herself would be better than "she said, he said 'she said'" haha. If you think you can help in any way, please, do! :)

Hopefully we can get a reply from Ms Goldsteins agent, and track down the elusive Ms. Hiller at an appropriate address, and not her SingLondon address, but if I have to use it, I will! haha

ikarop

ikarop

I see! Well even tho they may not answer back I think they would appreciate a formal heads up :). Check your PMs.

Moosh89

I will email them then ikarop :)

I checked my private messages, nothing new, unless you meant something else? haha

SM

He said check your "PMS".

Nothing about email or private messages...

Bit sexist to be honest.

:laugh:

ikarop

Quote from: SM on Jul 24, 2012, 02:18:24 AM
He said check your "PMS".

Nothing about email or private messages...

Bit sexist to be honest.

:laugh:

SM

Ash 937

Moosh, you have done excellent work indeed and I wholeheartedly admire your persistence to achieve your goal.  If this whole thing goes well in the end, I'd even advocate to GBX that they name their playable female marine "Moosh" in recognition of all of the work you've done to achieve this! 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed