CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 109,490 times)

shadowedge

Quote from: Moosh89 on Jul 19, 2012, 05:35:25 AM
Awesome, Thanks SM, I tend to be over-informative and long winded sometimes haha, so that is why I ask, I will continue to work on it :)

How is this?
-----------------------------------

Dear Mr. Maki & Mr. Clark,
RE: Cynthia Dale Scott & Jenette Goldstein.

My name is Melissa K. and I along with many others are excitedly awaiting the release of GEARBOX SOFTWARE and SEGAs upcoming "ALIENS: Colonial Marines" video game. A game which according to Gearbox, SEGA and FOX is a "true sequel" to the 1986 blockbuster film "ALIENS" in which Ms. Scott and Ms. Goldstein starred in, and undoubtedly helped in it's success. This game is receiving "Canon" status as well.

Over the last few months we have learned that there will be No Playable Females in the Multiplayer/Co-op, where you can customize and upgrade your own marine. The Single player portion of the game has you play as a male lead, which is alright by us, but the fact there is no playable females in the multiplayer/co-op is very disappointing.
We have politely emailed the developers and publisher several times and have never received a reply, so I started a petition online, and sent it to major gaming/scifi websites who all took the story and ran with it. The petition has received over 3,500 signatures.

LINK TO PETITION: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/include-playable-females-in-aliens-colonial/

Many petition signers have expressed their interest in a Vasquez character model for the multiplayer, considering GEARBOX has included character models for Apone, Drake, Hudson and Hicks for those who preorder the game. Apone and Drake are voiced by Al Matthews and Mark Rolston. Also returning are Lance Henriksen and William Hope.

Their reasonings for not including playable females is very puzzling and upsetting to fans who want an authentic ALIENS experience with female marines like Vasquez, Dietrich and Ferro. We feel that it should be included as a Downloadable Content Patch, to be released after the game releases on February 12, 2013. We believe ALIENS Colonial Marines can be a flagship for more game developers to start including females in their games, as there are many female gamers out there!

I would like to ask you if you could approach Ms. Goldstein and Ms. Scott for their opinions and or support for this. May I also suggest you get in contact with GEARBOX SOFTWARE president Randy Pitchford and Gearbox Producer Brian Burleson for possible involvement of Ms. Goldstein and Ms. Scott for the Multiplayer aspect of the game?. And I also ask if you could pass this on to Colette Hiller's agent as well?, as I do not have their contact information.

GEARBOX SOFTWARE
101 E Park Blvd # 1200 Plano, TX 75074, United States
(972) 312-8202

What better way to achieve this then to ask the iconic Female Colonial Marines themselves?

Thank you for your time!
- Melissa K.
- The undersigned petition supporters.

This sounds great! If I may add one suggestion, I would recommend you add in something about how people look up to Vasquez, Ferro, and Dietrich as heroes or icons. Really drive the point across that you and other women look up to them.

Still it is very concise, polite,  and you definitely get your point across. I hope this goes well for you!

Ash 937

Moosh,

I seriously believe that you a doing excellent work with this cause.  Kudos to you!  That letter is brilliant!

Moosh89

Thank you, but I cannot take all the credit, Very big thanks to SM for helping out with it :)

As for adding in more about how iconic they are, I think the last line sums it up, short and sweet, without "kissing a**". I am a huge fan of both characters and actors, and I think they have a general idea that their work in ALIENS is stellar to the fans (and women in general)

Thanks for the feedback, I am going to send it now :)

Predaker

Good luck! I hope they respond.

Moosh89

Thanks! I'm excited!

Now, to find a FAN MAIL address for these ladies, I wanna get me some autographs! hahaha

I know Jenette has done some video game voice work in the recent past, so hopefully she will get in on this too!

shadowedge

Quote from: Moosh89 on Jul 19, 2012, 07:10:09 PM
Thanks! I'm excited!

Now, to find a FAN MAIL address for these ladies, I wanna get me some autographs! hahaha

I know Jenette has done some video game voice work in the recent past, so hopefully she will get in on this too!

Good luck! :)

WinterActual

Quote from: Predaker on Jul 19, 2012, 06:53:53 PM
Good luck! I hope they respond.
They already did - they said it can't be done right now. Its too much work.

Moosh89

Just got a reply from Cynthia Dale Scott's agent!

He simply said he would forward our letter on to Cynthia!

How exciting!

Congratulations everyone! I hope she agrees!

Predaker

Quote from: Moosh89 on Jul 20, 2012, 06:03:27 PM
Just got a reply from Cynthia Dale Scott's agent!

He simply said he would forward our letter on to Cynthia!

How exciting!

Congratulations everyone! I hope she agrees!
Awesome! I'm glad you got a response. :)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: GearboxAny statements or announcements we have on this matter will be shared directly with you here -- you won't have to hear about them through some second-hand source. Until then, please take any information that doesn't come directly from us or our publisher with a healthy bucket load of salt.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=2650412&postcount=567

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=2650413&postcount=111

I find it very disappointing how all attempts from press, fan-sites and fans to get official clarification on this situation have been repeatedly ignored by both studio and publisher. There's still a lot of discussion going on about characters and other aspects of the game and things are always subject to change of course but I think this could have been handled better.

Njm1983

ShadowPred

Quote from: Njm1983 on Jul 21, 2012, 05:38:01 PM
At this point im pretty much this about the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY#ws

So damn true, at this point, I'm done.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 21, 2012, 03:52:02 PM
I find it very disappointing how all attempts from press, fan-sites and fans to get official clarification on this situation have been repeatedly ignored by both studio and publisher. There's still a lot of discussion going on about characters and other aspects of the game and things are always subject to change of course but I think this could have been handled better.

Sometimes they come through.  This following was posted on the GBX community forum by a GBX representative in regards to the issue of whether or not acid blood will be present in single player campaign mode.

"I've been checking in with the team to get an official answer on the matter and I'm happy to say I have one for you now: Acid blood damage is present in both campaign and multiplayer.

As the game is still being developed, the specific details are still being tuned so we don't have anything more to share about how the mechanic works at this time, but it's definitely there.
"

While I'm glad that the fans got an answer I'm still curious to know how acid blood damage will work in single player campaign mode...but I'm happy that we got an answer at all.  I wanted to thank everyone that contributed in the Petition thread that specifically addressed this issue but it's been locked so I might as well do it here.

Thanks Everyone...and now lets get playable female marines in A:CM!!!

;)

Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2651312&posted=1#post2651312

ShadowPred

I guess that's that for this case.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 21, 2012, 09:42:32 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jul 21, 2012, 03:52:02 PM

Sometimes they come through.

I'm aware and glad to hear that they finally officially commented on this. But having seen how PR works multiple times I still think this could have been handled better. Good news regardless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed