Started by nukem11, Jan 15, 2008, 12:29:41 AM

Did you like it

yes
145 (96%)
no
6 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
Did you like Predator 2 (Read 17,978 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I was going to say maybe because of the ambient temperature in the meat storage but I think CH saw like that outside of that place without his mask.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Probably a goof

SM

SM

Yeah I think it's a goof.  It even has the 'whipcrack' sound effect.

Highland

Highland

His natural vision is thermal though right? I always thought maybe the helmet just tuned it in better.

SM

SM

Possibly.  I always thought the helmet-less vision was predominantly red and blurry based on the end of Predator - but having another look, it's not as red and blurry as I remembered, and the end of Predator 2 can be explained by the difference in ambient temperature as Cruentus mentioned above.  Predator also has sound effects when the mask is off too.

The outside shots are more difficult to explain as it would be much warmer, even at night considering the heatwave.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

A Yautja's natural vision.
Predators' vision operates mainly in the infrared portion of the electromagnetic spectrum; they can easily detect heat differentials in their surroundings, but are unable to easily distinguish among objects of the same relative temperature. 

A Predator's helmet or Bio-Mask greatly increases its ability to see in a variety of spectrums, ranging from the low infrared to the high ultraviolet, and also filters ambient heat from the area, allowing them to distinguish prey with greater clarity and detail.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Yautja_(Predator)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wasn't the red vision in Predator just the pure infra-red that wasn't altered to be better seen?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 11, 2018, 07:47:32 AM
Wasn't the red vision in Predator just the pure infra-red that wasn't altered to be better seen?

Yep ^

Rush Hour Rambo

Rush Hour Rambo

Predator 2 looks better and better as each mediocre sequel is released. Some of the scenes in it are mental such as the Voodoo posse gang in the penthouse and King Willies demise. It rocks.

Good film, always was.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Mike Harrigan on Oct 11, 2018, 07:36:52 PM
Good film, always was.
Fockin' voodoo magic, man!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

King Willie says, not only do I have to kill you, but I have to take your soul....

brain_damage

brain_damage

I see. Now I will have to see the first one. I went backwards in this order: The Predator, AVP:R, Predators, P2 and now P1 to follow. That's why I can't tell. I remember the red vision with no lining features. Wow, after so many years I still remember that scene. Powerful red after that all green.

Willie's scream was one of my friends ringtone. Chiiiiiils!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mike Harrigan on Oct 11, 2018, 07:36:52 PMSome of the scenes in it are mental such as ... King Willies demise. It rocks.

I mentioned it after seeing the film in the cinema with Hicks a little while back - I honestly think that might be the single best scene from any of the films. It's so well edited and executed (no pun intended).

predator2rules

predator2rules

I love how he comes soaring down the side of that building and smashes straight into that puddle of water.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: burkewhimp on Oct 15, 2018, 11:02:05 AM
I love how he comes soaring down the side of that building and smashes straight into that puddle of water.

I've always loved the camouflaged Predator's footsteps through those puddles of water.  Even now I'm so impressed with that special effects work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed