Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 76,816 times)

SM

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 06:39:06 AM
SM you are clearly trying to just pick holes in everything I'm saying. Apparently you think it makes you smart when it doesn't.

The sentiment is real if thousands of fans of cinema in general feel the same way about political correctness. You might think it's about being "inclusive" but for a lot of us we just want a good story. I don't care what colour a character is or what their sexual orientation is. Why should that come first? The story and character should be the driving force.

And how is it relevant to the story? If it is relevant to the story then great by all means. But if it's not, it's forced and shallow.

What I'm trying to say is this.

The problem is when studios like Disney build a character around race just because it makes them look good to boost profits rather than it being sincere. It's actually a mockery to those real groups they are portraying. Because they are being made to be something special as opposed to something completely natural and normal. Which they are.

Don't you get the point?

The point that 'white male' is the default and anything else is tokenism.  Yes, you've made your point very clearly.

Maybe start digging up.

szkoki

szkoki

Goodbye Alien! The movies are soon to join.

EVILthePREDATOR

Nice try SM. You always did love putting words in my mouth. I clearly just said " I don't care what colour or sexual orientation a character is"

Read into what ever you want and what ever makes you happy. I know what I mean. And I think it's pretty clear for others to see what I mean.

In case you missed it.

" Sky Cinema are adding warnings to select films that contain "outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today". The TV channel, the content of which is also available on NOW TV, is including the disclaimer with films such as Gone with the Wind, Flash Gordon and Dumbo"

Local Trouble

Who cares about disclaimers so long as they don't censor the material itself for those who want to consume it?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 07:07:50 AM
I know what I mean. And I think it's pretty clear for others to see what I mean.

No I'm pretty lost.

Try saying "political correctness gone mad" without being politically correct and we may understand better.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2020, 07:08:12 AM
Who cares about disclaimers so long as they don't censor the material itself for those who want to consume it?
Pretty much this. Slap a warning label on it and move on.

EVILthePREDATOR

Local trouble. I accept what your trying to say. But it's taking away from the point of what I'm talking about with political correctness.

Were you offended by aliens cultural depictions?

I certainly wasn't. It had leading strong female as the pain character, a diverse cast. What was so offensive?

The point is we are living in times now, where even aliens could never be made. Even though it hasn't done anything wrong. Aladdin that came out only last year has got the same warning. There's a huge push in Hollywood right now to make everything completely correct. And I think it will stifle creativity in the long run. You might not care now. But in ten years time you might.

SM

QuoteI clearly just said " I don't care what colour or sexual orientation a character is"

You seem to be complaining a lot for someone who doesn't care.

QuoteAnd I think it will stifle creativity in the long run. You might not care now. But in ten years time you might.

Oh no.  Whatever will we do when movies don't throw around 'slack jawed faggot' as an insult?

SiL

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 07:15:38 AM
What was so offensive?
Putting a wig and fake tan on a light skinned redhead woman and passing her off as a Latina. Aliens could still get made, they'd just cast an actual Latina actress.

QuoteAladdin that came out only last year has got the same warning.
Because they made a movie set in the middle east and filled it with Indian culture and dance because they couldn't tell their brown people apart. Even I was cringing at that.

EVILthePREDATOR

EVILthePREDATOR

http://politicalvanguard.com/the-little-mermaid-becomes-part-of-our-politically-correct-world-by-felicia-tweedy/

This explains it all fat better than I ever can.

SIL her family are from Brazil dude.

SiL

She's half-Russian, half Moroccan/Brazilian and by her own admission was cast for her physique.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2020, 07:20:20 AM
Oh no.  Whatever will we do when movies don't throw around 'slack jawed faggot' as an insult?

If it helps, one of the characters in the Punisher comic called him a "faggot piece of shit" in the issue published as recently as March 2020.

EVILthePREDATOR

Well she has Latino in her regardless. So your point is mute mate. Also you have to remember I've had zero sleep tonight and I'm really tired so I do apologise if I'm not making complete sense. If anyone is interested in what I'm trying to say. Read the article because it does a far better job of explaining it than I can right now.

Goodnight everyone.

SiL

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 07:42:21 AM
Well she has Latino in her regardless.
Of course, but why not portray her as a white Latina -- they do exist, clearly, and even Disney featured one in Big Hero Six -- instead of putting her in brown face? That was the problem.

I'm Australian, that wouldn't make it OK to put me in black face and have me play an indigenous Australian.

D88M

I dont trust disney handling of the brand, that is all.

EVILthePREDATOR

SiL that's utterly ridiculous. You say you're Australian but your heritage is from my country great Britain. You do not have the native Australian genes running through your blood. She does have Latino in her. There's a big difference there. Secondly you sake brown face or whatever. How do you know she isn't into tanning lotion? Plenty of women are. You are being utterly ridiculous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed