Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 186,500 times)

Samhain13

I would prefer it all to die than to see Disney do the same they did with Star Wars.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Time to nuke the site from orbit? :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 11, 2018, 12:01:11 PM
So, how can we get back at Disney if they shelf our beloved franchises?...  :P

Don't watch any of their movies.

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 11, 2018, 12:12:22 PM
Scott will be shooting Merlin for Disney which is very likely that they made or will make a deal regarding Covenant sequel.

Maybe they promised him a Western?  :laugh:

0321recon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 11, 2018, 03:31:05 PM
Scott will be shooting Merlin for Disney which is very likely that they made or will make a deal regarding Covenant sequel.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Starring Michael Fassbender as Cowboy David riding a Queen Xeno...oh my. Pull a Westworld. 

Yautja_Elite_87

So even if The Predator is somehow a success, the chances for any sequels are now slim to none, unless we end up with a watered down 12-A version.

And what's going to happen to Deadpool? I shudder to imagine.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 11, 2018, 03:31:05 PM

I can only hope. It puzzles me that 80-year-old stinky rich and legendary director, who probably can direct any type of movie he wishes, cannot direct a movie he always wanted to make. A Western. Figure that out.

Wilko

Does Logan and Deadpool fit the family friendly formula? They showed R-rated movies aren't guaranteed bombs at the theaters.

HybridNewborn

this appears as if it may still all just be speculation at this point

https://archive.is/J8fgC

fingers crossed

maron

I feel indifferent.

Alien franchise is dead to me since Alien Resurrection. Also it would be the ultimate punishment for narcissistic Riddles to cancel his "amazing" trilogy.
What the future brings? Hero might be transgender and pansexual fighting against aliens in rubber costumes, totally de-gigerized. Who cares?

Game over man. Game over. I will hold Alien 1-3 dear forever.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Depressing, first Netflix now this. I refuse to support any Disney films in the future if they kill Fox.
Tbf Alien film franchise should have died with Alien 3, even if A:R is quite fun. The rest are trash, really wish the prequels were never made.

I'm just glad that I was born in the 80s and was able experience the evolution of cinema before things got sour. If i was a kid today and stumbled upon the prequels first I couldn't care less about the Alien franchise and would probably skip the originals or be unimpressed since the prequels strip most of the wonderment and mystery from the series in the most inept way.

Magegg

I'm confident Disney will manage the Alien franchise way better.

I want a reboot, a new Ripley, les re-hashing of the formula... I strongly prefer the sci-fi aspect over the horror aspect of the franchise, Disney could make a great and more interesting new saga for Aliens.

Probably a sci-fi/action franchise dealing with the arrival of the xenos to Earth, based on Female Wars and such.

I can live without all the gore and R-Rating, as long as the story is great.

I think they can re-imagine the stupid mythology Ridley Scott proposed in the prequels, and do something bolder and more exciting.

Local Trouble

Deadpool 2 was more gory and vulgar than any Alien movie I've seen recently so if he's safe, I don't see how Alien isn't.

The Old One

The Old One

Disney do something bolder, more exciting, without an R rating, which essentially means diminishing the sexual horror aspect, of which is what makes Alien, A L I E N.
Alien invasion.
Directors following a guideline.
Just forget creativity.

That's essentially what you want?

Apart from N.B, I can't think of a much worse fate for the franchise that shits on everything it represents, from the foundations of the universe's Capitalism critical; realism to the creature itself.

Vile; it would be better off buried than to become that.

acrediblesource

Alien without FOX is pretty significant. But Alien with the Disney attachment is jjust plain stupid. They really need to move their plan to place these franchises priority first and get them onto a label that appeals to the fanbase rather than start a new one.

Anarchist86ed

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed