Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,514 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 02, 2012, 04:07:21 PM

And best of all, dont forget Ridley's own 'senior moment' comment when he said the he was going *back* to a planet called zeta reticuli! :D

Well, that probably that was the name of the planetoid after all rather than whatever else they called it in the other movies

d0mm2k8

d0mm2k8

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 02, 2012, 04:29:36 PM
Well, that probably that was the name of the planetoid after all rather than whatever else they called it in the other movies
Zeta Reticuli is a real life star system and is the system where LV-426 is located. Also, I always hated the name Acheron; where did it come from?

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: d0mm2k8 on Mar 02, 2012, 06:38:07 PM
Zeta Reticuli is a real life star system and is the system where LV-426 is located. Also, I always hated the name Acheron; where did it come from?

Acheron has a fabled name in Greek Mythology.  Have you tried Google?

Also, it is quite a symbolic metaphor for the conditions that the Nostromo crew discovered on LV-426.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

It was mentioned in the script for Aliens, during Ripley's hearing, I believe, but the line wasn't used and it isn't referred to as such anywhere in the film.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Mar 02, 2012, 06:54:26 PM
It was mentioned in the script for Aliens, during Ripley's hearing, I believe, but the line wasn't used and it isn't referred to as such anywhere in the film.

It is also used in the original Alan Dean Foster novelization of "Alien", if memory serves.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, what does it all mean to Ridley who thought that the chatter going on when Zeta II Reticuli was mentioned was just gobbledigook?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Greek mythology.

glaswegianmark

glaswegianmark

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 02, 2012, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 02, 2012, 03:35:00 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 03:08:28 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 02, 2012, 12:44:40 PM
It could well be LV 426 if they reverse terraform it to a point where it becomes "almost primordial" as Ash says.

But why would they do that, then leave, and then return later and spend vast sums of cash to make it habitable again? Purely from a business point of view, it would just be pointless.
Plus, this planet looks pretty mighty (going by my limited first impressions). LV426 is just some bumf**k backwater planetoid.

Where is the concrete evidence that the planet isn't LV-426?

because the person who WROTE it said it isnt LV4-26 and because the DIRECTOR said it's a new world. is that so hard to compute?

d0mm2k8

d0mm2k8

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 02, 2012, 06:53:33 PMAcheron has a fabled name in Greek Mythology.  Have you tried Google?
Sorry, I guess I phrased that wrong. I loved Greek Mythology as a kid and, as a result, I suppose I'm quite versed in it. What I meant was 'Which film/book/game did the name first get applied to LV-426?', which has been answered.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Also, I always hated the name Acheron;
What.

Cvalda

Cvalda

"To honor this historic event, Weyland Corp is planning to offer a new round of investment soon. Interested parties can expect to find out more within the next few days."

How much you wanna bet Fox doesn't follow through on that promise. :P

SM

SM

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 02, 2012, 04:07:21 PM
Dont forget the 'dark sand storm' scene that sweeps Noomi off her feet. The large particles in the storm and the way that the scene is framed around the image of the Prometheus landing strut is a big hint that this planet could actually be LV426 prior to some terraforming catastrophe where a toxic substance is ejected into the atmosphere and transforms the entire landscape and derelict into the familiar giger melted bone forms.

Every other shot however shows the planet very calm and not hammered by the winds that tend to dominate LV-426.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That howling wind noise reminds me of childhood awesome.

That and listening to 'resolution and hypersleep' from Aliens over and over and over again by myself in the dark.

;)

We're all mad here, I suppose.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 02, 2012, 11:19:23 PM
That howling wind noise reminds me of childhood awesome.

That and listening to 'resolution and hypersleep' from Aliens over and over and over again by myself in the dark.

;)

We're all mad here, I suppose.

If you like "Resolution and Hypersleep", then I imagine you will appreciate the original source, which is the "Adagio" movement from Aram Khachaturian's "Gayane".  Not sure if this was ever credited, on Horner's "Aliens" soundtrack.  This piece was also featured prominently in 2001:  A Space Odyssey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ZBSdjzKfk#

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 02, 2012, 11:49:45 PM
If you like "Resolution and Hypersleep", then I imagine you will appreciate the original source, which is the "Adagio" movement from Aram Khachaturian's "Gayane".  Not sure if this was ever credited, on Horner's "Aliens" soundtrack.
Nope. Typical Horner :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed