Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 25,066 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 09, 2024, 07:00:58 PMAlien Predator cinematic universe is coming.  :D  ;) Hopefully

That's funny, cause "future" could go in a lot of different ways. Will Badlands be set in a future that is compatible with the future of the Alien films?

And regarding the future setting, I wonder if it'll even be set on Earth, cause that seems like something that's also totally up in the air right now and could go in either direction. Blade Runner-esque future city? A Mad Max style wasteland? An Aliens-esque colony world (maybe complete with Colonial Marines, if they really want to start dipping their toes back into a shared universe)? Seems like a million and a half different conclusions you can arrive at when you think about what a future setting for this would be.

I do think that, eventually, at some point, Disney/20th Century Studios is going to want to swing around and take a new stab at AVP. But I don't think that the Alien and Predator franchises have to literally cross over in order for that to happen; it can just be a standalone thing that doesn't infringe on the continuities of either. Seeing what Badlands' outlook of the future is, and how compatible it is with what we know form the Alien films, will probably be our first real taste of the potential of what direction that sort of thing could go in, though.

MaineXeno

I think it's best for Alien and Predator to remain separate and have AvP be its own standalone universe

pmaz11

Great news!!! Can't wait for ALL the updates to come!  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 09, 2024, 07:07:32 PMI think it's best for Alien and Predator to remain separate and have AvP be its own standalone universe

I agree completely. I would be all for seeing a future in Badlands that is totally incompatible with the future presented in Alien.

But I do wonder, at this rate, how long it's going to be before the temptation settles in and 20th Century takes their chances with the idea of trying out the crossover again. Especially since it's a new studio and new people calling the shots now.

Acid for Blood

Whoop!   ;D  This is fantastic news!

MudButt

I posted this in the Prey forum but I guess this is a better place. Mods can merge if needed  8)

Anyways, so excited we're getting more Predator movies!

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 07:11:39 PM
Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 09, 2024, 07:07:32 PMI think it's best for Alien and Predator to remain separate and have AvP be its own standalone universe

I agree completely. I would be all for seeing a future in Badlands that is totally incompatible with the future presented in Alien.

But I do wonder, at this rate, how long it's going to be before the temptation urges for them to take their chances with the crossover again. Especially since it's a new studio and new people calling the shots now.

If Alien: Romulus proves itself to be a success, then they (suits) will probably want that Alien Vs Predator crossover ASAP.

Firebat

Alien Vs. Predator Vs. Terminator, why not at this point?

But anyway, I got Prey, sure, Predator now Prey, sure.... but not sure about Badlands, hope they change the name.

Blake Rogers

Can't wait to wake up to FB and see all of the group complain.....

;D

Mike’s Monsters

I've reached out to my contacts on this and they've had a "Bad Lands" on the schedule for a few weeks now. Today it is confirmed to be a Predator project. I'm told they are actually going into full shooting "very soon". Can't say that means movie production or some type of marketing, but it seems like this has been going on for a bit now. I noticed Dane had been visiting Studio Gillis a lot in his Instagram stories lately. There's a chance they are already ready to go with this.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 09, 2024, 07:20:07 PMI've reached out to my contacts on this and they've had a "Bad Lands" on the schedule for a few weeks now. Today it is confirmed to be a Predator project. I'm told they are actually going into full shooting "very soon". Can't say that means movie production or some type of marketing, but it seems like this has been going on for a bit now. I noticed Dane had been visiting Studio Gillis a lot in his Instagram stories lately. There's a chance they are already ready to go with this.

Damn, son!!

You even got your contacts/sources with the Predator side of the franchise.

Badlands does sound like something out of Mad Max, instead of a more Blade Runner-esque future, so i can't wait to see what they do with it.

The studios will probabky give Dan a bigger budget this time, so he can be a little more ambitious after the more back to basics approach with Prey.

MaineXeno

I feel like they have to be planning something big with AvP because there's been no comic announcements or even omnibus's of the Dark Horse stuff

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 09, 2024, 07:20:07 PMI've reached out to my contacts on this and they've had a "Bad Lands" on the schedule for a few weeks now. Today it is confirmed to be a Predator project. I'm told they are actually going into full shooting "very soon". Can't say that means movie production or some type of marketing, but it seems like this has been going on for a bit now. I noticed Dane had been visiting Studio Gillis a lot in his Instagram stories lately. There's a chance they are already ready to go with this.

Very, very nice. This is all coming together pretty soon then, it seems. And I'd imagine we'll get a proper theatrical release this time around.

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 09, 2024, 07:23:01 PMBadlands does sound like something out of Mad Max, instead of a more Blade Runner-esque future

Here's hoping. I'd love to see a Predator in that sort of environment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed