Predator 6/Prey 2

Started by Dr. Von Predator, Nov 06, 2023, 05:20:48 AM

Author
Predator 6/Prey 2 (Read 3,445 times)

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

Do you think they'll announce a new film soon or do you think 20th Century will do what Dan wanted to do with Prey and shoot in secret, then drop a surprise trailer?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

At this point it seems to be the worst kept open secret in Hollywood that something is going on behind the scenes. I think we'll get one sooner rather than later.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

Worst kept secret might be the best way to describe it LoL. It's entirely possible that they'll try to keep things under wraps until they're ready to show something, especially considering the way Prey was outed by the press. But barring something catastrophic occurring it's definitely happening. I was actually just thinking about this the other day trying to do the math in my head.

We know Dan and Amber are both coming back. We know Dan had ideas during and coming out of Prey. With Prey blowing up like it did and the reaction being so overwhelming from both audiences and critics, if there wasn't a deal struck right there, then maybe there was some kind of verbal greenlight and early development going on not long after it came out.

The two strikes obviously hindered everything everywhere, but with the DGA taking a deal to avoid their own strike it would be possible for the movie to go into a soft prep under Dan based on whatever was written prior to the WGA strike and his own plans as a Director. We know that concept artists have been working on a Predator project during this time. And as a Director Dan could potentially go on location scouts. Casting during the SAG strike would be problematic, even though other productions have been doing it, so we might not be hearing anything official until after the SAG deal is ratified.

As far as an actual announcement goes, I feel like it could be 50/50 if they say anything or keep things quiet until later. Prey was supposed to be a surprise, potentially until release, except the press outed the movie. And this one seems to be outed every chance it gets. Aside from scoopers confirming it again and again for clicks, was it production weekly? that also confirmed it.
I've been wondering whether we'd hear something official before the end of this year, we're now in November so there's still time. Safest bet is they start filming sometime mid next year and it comes out mid to late 2025?

Greyback

Greyback

I'm hoping for the use of Alan Silvestri's Predator theme, better CGI and above all a better Predator design, back to the Stan Winston design.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: Greyback on Dec 24, 2023, 09:02:52 AMI'm hoping for the use of Alan Silvestri's Predator theme, better CGI and above all a better Predator design, back to the Stan Winston design.

I'm craving that design so much that I could watch a movie with a Winston designed predator playing
cards for 2 hours.

I want the WW2 script penned by the Thomases.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

it looks like Amber will be filming a new unrelated movie around April, i think. so i guess we'll take that into consideration.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed