Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 114,932 times)

Plokoon111

SO to think about. Since this is before Alien. This could be how the alien started; as goo, and as they attack hosts they evolve and evolve. It sort of makes sense.

BUGZ

Would love to see the actual video now! Come on - share the video now! lol

Bri ::)

Mihail

The movie looks promising!

KFS

KFS

Thanks to those who saved and shared the pics.
Teaser should be around the corner, probably with Rise of POTA.

I'm suprised whay the amount of people who are actually surprised it looks like an ALIEN film.
It started as an ALIEN direct prequel then it moved to a story taking place in the same universe.
Meaning we would get human tech and Space Jockey tech that looks like the one we already know but a whole new story that do not finish with the crash of the space jockey ship on LV426.

So yeah it's a space jockey ship, but not THE derelict from ALIEN.
It's from the same technologie but is different.
There will be no LINK to the events of ALIEN.
It's a companion, spin off, side story.

As for the pics they reveal a lot.

The Space Jockey ship/cave is not discovered on Earth (they all wear spacesuits, but then at one point they remove the helmets meaning the air is friendly to humans in that space Jockey ship).

So the Space Jockey ship that appears in the first minutes of the movie that takes place at the begining of time do not stay there but must leave some trace since the PROMETHEUS is launched on a mission.
Mission wich includes suits, scientists AND Believers as Charlize Theron said in the SDCC press confrence.
Believers in the theory that some ancient Alien race visited Earth and did something there (impregnated Life maybe since it's what the Space Jockey aka Engeeners do).

Then we have the Space Jockey ship itself.
Either that central part has the Space Jockey/Engeener under it in hypersleep, either it's the top of the big head.
But don't you find weird that the Head looks so Human? Nose, ears, neck...
I always had the theory that the Space Jockey under the suit looks like a tall human, probably fused with biomechanical tech.

Scott also stated that what they will find will evicerate them, from some of the pics you can see that members of the crew are infected by something. I would say either a new parasite that does the same as the Chestbuster or some kind of DNA fusion that transform a +human into something else.

Wow almost a year yet to go...
Its gonna be a tough one to wait for ^^

zuzuki

Quote from: KFS on Aug 01, 2011, 09:20:16 PM
T

Scott also stated that what they will find will evicerate them, from some of the pics you can see that members of the crew are infected by something. I would say either a new parasite that does the same as the Chestbuster or some kind of DNA fusion that transform a +human into something else.

that would be cool.
i'm trying to get a sense of what is being flamed in that pic.seems alien but human size.it's hard to make sense of anything.this movie is gonna big.i hope it has 2hours plus

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Darkoo on Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/162b028d8fbacc707c6a_31.jpg

A...Are those Xenomorph eggs? They sure look like it!

I'm liking more what I see here, people! I'm LIKING IT A LOT!!  ;D

BRING ON PROMETHEUS!!

-Rakai'Thwei

Lonely Universe

Def looks like something standing there.

JaaayDee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFetLrBOtgg#

I think the mood of this track fits this thread perfectly.

KFS

KFS

Only thing that annoys me for now is that for the moment all seems very familiar.
Human Spaceship on a mission finds some alien stuff, inside weird alien creatures, then back on the ship shit happens.
I really hope it's juste the tip of the iceberg.
I wanna see whole alien civilisations, epic and wide scenes not just humans hiding or searching in spaceship corridors.
Already saw that.

Snowdog

Quote from: KFS on Aug 01, 2011, 10:19:18 PM
Only thing that annoys me for now is that for the moment all seems very familiar.
Human Spaceship on a mission finds some alien stuff, inside weird alien creatures, then back on the ship shit happens.
I wanna see whole alien civilisations, epic and wide scenes not just humans hiding or searching in spaceship corridors.
Already saw that.

It looks way 'bigger' than just another Alien1979. Also i think the story is way more complex (judging from the images and interviews). especcialy when there space jockeys involved. There can be so much done withing that concept.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

KFS

KFS

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 01, 2011, 10:35:10 PM
Quote from: KFS on Aug 01, 2011, 10:19:18 PM
Already saw that.

It looks way 'bigger' than just another Alien1979. Also i think the story is way more complex (judging from the images and interviews). especcialy when there space jockeys involved. There can be so much done withing that concept.

I know and hope it will be.
But well i'm sorry but from the pictures themselves it does not look any bigger.
What we are seeing here is not part of the biggers epic parts, if there is any.
Humans in spaceship interiors, Human in spacesuit in harsh then alien environnement (as big or bigger than the derelict), humans fighting against human sized foes (flamethrower, and gun aiming).
I'msure that the teaser is supposed to make us think that we are in familiar grounds then the next teaser or trailers will hint at completely new and unseen stuff in the Alien universe.
I just hope that the Space Jockey's civilisation is not limited to this chamber, ship, cave that they find.

CainsSon

I have a feeling then when we are done with PROMETHEUS it may be that ALIEN seems like a spin off of this film instead  PROMETHEUS may in fact not include SPACE JOCKEY'S in the way we are expecting it to either. I have a feeling that we are finding ruins or some kind of ruins or maybe that there is an even more direct connection between the humans and the alien DNA.

At the end of the last feature on the making of A:R in the ALIEN ANTHOLOGY...there is talk of what comes next and one of the curious additions is a lot of talk of what happens when we mix the alien's dna with human dna.

Im thinking there is something to the head looking human as well

KFS

KFS

CainsSon,
i don't think it a ruin, looks more like a dormant ship (i really hope we're gonna discover a living civilization not only relics of it wich could be the cas since the SJ from ALIENS seemed from eons ago, a sole SJ survivor woud be really a shame).
Those urns must not be dangerous at first, the xeno eggs were stored in a lower chamber far from the Space Jockey here they are on the same level as the pilot room (BTW i think the SJ pilot is hidden in the head).
Must be some "seeds" of life  that the human will temper with, or even SJ seeds or DNA.
I bet my money on human creted by SJ, then Human mixed with some alien dna create something else.
Also that the SJ will have a lot to share phisicaly with their human creations.

RoaryUK
Sorry my fellow ssfreak ^^ bigger sets doesnt mean bigger scope to me.
Practical sets instead of CGI doesnt mean bigger scope to me.
These shot could be from ALIEN, juste a wider shot of the derelict ship or some other room.
If Ridley had as much money as he does today he would probably have done the same thing and extend the Derelict set furthermore.
See what i mean?

Bigger scope to me, means new horizons, new environnement and situation.
What we saw from the Icelandic shoots THAT! is new to the ALIEN universe, THAT is bigger, epic scope to me.

For the moment like i said we are in known territory. It feels like home.
But i want more that just feel the old ALIEN vibe again.

I know that Scott would have not bethered to come back on board if it was just to rehash his own movie and i'm pretty sure that we will get these new strange worlds and situations of epic proportions.
Like i said i want to see civilizations not just one guy from it and also with FOX i'm always worried.

dallevalle

I am so excited about this HOly shit those pictures are insane those must have been taken from a cam record
i wish they would upload the video XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed