Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 754,310 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, I didn't see it either.  Closest thing to it was a computer file showing Ripley's mug with "deceased" under it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Gibson's first draft has a bunch of magic Aliens on the Sulaco, although he fixed it in his second draft.

Red's has a bunch of magic Aliens on the Sulaco, although it's arguably a dream sequence (but given how batshit nonsensical the rest of that script is I wouldn't like to say for certain).

Twohy's doesn't feature the Sulaco at all.

Ward's has a bunch of magic Aliens on the Sulaco, although it's only mentioned in dialogue.

We should be glad all we got was an egg.

khas

khas

Quote from: judge death on Feb 01, 2021, 08:55:08 PM
I stick to my theory that makes it work in my head:

The queen while inside the dropship, produced an emergency egg embryo that she attached to the inside of the drop ship on the roof, where it would grow to mature size, taking way longer than a normal egg that is grown in her eggsack, unlike normal egg that takes ca 3 hours to produce, this took days.
Hence why its updside down and smaller etc.

In the theatrical cut it produced two facehuggers, one with a queen and one with a drone to protect said queen.(aliens exctinction game have this feature too).
In the assembly cut: it produced a super facehugger that laid a queen in ripley and then a drone in the ox/dog.

I buy you the argument. In William Gibson's script, the egg in Bishop's gut was also formed from genetic material from when the queen broke it in two with her tail, so it is possible that it matured for days or weeks until I form at all.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Twohy's script would have worked much better as an Alien 4, and it would have required very little modification.

Huggs

Huggs

I believe he still got to use some of it for Chronicles of Riddick.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2021, 06:36:45 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 06, 2021, 10:53:08 PM
Twohy's didn't, did it? It doesn't start with the Sulaco. Or is it a later reveal?

It didn't.  It started with a mining ship in a meteoroid swarm.  Don't think the Sulaco rates a mention.

They came across a fossilized facehugger if I remember rightly.

Pvt_Frost

Pvt_Frost

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2021, 11:40:00 AM
Twohy's didn't, did it? It doesn't start with the Sulaco. Or is it a later reveal?

It didn't.  It started with a mining ship in a meteoroid swarm.  Don't think the Sulaco rates a mention.

Thanks for the clarification, Hicks.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

An excellent idea that would have worked even better in Alien 4 as a far more logical alternative to cloning Ripley.

SM

SM

Turns out it wasn't fossilised and was just a spider shaped suit.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Stitch

Stitch

Wait, was it fossilised or about twenty years old? I can never tell with this series...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Even if this was retconned as something from last thursday, in art these kinds of things are presented to you as fossils to indicate you that it is Old.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2021, 06:42:02 AM
Turns out it wasn't fossilised and was just a spider shaped suit.

I think it'd work better shortly after the events of Alien 3.  A company survey team could stumble across it while inspecting Fury prior to its sale, followed by a time jump to satisfy the strict requirement of honoring Ripley's sacrifice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed