Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 755,533 times)

The Old One

The Old One

#Thirst.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Said it before and I'll say it again.. We see how it happened:

The acid burning the floor before Bishop is torn apart.. Xenomorph don't drool acid, so that is dripping from the open wound from where the eggsack was torn away..

New additions to the canon, such as the black goo being volatile/ever evolving, examples of small eggs in David's makeshift lab, alongside egg morphing in Alien director's cut, and non canon examples of small eggs (in Gibson's comic adaptation) all tell us the Alien life cycle isn't as cut and dry as everyone makes it out to be... Some people live and die by James Cameron's movie far too much... There are a variety of possible ways the egg got there, you just need an imagination... And no, it wasn't Bishop 🤣

The Old One

The Old One

Thesis;

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 28, 2019, 05:11:28 PM
^
Spoiler
Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 25, 2019, 08:09:05 PM
I still like to think the eggs and ovipositor jelly initially form inside the queen's body.

The jelly full of microscopic eggs moves from her body and into the ovipositor.  Here, the eggs marinate in the ovipositor jelly and grow to full size.

She rips away from the ovipositor and has a little bit of ovipositor jelly dripping from her body, which contains tiny, ungrown eggs.

During the fight with Ripley, some of this jelly drips onto the floor or gets flung onto a wall in the Sulaco.

The aliens have acidic blood, so I see no reason not to believe the ovipositor jelly might be slightly acidic too, so it melts through the floor/wall and the tiny eggs inside of it grow.

This is how we ended up with an egg growing out of a ceiling.
@Local Trouble Credit.
[close]

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 05:02:10 AM
Bishop doing it can be logical in the story's diegesis, but it is absurd when you consider the tone of the character in the movie. He's introduced, developed and concluded as a good guy altogether; more than good, actually amazing. He's the next best thing to Ripley in the movie when it comes to intelligence and heroic feats.

It brings interesting questions about intradiegetic believability VS stylization and respect for the author's intent.

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 06:33:10 AM
It is not only contradictory to the intents of Aliens, it also goes against Alien³ itself.

100%

Antithesis;

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 06:53:52 PM
A "Deus ex machina" and, no antecedent presence? No.

Synthesis;

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 24, 2019, 09:44:35 PM
Page 170.

Spoiler

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 20, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
It was the intention during shooting that it was an unclear amount of surviving Facehuggers
that hitched a ride and waited until the humans were at their most vulnerable.

(The Facehuggers obviously ran for the hills when the airlock opened, under a grating- inside a vent and voilà.
When the Facehuggers return, the crew's in cryosleep.)

The egg was a studio insert, from the mentality that "these things have to come from an egg" creating a needless point of contention.
One that we're still discussing, if you don't care about the way the film should have been edited together being the real explanation;
Then in order to take it at face value, with it being in a place it couldn't possibly be. I only have this to say;

"I had a terrible dream in cryosleep."
-Ellen Ripley

+ Dream-like opening, Dream-like ending.
[close]

judge death

judge death

Well, we see afterall just before the queen takes Bishop some acid fluid dripping down and melting into the floor so I guess that could be the egg fluid from where the eggsack was attached to the queen, and yes we do know that the queen produces the egg embryos and lays them into the eggsack for maturing, given the size of the eggs I doubt she could push them out from her vagina. But I do remain skeptical about those embryos/cells being able to fall onto the floor and from there grow to a small egg, without maturing to a proper egg, if its that easy then why bother with the eggsack at all?

One theory from me could be: Eggs that starts life like that outside the eggsack will grow to smaller size than a regular egg and super short lifespan, hence they hatch as soon as its mature and the facehugger carries a queen and normal drone for protection. While eggs that is laid by the eggsack will be able to live for 1000s of years and ensures the species can survive for a long time.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Ferro and Spunkmeyer did it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

lol For Mass Effect? No.

For the thread? No choice. Yes.

Reply #2672

SiL

SiL

Yeah trying to assert one interpretation as standard isn't really going to ... I was going to say "go down well", but it's not going to go down, period.

The Old One

The Old One

It's no interpretation.

The logical refutations, and logical conclusion.

But, fair enough.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

About logic, I see you all have NOTHING to debunk the Ferro & Spunkmeyer version.

They had nothing to do while other Marines were risking their lives and the Company knew about this. So they paid them to get them some fresh eggs from the Derelict. The Company instructed them to take basic safety measures, which worked - Ferro & Spunkmeyer obtained eggs without a problem.

They hide the egg in the bulk and got back to LV-426, re-landed. No problem.

Do you want proof? Well thirty minutes into the movie, right after deposing the M577 APC, the UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship takes off.

30:46

WHY does it take off? You may assume that's in order to protect the dropship from being attacked by aliens, but then why don't they get back into orbit? Or at least land 1000 kilometers away or something? (Acheron is big enough, 12,201 km.)

Instead, we find the dropship landed at 1:06. And landed right in the Hadley's Hope installations. We don't see the environment clearly, but we do see the ground is covered in metal plates and there are artificial structures in the background. So it's either the settlement or the atmospheric processor's direct surroundings.

Why did it land right in this dangerous area, if it took off to avoid it?

Another question: why does Spunkmeyer react so little to the Alien mucus? Why does he merely say "Hold on a sec, there's something?". He perfectly knows about the Alien threat. The entire mission is about it. He got Ripley's story and written report, plus both Ferro and Spunkmeyer were likely sent updated on the situation on the other troops via radio (unless they just waited for the red torch signal, which seems doubtful).

This theory actually resolves THREE plotholes:

- The Alien egg
- The dropship taking off just to land in the very same installations
- Uncautious Spunkmeyer.

Occam's razor must be favoured: choose the simplest hypothesis, which explains everything.

Huggs

Huggs

Spunkmeyer didn't give the goo it's due because he's a james cameron movie trope. They never do their homework and you could sneak up on them in a Mac truck.

In typical movie fashion, it was time for a jumpscare. Cameronisms at their finest.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 04, 2019, 03:49:59 AM
G o d . F u c k i n g . D a m n . I t

Alien 5?

With any luck, he will.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Hate is a gift.

Besides, we still have yet to reach consensus.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

The Old One> To answer your erased post, the very function of the egg on Sulaco is to make the nightmare begin anew.

I'm just following the very same logic.  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

We must preserve it for future generations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed