Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 22,821 times)

Some Old Dude

Mine is:

Blade Runner
Blade Runner Blackout
2036: Nexus Dawn
2048: Nowhere to Run
Blade Runner 2049
The Peter Weyland Files
Prometheus
Meet Walter
Phobos
Last Supper
Alien Covenant
Advent
Last Signs of Life
Alien
Alien Isolation (maybe?)
Aliens
Alien 3

The five Predator solos are in their own timeline for me.

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

That's quite the list, some good ones on there. I consider Blade Runner and Outland honorable mentions for sure.  For me it's gotta be

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus

&
Predator
Predator 2
Predators

That's a rap for me, you can keep the rest. I hardly watch em if at all. There is something I enjoy in all the films but its  a question of standards for me. Admittedly Prometheus and Predators push it a little but I find them enjoyable overall. Just my opinion.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

A L I E N

Main Canon:
ALIEN (including Nest/Egg-Morphing scene)
ALIENS (Original Cut but with extended tribunal scene and Sulaco of awakening scene)
ALIEN 3 (Assembly Cut but with a dog for host instead of an ox)

Secondary Canon:
PROMETHEUS
ALIEN: COVENANT
ALIENS (Director's Cut)
ALIEN 3 (Theatrical Cut)
ALIEN: RESURRECTION

Potential Canon:
ALIEN: ISOLATION
PROM EXTRA MATERIAL (shorts, extra/extended scenes & cuts)
A:C EXTRA MATERIAL (shorts/promos, extra/extended scenes & cuts)
ALIEN FILM NOVELIZATIONS

P R E D A T O R

Main Cannon:
PREDATOR
PREDATOR 2

Secondary Canon:
THE PREDATOR
PREDATORS

Potential Canon:
? (don't know enough about Predator media to categorize it)

A V P

Main Canon:
AVP
AVP: REQUIEM

Secondary Canon:
? (any crossover AVP EU post-AVP:R)

Potential Canon:
... (I guess hamfist the shoehorn is the deal-e-o here...)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 12, 2021, 07:53:15 PM...

A V P

Main Canon:
AVP
AVP: RESURRECTION

For a moment, I thought that Alien Resurrection was part of your AVP headcanon.  :laugh:

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 11, 2021, 08:45:18 PM
The name especially, but everything about it, is shit.

That's quite a reason

Immortan Jonesy

It should always have been Linguafoeda-Acheronsis Prime.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 13, 2021, 06:05:29 AM

A V P

Main Canon:
AVP

For a moment, think that Alien Resurrection was part of your AVP headcanon.  :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/fr3z2mV/Cloned-aliens-1-700x408.jpg

Haha, oops! OK, I fixed it.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 13, 2021, 07:06:23 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 13, 2021, 06:05:29 AM

A V P

Main Canon:
AVP

For a moment, think that Alien Resurrection was part of your AVP headcanon.  :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/fr3z2mV/Cloned-aliens-1-700x408.jpg

Haha, oops! OK, I fixed it.

Oh don't worry, I actually enjoyed to fantasize about the idea given the similarity between the creatures. Well, technically they are the same aliens but painted differently.  :laugh:

BishopWantsIt

For me Canon has nothing to do with films, comics, books, etc.
I have my own idea of what I would have liked the canon to be and what I would have liked the authors had explored.

The Universe is inhabited by many sentient and non-sentient species, e.g., the Arcturians (Aliens)
Through space exploration, humanity has encountered some of them.
One of these species is the Alien that we all love and somewhere in the universe there is a planet which the Alien is native to. They are probably an ancient species, even million years old.
They are highly aggressive and dangerous—which is an euphemism—but they are not intelligent. One of the scenes I hate the most from all films is the one where they imply that the Aliens somehow managed to turn the lights off in Aliens. I could accept it if they destroyed a source of light but not that they turn off a power generator. 
An intelligent animal attacks with plans, evaluates risks and gains, does not rush towards its death only "because"—unless driven by some fanaticism or fear of a worse punition (i.e., soldiers sent to their death for religious or military reasons).

As they say on Earth, which came first? The egg or the chicken? The Aliens reproduce through the eggs, only laid by a different type of Alien that we all know as the Alien Queen. No other types of "Aliens" exist. There could be slight variations if the Alien is born from different creatures, that is, non-human, and whether this makes sense or not from a scientific point of view, I don't care.
—Eggs are only laid by Alien queens

Another species is that of the Space Jockey, which for some reason (scientific, military, etc) were transporting alien eggs in their ship (Alien).
Corollary: The Engineers do not exist. Prometheus, Covenant, AvP and AvP2 did not happen.
—No alien species has ever been to Earth (I do  hope they will though, in fiction).

BlueMarsalis79

Sounds awful, and completely the opposite of what the Alien franchise means, truly glad it's not the generic science fiction you posit.

razeak

Thread title is not capable of being resolved

Kel G 426

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 12, 2021, 12:59:04 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on May 09, 2020, 06:08:59 PM

The awful Isolation novel, Instead of the Creative Assembly masterpiece, just why? Oh and AVP 2010's continuity and canon directly links it to AVP and AVPR, in addition to Aliens and Alien³ rather bluntly. Even if Neill Blomkamp's Alien V ever did come out, that it did not, it can't co-exist with the former.

I didn't notice I was using an image of the Isolation novel. I definitely mean the game.

I'm not concerned with the particulars of AVP2010 continuity, just more the cinematic experience of the game and how it would make a good template for a movie.

BlueMarsalis79

Good template? Not in the slightest. It's just AVP 2004 in space...

Also I hope after Demonic you are not seriously still holding out hope for more half baked Neill Blomkamp ideas.

SiL

Let people enjoy things for God's sake.

BlueMarsalis79

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
No
[close]
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed