Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 186,719 times)

Samhain13

I just remembered. How will the EU material work now with Disney? Will any next games and novels be put aside? Are we really that f**ked?

The movies were disappointing anyway, but the other stuff was going great. Goddammit.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 12, 2018, 01:21:40 AM
I just remembered. How will the EU material work now with Disney? Will any next games and novels be put aside?
Are we really that f**ked?

They'll either all be cancelled or continue as normal.

Samhain13

Samhain13

They would only happen if they have already started....? I don't know how the development of a game or book works, but there won't be more an interest in Disney to make more, if like there isn't an alien-predator departament anymore or whatever. If Disney gives up on movies, companies/people won't be able to them the permission to make more books/games. If only they could sell the rights of R-rated franchises to someone else.

SM

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 12, 2018, 01:22:48 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 12, 2018, 01:21:40 AM
I just remembered. How will the EU material work now with Disney? Will any next games and novels be put aside?
Are we really that f**ked?

They'll either all be cancelled or continue as normal.

There is a ton of stuff in various stages of development - but so were more episodes of Clone Wars when Disney canned it.  So it's really anyone's guess.

Local Trouble

I have faith that you'll sort it all out.

Ingwar

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 12, 2018, 12:01:13 AM
Deadpool 2 was more gory and vulgar than any Alien movie I've seen recently so if he's safe, I don't see how Alien isn't.

But Deadpool 2 was a box office success.

whiterabbit

When Disney talks about family friendly; they surely mean money maker. So uh... deadpool and r-rated xmen movies are safe, alien movies... not so much.

Magegg

Tbh I believe Disney will sell the AVP Universe to Universal Pictures.

Nukiemorph

I wonder if Scott Free could buy the IP and work with one of the major studios to make further Alien movies.

I know half of this forum would hate that, but I'd be happy.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Magegg on Aug 12, 2018, 05:06:28 AM
Tbh I believe Disney will sell the AVP Universe to Universal Pictures.
I agree with that sentiment. It was a huge sum of money to buy Fox and selling off properties to lower that overall burden is in Disney's primary interest. So hope abounds.

Though I'm kind of surprised that it sounds like Disney is going to erase the Fox moniker but what can you say. C'est la vie.

However I doubt Scott Free would buy the franchise. I'm not sure if they could, even with co-financing, bring such movies to fruition.

D88M

Not surprising in the least but still this is God awful, so we are seeing the definitive ending of anything Alien/Predator related forever? This is terrible. Also pretty hipocritical of disney being one of the most perverse companies of the world. Also the monopoly of movies that they are constructing is pretty scary, is not like their movies are great.

Xeno from Chino

After hearing this news, I hope a chestburster bursts out of Mickey and a Predator shines his three red dots on Goofy's forehead ready to fire. Pretty much sums up my feelings on the topic.

Chainsaw squirrel

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. First Star Wars gets f**ked, now this... f**k DISNEY

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Shocker  :P

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 12, 2018, 12:01:13 AM
Deadpool 2 was more gory and vulgar than any Alien movie I've seen recently so if he's safe, I don't see how Alien isn't.

Deadpool 2 wasn't near as gory as Covenant was. More vulgar, totally.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Where's the fair competition if Disney do buy fox? I mean the monopoly that Disney have on the film industry is going to far. It's really starting to feel like Disney just want to own everything. If they are not going to bother with r rated franchises, they should be forced to sell them imo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed