Happy Alien Day everyone!!

Started by Acid_Reign161, Apr 26, 2024, 11:04:29 AM

Author
Happy Alien Day everyone!! (Read 1,480 times)

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 27, 2024, 12:42:12 AMAlien³ looks damn good in 4K, with the "Legacy Cut" fan project, not much else of interest though.

Somehow this has escaped me, was not even aware of it till I saw your post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention blue, looks amazing.

Nightmare Asylum

And now that it is 4/27, I finally get to see Alien in the theater today!

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Saw it last night. So enjoyed it. 8)

I don't think there were 12 people in the theatre.

I had read earlier this week on here about the "Company" being the only way the corporation was referred to in ALIEN. But Weylan Yutani is printed on a monitor in the film.

I saw it last night. ;D  It's on the lower part of a monitor when Ripley says "turbulence" in the landing sequence.(I looked this morning it is visible on the Blu ray)

I think this is my 4th time seeing ALIEN on the big screen. One of the things that stands out to me every time is the sound. There is an engine sound that is like a heart beat during certain sequences. I spoke to a couple of people on the way out. It was their first time seeing it on the big screen. Of course they loved it with many praises of the film.

* * * * *  experience.   

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 27, 2024, 11:59:08 AMSaw it last night. So enjoyed it. 8)

I was one of 4 people in the theatre, including myself, my dad, some other guy, and his (and I kid you not) seemingly 4 year old daughter.

Nightmare Asylum

When I saw it in 2019 for the 40th anniversary there was someone in the theater that brought his very young child as well.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 27, 2024, 12:42:12 AMAlien³ looks damn good in 4K, with the "Legacy Cut" fan project, not much else of interest though.

This :o <3

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I'm late in here but I hope everyone had a happy Alien Day. Here's some artwork we commissioned for the 45th Anniversary of the original by Azulg Arts.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2024, 03:34:51 PMWhen I saw it in 2019 for the 40th anniversary there was someone in the theater that brought his very young child as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Had a child in my screening last night as well, actually!

Cosmic Incubation

Reminds me of this video of some Texas parents who took their kids to see it back in '79.

I particularly find hilarious the dad who's reasoning was "I think my son should see this cause things like that could happen in life, it could be a true story"

Still Collating...

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 29, 2024, 05:01:37 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zrxkUxAcsI
Reminds me of this video of some Texas parents who took their kids to see it back in '79.

I particularly find hilarious the dad who's reasoning was "I think my son should see this cause things like that could happen in life, it could be a true story"

The most unbelievable part of that video is when she said "4$ a ticket"... :P  :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 29, 2024, 11:39:23 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 29, 2024, 05:01:37 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zrxkUxAcsI

The most unbelievable part of that video is when she said "4$ a ticket"... :P  :laugh:

Wow. Dumb parents. Hahaha.

Nightmare Asylum

My local chain does $5 tickets on Tuesdays, which strikes me as an insanely great discount this day and age.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 27, 2024, 11:59:08 AMSaw it last night. So enjoyed it. 8)

I had read earlier this week on here about the "Company" being the only way the corporation was referred to in ALIEN. But Weylan Yutani is printed on a monitor in the film.

I saw it last night. ;D  It's on the lower part of a monitor when Ripley says "turbulence" in the landing sequence.(I looked this morning it is visible on the Blu ray)

I think this is my 4th time seeing ALIEN on the big screen. One of the things that stands out to me every time is the sound. There is an engine sound that is like a heart beat during certain sequences. I spoke to a couple of people on the way out. It was their first time seeing it on the big screen. Of course they loved it with many praises of the film.

* * * * *  experience.   

The sound design experienced in a big loud cinema is incredible! Like you said the ebb and flow of that hum, the heartbeat like sound ... the dangling of the chains and drips on Brett's hat. Just incredible. I even picked up on sounds I've never really actually heard before in one or two moments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed