Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,973 times)

The Old One

Nightmare Asylum

Finally read this whole run. It was... ok. Started off very strong; the beginning lived up to that "Aliens meets X-Files" pitch I heard touted so many times, and Tristan's issues were gorgeous. Writing was really solid, too.

Around the midpoint it really went off the rails, though. Writing got hard to follow and inconsistent, with random dropped plot threads and flashbacks that either killed the pacing or barely functioned in the narrative (and, sometimes, were hard to even differentiate from the current events). The art ranged from just ok to pretty awful. The final issue was a step up from the previous few, but still not of the quality that the first few issues had promised.

Oh well, glad to have finally read this one. I did really like Zula and Davis. Will be starting Resistance soon, in time for issue 2 to drop on Wednesday.

Perfect-Organism

Ya, I think you described it fairly aptly.

I will not be buying single issues of Resistance.  I'm luke-warm invested in the story.  The TPB I will buy for sure though.

Corporal Hicks

Tristan's artist proofs are now available >> https://tyrannojones.bigcartel.com/products

I picked up two. This one for Shevvie since he always goes on about it when we chat Defiance:

And this page for me:

It's actually the first thing like this I've brought.

SM

SM

Nice!

You can also get the uncensored and unpublished Hollis page.

Kradan

My God, THIS man knows HOW to draw Alien! Very Isolation inspired.

Also don't forget to listen Tristan's interview in last Yutani Podcast. Dude brings some actually interesting thoughts. Especially i liked his take on Aliens despite i cannot fully agree with him.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah... We had a "little chat" about that.

Spoiler

[close]

;D

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 26, 2019, 12:14:25 PM
https://y.yarn.co/cfedd82b-545c-414f-8023-bb36e9827112_text.gif
https://y.yarn.co/f6e1503a-716e-416e-b918-6498d021caf1_text.gif

Cannot help but saying that Brian Glover performance in 3 is great. He's so disgusting and weirdly attractive in the same time.

The Old One

The Old One

The magic of charisma.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2019, 12:02:58 PM
You can also get the uncensored and unpublished Hollis page.

Are they two separate pages or just the nips one?

SM

SM

Both censored and uncensored.

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 26, 2019, 12:07:34 PM

Also don't forget to listen Tristan's interview in last Yutani Podcast. Dude brings some actually interesting thoughts. Especially i liked his take on Aliens despite i cannot fully agree with him.

It's okay, nobody ever does ;)

My thoughts on ALIENS and ALIEN 3 are... not overly popular.

Kradan

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Feb 26, 2019, 07:59:08 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 26, 2019, 12:07:34 PM

It's okay, nobody ever does ;)

My thoughts on ALIENS and ALIEN 3 are... not overly popular.

You've made me honor replying to my post, sir!  See me bowing!  ;)

Talking about ALIENS: i love that movie and can forgive its logical mistakes and plot holes but i think that it's really overrated to some degree and that amounts of people declaring how much they love ALIENS and people who are actually into second movie and know for what reasons they love it are significantly unequal.

ALIEN 3? Honestly i cannot remember what were your points about third one and i should re-listen your interview with Clara.

And still: your art is gorgeous. I hope it will make you be pleased that your art acknowledged even in far far away Ukraine.

The Old One

The Old One

Relistened?

Russ840

Fancy Pants Hardcover incoming guys and girls.

http://www.penguinrandomhouseretail.com/book/?isbn=9781506714585

On sale 12th November

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed