Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,973 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 03, 2017, 08:13:14 PMTotally understandable. Will you pick up a hypothetical collected hardcover if we get it.

Ultimately it depends what bonus stuff they put in there, but I'm leaning towards yes :)

Corporal Hicks

I'm digging the new hardback editions rather than the traditional soft covers. I really hope they do a hardback edition of Defiance.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 03, 2017, 08:32:34 PM
I'm digging the new hardback editions rather than the traditional soft covers. I really hope they do a hardback edition of Defiance.

I can't see them not doing it. Especially seen as Fire and stone got one and the old comics are getting released this way.

There has been a massive surge in Hardcover collections throughout the whole comics industry. The demand is there.

426Buddy

I would def get a defiance hardcover.

However the AvP arc of L&D will have to be amazing for me to want the hard cover fancy pantz edition of that series.

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 04, 2017, 03:25:07 AM
I would def get a defiance hardcover.

However the AvP arc of L&D will have to be amazing for me to want the hard cover fancy pantz edition of that series.

I'm with you on that. I am actually contemplating getting rid of my Fire And Stone fancy pants

Corporal Hicks

I enjoyed that just for the behind-the-scenes stuff and the nice paper quality. I'll be a heathen and give it a purchase, even if I'm not too enamored with the series so far.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2017, 09:02:40 AM
I enjoyed that just for the behind-the-scenes stuff and the nice paper quality. I'll be a heathen and give it a purchase, even if I'm not too enamored with the series so far.

It is a beautiful book. Dark horse produce the best quality for money, without a doubt.  I just have so many hardcovers that I am limited with shelf space. I now buy based on wether I'll re-read regularly. If not. Then I'll get digital so I can scratch an inch if I get it.

Prez

Prez

Quick question and one I'm not has already been answered.

Why do the covers of each Defiance issue (hardly) ever correlate with the actual story within?

Russ840

Quote from: Prez on Jan 06, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

Why do the covers of each Defiance issue (hardly) ever correlate with the actual story within?

It's common in modern comics for the last decade to have a cover that has little to do with what's in side.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 06, 2017, 11:22:34 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jan 06, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

It's common in modern comics for the last decade to have a cover that has little to do with what's in side.

This has always been common with Aliens comics.

Read issue 8 finally, thought it was pretty great issue. I am missing Tristan but the art is still pretty darn good. Lightyears beyond the L&D series.

Spoiler
Looks like removing the Alien fetus wasn't so easy like we thought and Hollis appears to have some sort of infection that may yet kill her. It's a nice touch and alludes to theories that the creature can't be removed without killing the host.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Read Issue #8 today finally lol. Loved it. Great slow build and back and forth. Cant wait for #9

Russ840

What I am am, personally loving about this series is that I will remember all three of the main characters. I think that is rare for these comics. Especially comparing to recent stuff.

From life and death & fire and stone, the only characters I Actually remember and give a Damon about is Galgo and Ahab.

Zula is great. I really like her. First colonial marines since 'Aliens' that is fleshed out well and seems real.

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 06, 2017, 02:56:17 PM
I am missing Tristan but the art is still pretty darn good. Lightyears beyond the L&D series.

Stephen and Tony are doing great guns on this book, but I'd be lying hard if I said I didn't miss working on it. I just can't keep up with the ongoing monthly thing. I am however trying to put something else together that I'd write with Brian... something a little less "plural".

Corporal Hicks

Something Alien?

426Buddy

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 09, 2017, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 06, 2017, 02:56:17 PM
I am missing Tristan but the art is still pretty darn good. Lightyears beyond the L&D series.

Stephen and Tony are doing great guns on this book, but I'd be lying hard if I said I didn't miss working on it. I just can't keep up with the ongoing monthly thing. I am however trying to put something else together that I'd write with Brian... something a little less "plural".

Thats exciting!

I understand it has to be difficult to meet a monthly deadline, especially when your art is so detailed and well done. Makes me wish Dark Horse would have just let you take all the time you need for each issue, I would have waited as long as it took lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed